Foxtel and the Hawks Vs Cats game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable. Dead silence for the first ten minutes of the game, no crowd noise or onscreen score at all for the first 15 minutes. The commentators didn't even see fit to update us with the score, completely unprofessional.

To add to that we missed the bounce and the first 30 seconds of the game because apparantly some rubbish add for Rugby League online dream teams is more important :mad:

I wonder if Foxtel's bed buddies, Channel 9, will slam this shoddy coverage, as the Footy Show made such a big deal when Channel 10 missed the first 30 seconds of a game because that NAB Auskick ad was on. Somehow I don't think they'll mention it :rolleyes:

Channel 7, 9, 10, Foxtel, Launceston, radio stations, advertisers, umpires, broadcasters and television manufacturers are all rubbish.

Can't we go back to the old days when we just found out the score and the goal kickers when the ship gets back from England?

Can't we go back to the old days when we just found out the score and the goal kickers when the ship gets back from England?

At least update a little and have the commentators pretend they are actually at the game by providing their own sound effects :)

what happened to Gary Abletts Jr's hair?
He's gone from teen wolf to George Roper in 7 months....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there were power problems.

How ironic, considering they are playing at Aurora Stadium. Aurora being being the primary supplier of electricity and natural gas to Tasmania.

Something is bound to go wrong when they play in Launceston. Just par for the course.

Is it just me or is picture quality and coverage of this game (sunday early match) always poor - prehaps fox weren't properly prepared for four games a week and have had to use bad equipment for these matches.

At least we get two games live - while 7 delays coverage just for the V8s.

Unbelievable. Dead silence for the first ten minutes of the game, no crowd noise or onscreen score at all for the first 15 minutes. The commentators didn't even see fit to update us with the score, completely unprofessional.

To add to that we missed the bounce and the first 30 seconds of the game because apparantly some rubbish add for Rugby League online dream teams is more important :mad:

I wonder if Foxtel's bed buddies, Channel 9, will slam this shoddy coverage, as the Footy Show made such a big deal when Channel 10 missed the first 30 seconds of a game because that NAB Auskick ad was on. Somehow I don't think they'll mention it :rolleyes:

Very well said....

These morons at FOXSPORTS are more intrested in nrl GARBAGE than AFL. Always have been ALWAYS WILL BE:mad:

These morons at FOXSPORTS are more intrested in nrl GARBAGE than AFL. Always have been ALWAYS WILL BE:mad:

Absolutely agree. And that is the worst possible business decision they could ever make....

According to the broadcasters there was a power failure up there in the first quarter which was the reason for lack of sound.
I thought my television was playing up :p

According to the commentators Hawthorn's now known as Tasmania Hawks, I know they've got 'Tassie Hawks' as a sponsorship name, but the way they crapped on about it at the end it was like they'd already relocated up there.
I can't remember the guy's name now, but he was recruited from Tasmania, and the commentators alluded to the fact that he was a local, a former Hutchins boy and that he'd know every inch of Aurora :confused:
Hutchins is in Hobart, plays at Sandy Bay's old Queenborough ground, and probably never set foot on Aurora - pffft local indeed.
I found the commentators irritating on that broadcast, the postive was not hearing whiny voiced umpires screeching every second of the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtel and the Hawks Vs Cats game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back