Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The is a c in Schrödinger

Anyway 4 weeks for Cerra. On a Freo scale injury scale of 1 to "It's not ideal" where are we coming in here?
Pretty damming cause we have the dirty birds, Brisbane, Essedon and Sydney. We won't win the derby but Brisbane and Sydney will be very tough games.

Pretty damming cause we have the dirty birds, Brisbane, Essedon and Sydney. We won't win the derby but Brisbane and Sydney will be very tough games.
We can absolutely beat the Eagles. Most vulnerable they've been in ages.

Full injury list:

Brett Bewley (groin) – Test
Joel Hamling (ankle) – 2 weeks
Alex Pearce (knee) – 3 weeks
Adam Cerra (ankle) – 3-4 weeks
Sam Switkowski (finger) – 5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) – 8-10 weeks
Stephen Hill (hamstring) - TBA

Other than Hill only one soft tissue injury now that Bewley is back into it.
looking good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 weeks left for Hill to show something... anything..?!

Retirement is pending.... mid season draft is well and truly coming up fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the club will force Hill into it. If he approaches the club though I can see them saying yes to him retiring.

It’d be very sad to see Hill retire without playing for us at least one more time. One of my favourite Freo players when up and running. Ultimately though I’m all for what’s best for the list.

Question is...When Hamling and Pearce are fit do they both automatically walk back into the side? I can see room for one but not both.

The incumbent will be very hard to drop no matter who it happens to be at the time.

Ridiculous depth if they’re all available. Probably better for 190+cm key defenders than any club in the competition.

Question is...When Hamling and Pearce are fit do they both automatically walk back into the side? I can see room for one but not both.

Both back via the WAFL to get to the required fitness first, and then not automatic inclusions but on the current set up Hamling would replace Chapman and Pearce would replace Hughes. But we’ll no doubt have injuries before then so...

Hamling In
Pearce I think he’s finished sorry
Pearce has another year and Hamling another two years after this on their contracts. They’re going to be picked if they are available, which is the main issue. Pearce at his height and speed is a real point of difference for us, and Hamling is reliable and has the ability to play on a diverse range of players.

The club needs to find some alternative uses for some of our KPDs, but neither of those two appeal to me. Cox, Logue and Chapman on the other hand could work in other positions.

Pearce has another year and Hamling another two years after this on their contracts. They’re going to be picked if they are available, which is the main issue. Pearce at his height and speed is a real point of difference for us, and Hamling is reliable and has the ability to play on a diverse range of players.

The club needs to find some alternative uses for some of our KPDs, but neither of those two appeal to me. Cox, Logue and Chapman on the other hand could work in other positions.

If we gave Bennell an extra year after two games and multiple off field incidents, I really cannot see us not offering Alex Pearce another contract.

If he returns in three weeks and plays most of the rest of the season I reckon the extension will be longer than one year and could come before Christmas.

Hamling is 30 in 2023 so age would also come into it, especially if he isn’t playing games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back