Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

they need to abolish the team from head to toe and start again like Brisbane did

Speaking on Tuesday morning ahead of the club's first final in a decade, coach Chris Fagan recalled his very first pre-season session in November 2016.

"There were 37 players there, 25 were in rehab and 12 were doing proper training and I thought "gee, I forgot to ask them that question, how healthy was the list?"

"From that day forward, it was a new medical group and we all started together, that's been addressed and over the course of the last two years we've had a magnificent run with injuries, which I hope continues for the rest of this year and into the future, of course."

****ing hell, it's so simple when you have competent people in charge. Shoddy injury management? Address the problem, clear out the underperformers, bring a new team in. Profit. Sharp contrast to Freo who will do anything to justify why their good mates in the medical department are doing alright.

By the way, that thorough review we did at the end of last year - if it wasn't independent from the club, what is the ****ing point? I can't find any information on it. Who ran it, Bell? Sue bloody Murphy? If we didn't organise to have medical and S&C people with no association with the club looking into it it would've been a complete waste of time (which it obviously was).

Fremantle is borderline running a Trumpian disinformation campaign when it comes to our injuries. I don't believe a single word from Weber, Bell or JLo about individuals and their injuries.

Expect a late out, just hope Valente is the emergency who is in.

Don't think the article says much people hadn't surmised already but I see it as a positive that more people, especially Young who seems to have influence, are bringing our issues to light.
I’m not sure Young has said much recently as those comments were back in August last year.
But what it does show the ‘it’ll be alright, we’ll give it another year’ attitude of this club with everything it does from S&C to player retention is not getting us very far.

I’m not sure Young has said much recently as those comments were back in August last year.
But what it does show the ‘it’ll be alright, we’ll give it another year’ attitude of this club with everything it does from S&C to player retention is not getting us very far.
You're right, I thought he doubled down on his comments in the recent article but it was just quoting him.

Interesting idea.

But why would he want to protect them? Surely he knows he can't get a decent run at coaching unless he has the players fit and available. His job will be on the line eventually.

He probably wants a review and clearout as much as us. He would know how our last 4 years have gone injury wise. And no improvement. Actually it's worse.
He is a smart guy and knows that airing dirty laundry outside the 4 walls sews the seeds of disunity and disunity is death when it is done in public. Inside the club he like others is no doubt seething but it does him and the club no good to be openly critical of any single player, staffer or group within the club. He doesn’t have to and nor should he say anything publicly aside from the party line.

Inside the 4 walls is a very different story.

INJURY LIST
Jesse Hogan (calf) – Test
Stephen Hill (adductor) – Test
James Aish (concussion) – Test
Michael Walters (hamstring) – 1 week
Stefan Giro (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Sam Switkowski (hip) – 6-8 weeks
Griffin Logue (toe) – 6-8 weeks
Sam Sturt (ankle) - TBA
Hayden Young (ankle) – Season
Darcy Tucker (hamstring) – Season
Alex Pearce (ankle) – Season
Joel Hamling (ankle) - Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle - if you are reading this.

Fans do not like the ducks and drakes. We don't like seeing players sneakily converted from TBC to Season without any communication around this. We don't like the how you are clearly aware or I juries yet stagger the way you report them. We don't like TBC's without explanation. Stop treating us like idiots.

FYI Logue, Switts and Sturt will not play another game this season. Guaranteed.

Dis ****ing club.

"LOOK GUYS HOGAN, AISH AND HILL COULD BE BACK"

"Oh, that's cool, its beEN like a month for a calf injury, ones a random concussion and the other really minor strain after always being injured but yeah, that's cool"

"YEAH IT IS GOOD NEWS, HOW GOOD ARE WE"

"Wait, what the **** happened to St..."

"AISH HOGAN AND HILL, HOW GOOD"

"Youn..."

"YEAH CANT WAIT TO SEE THESE GUYS AGAIN"

"And its ANOTHER 6 weeks for Swi"

"HAHAHA, WATCH OUT HAWKS WE GOT HILL, HOGAN AND AISH BACK...

maybe"

INJURY LIST
Jesse Hogan (calf) – Test
Stephen Hill (adductor) – Test
James Aish (concussion) – Test
Michael Walters (hamstring) – 1 week
Stefan Giro (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Sam Switkowski (hip) – 6-8 weeks
Griffin Logue (toe) – 6-8 weeks
Sam Sturt (ankle) - TBA
Hayden Young (ankle) – Season
Darcy Tucker (hamstring) – Season
Alex Pearce (ankle) – Season
Joel Hamling (ankle) - Season
so only 10 of our best 22 sitting on the Weber. Nice. But "Collingwood was injury depleted"... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back