Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage, Hill, Pearce (LTI List) and Bewley (LTI List) - gives us 2-3 spots at midseason

No it doesn’t. We currently have ZERO.

Creating a spot is done by a retirement and/or season ending injury. Nothing suggests any of these guys has season ending injuries at this stage other than baseless negativity.

No it doesn’t. We currently have ZERO.

Creating a spot is done by a retirement and/or season ending injury. Nothing suggests any of these guys has season ending injuries at this stage other than baseless negativity.

Correct.
Which is why I said it may be worthripping the bandaid off to create some spots

If Henry has done a calf, there has to be an explanation from the club (there wont be). You cant have that many soft tissue injuries of one type in the space of a couple of months, not to mention the hamstrings as well. Its simple unacceptable and the supporters need to be given a reason for it. If that's because of a change in program, then fine, but I want to be given an explanation and not be treated like an idiot like Bell likes to do
Is it even customary for the person in Bell’s position to give the injury updates? I can’t stand it. He talks for 5 minutes and says absolutely nothing.

Is it even customary for the person in Bell’s position to give the injury updates? I can’t stand it. He talks for 5 minutes and says absolutely nothing.
He doesnt address half the players, including ones we want to hear about (ie Logue), and the ones he does give an update are more than often generic shit that like you said, means nothing

He doesnt address half the players, including ones we want to hear about (ie Logue), and the ones he does give an update are more than often generic sh*t that like you said, means nothing
Yeah Logue has been really cloak and dagger. I can’t think of one player in recent memory who has had a simple transparent progression from an X week injury back to playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.
Which is why I said it may be worthripping the bandaid off to create some spots

Alex Pearce is currently listed as 6-8 weeks...

There is no reason to be suggesting the club should rule him out for the season at this stage.

Don’t know about the other two but nothing suggests they have season ending injuries at this stage. The club has until days before the MSD to make that decision.

We’ll probably have someone get an actual season ending injury before the MSD - almost every club will.

I remember reading a lot about the younger boys training hard over the post season. Do you think it could be possible they’ve gone over their own load limits trying to get an edge with the competition for spots?
No that was our mids I think

I cant understand why Fremantle get the talls or any of the players really running lap after lap. Heavy bodies putting that type of stress on feet and lower legs always seemed to me to be a disaster waiting to happen. Surely technology has found away to put miles into legs another way than pounding out lap after lap.
100%. I remember seeing a suggestion that the guys train by tying a 10kg weight to each leg and tread water in the deep end of the pool - we could even send them down the water slides with the weights on.

Haha of all the problems this footy club has, finding a player to place on the LTI by round 10, so we can free up a MSD spot, is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be one of them.

Agree somewhat. Highly doubt the club would bother considering making a spot until the week before the MSD.

I only see the point if the club thinks said player is part of our long term plans or at the very least proposes to give them 2-3 years on the list to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back