Full injury list:

Brett Bewley (groin) – Test
Joel Hamling (ankle) – 2 weeks
Alex Pearce (knee) – 3 weeks
Adam Cerra (ankle) – 3-4 weeks
Sam Switkowski (finger) – 5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) – 8-10 weeks
Stephen Hill (hamstring) - TBA
If Hamling was available for the Derby would you put him straight in on Kennedy?
Or do we stick with the Current crew and not risk it ?

Syndesmosis injury appears to be caused by the ankle being pinned between the ground and a hard section of another players anatomy. EG the knee.
Maybe more prevalent due to technique of rolling a player when tackling from behind and hence causing rotation of the leg while the foot is pinned.
Only guessing.

Full injury list:

Brett Bewley (groin) – Test
Joel Hamling (ankle) – 2 weeks
Alex Pearce (knee) – 3 weeks
Adam Cerra (ankle) – 3-4 weeks
Sam Switkowski (finger) – 5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) – 8-10 weeks
Stephen Hill (hamstring) - TBA

Not that I expect Hill to ever play for us again, but how is his hammy still TBA.

Not that I expect Hill to ever play for us again, but how is his hammy still TBA.

Because nobody knows if or when he will play again and only an idiot would try and put a time on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re figuring out if he can play footy with a prosthetic leg after they amputated the old one

The way it looks from very outside is that he has progressed to running quite freely on a number of occasions but whenever they try the next step he has a set back. Last year he finally got to the stage that he could play and that is still a possibility this year - lucky we are no longer desperate for players in his position.

I think Pearce comes back in as the KDP - only guy we have with the size and speed to sit on someone like Charlie Dixon (don't see Cox being strong enough and Logue is too small), so he comes straight in for me, with Logue taking Hughes' spot. Hamling's best fit is arguably replacing either Chapman or Conca. I love what Conca has been bringing, but think getting games into Chappy is the right move, although he could arguably replace Acres on the wing. Either way, champagne problems.

Play on words!
But the Pearce love on here is a bit of a joke. Never played a full season of AFL ever, and is made of paper mache

Still played at a very high level - injury free would be a top 5 KPD. We've hung on to far less potential for far longer before, with the bonus that he seems like he's a genuine clubman and well liked by the squad and fans alike. Can't over estimate how important it is to treat guys like that well for both squad morale and player retention. I accept he may well never hold up, and that that may be the most probable outcome, but still worth a punt for me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back