Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the start of July and GWS have come out so early about shopping Pick No.1
I think this is a deliberate move to get the wheels in motion.
(Not saying we will get pick 1 but I guess talks have begun)
- Pickering/Silvagni interview
- GWS trading pick 1

The only thing holding things up is Mr Franklin himself who apparently doesn't want to talk about it.

One thing for sure is HFC won't sit by & let this drag along, they will want answers & quickly too !

They could afford to get one or two highly rated free agents with the change they would get from taking Riewoldt instead of Buddy. And in the meantime Sheedy attempts to upset our premiership tilt with the ongoing saga of Buddy's unsigned contract.

Don't underestimate that Pr#ck Shady.

Not really. To get Reiwodlt they still have to pay $900 or more to get him to move (if we accept common wisdom that players need 20-30% more to change clubs). Buddy is not actually going to cost them much more than that given the AFL will pick up a significant part of the tab for Buddy. They won't pick up a cent for Riewoldt. Cameron has as big a profile as him.

stock-photo-puppeteer-authority-general-manager-52011394.jpg
Just a puppet on a string! Can we send one to the AFL? via twitter...hehe

Okay, I have a plan. So we;

Sign Buddy to 1 year deal and then trade to GWS = Demetrious spews because of my good thinking.

We get Dylan Shiel and #1 pick = good trade

Average age decreases significantly = we are younger and premiership window stays open for longer.

More room in salary cap = $700,000 to throw at someone else

Someone else comes in = better team

= boner

= Back to back premiership

= me hugging random girls

= getting accused of rape

= spending time in jail

= me not dropping soap in shower

= all leisure time spent on getting buff in jail

= me getting released early for good behaviour

= me getting pussy for my awesome body

= Profit

Hypothetical I know BUT if he buddy leaves and somehow we manage to conjure pick 1 out of it do people think we would look at Boyd or would we be more incline to on-trade it?

Boyd could slot nicely in our forward line from day 1 and be getting the 3rd or 4th backmen every week while he learns the craft!

Sign Buddy to 1 year deal and then trade to GWS = Demetrious spews because of my good thinking.

Average age decreases significantly = we are younger and premiership window stays open for longer.

= boner

= spending time in jail

= Profit

Calm down there, bucko. This is about Buddy, remember? ;)

= boner

= spending time in jail

= Profit
Pray like hell you DONT drop that soap buff boy!

Not really. To get Reiwodlt they still have to pay $900 or more to get him to move (if we accept common wisdom that players need 20-30% more to change clubs). Buddy is not actually going to cost them much more than that given the AFL will pick up a significant part of the tab for Buddy. They won't pick up a cent for Riewoldt. Cameron has as big a profile as him.
Normally yes another 25% but we could try a Brian Lake where he agrees to come for unders in the hope of finally winning a premiership - also "Nick Reiwoldt" is a life long Hawks fan (i'd rather him than Jack)

Sounds fair by the standards set by Vlad and his crew. Even Sheedy is talking about GWS looking at 3 or 4 top liners, the AFL are only interested in their selfish (raising the stakes and image in Sydney) program to get Buddy to Sydney.

Give Vlad a lie detector test and see how he goes. Having said that, he would probably pass with flying colours, as that's he is.

It's the start of July and GWS have come out so early about shopping Pick No.1
I think this is a deliberate move to get the wheels in motion.
(Not saying we will get pick 1 but I guess talks have begun)
- Pickering/Silvagni interview
- GWS trading pick 1

The only thing holding things up is Mr Franklin himself who apparently doesn't want to talk about it.

One thing for sure is HFC won't sit by & let this drag along, they will want answers & quickly too !

one thing is for sure, the media talking buddy up is good for gws no matter what happens. gws are targeting a few players, not just one. if the general consensus in the media/public is that buddy is moving, it will make other players decisions easier to move to a team with buddy than without him. that is the game gws is playing atm, it's not al about buddy, it's more about other 'unknown' players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been asked before but why can't Buddy simply accept a one year contract at Hawthorn for less than the GWS offer, then agree to be traded to GWS for the $$ he negotiates with them and the picks/players we do a deal for? In that circumstance how does the contract amount he gets paid by GWS get determined?
One would hope Buddy would do the right thing by both parties as far as he's able and/or it's possible under the system.

why can't Buddy simply accept a one year contract at Hawthorn for less than the GWS offer, then agree to be traded to GWS for the $$ he negotiates with them and the picks/players we do a deal for? In that circumstance how does the contract amount he gets paid by GWS get determined?

What's a bet that the proviso for the ambassadorial money is the move must be made this year? See if Budd calls Vlad's bluff

There are some good imaginations on this site, not sure if some of the comments are serious, fanciful as I posted the other day.

I still think he is going but have heard that GWS will not put a formal offer on the table unless they are convinced he is ready to leave Hawthorn, at this point in time they are not convinced.

Why don't the AFL treat ALL the older, experienced players the same money as what they offer Buddy, to get them to GWS? I know it won't happen,but I would HATE to see Roughie leaving,he deserves more, but they will probably offer him heaps more than us,the corrupt AFL will be behind anything THEY WANT!:mad:

The whole GWS-Buddy thing is panning out a little too 'smooth' & 'obvious' for my liking.

I'm thinking a Kurt Tippet situation where there were dealings behind closed doors, and he ended up at Sydney which no one expected.

For this reason, If Buddy does leave Hawks...I don't think it will be to GWS, I believe there are other vultures lurking. Potentially another "Veale Deal" where a 'un-named club' will trade an A Grader to GWS in exchange to get them out of the picture and this 'un-named' club will sign Buddy on a multi-million dollar deal. I'm thinking Freo.

The whole GWS-Buddy thing is panning out a little too 'smooth' & 'obvious' for my liking.

I'm thinking a Kurt Tippet situation where there were dealings behind closed doors, and he ended up at Sydney which no one expected.

For this reason, If Buddy does leave Hawks...I don't think it will be to GWS, I believe there are other vultures lurking. Potentially another "Veale Deal" where a 'un-named club' will trade an A Grader to GWS in exchange to get them out of the picture and this 'un-named' club will sign Buddy on a multi-million dollar deal. I'm thinking Freo.

Ruh Roh...
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/freo-say-no-to-buddy.981242/page-40#post-2898

I'm not sure if anyone saw ABC News Breakfast this morning, but in the sport section ~ 6:30am there was short snippet i caught with RTB saying Freo IS interested but they've been 'out of the loop for a while' (paraphrasing here). Make what you will of that. I'm quietly excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back