Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm repeating this only louder. brilliant piece of analysis.

MY ####ING ARSE IT WOULD
All good in theory but he's not doing much defending if he's in BLOODY Rehab all the time !

Really, Really hope he comes good but surely if he hasn't played half the games by end of season the axe starts getting sharpened ?

I'm repeating this only louder. brilliant piece of analysis.

MY ####ING ARSE IT WOULD

Probably over the top but it’s bloody frustrating people suggesting he’s not worth having on the list. What a bloody joke. Without the injuries he’s a top five player at the club and next captain of the club. We have 42-44 players on our list for a reason.

The conversations about shorter/less value contracts are worthy discussions. Probably just common sense actually.

It’s alright, I’m sure some fourth round draft pick is likely get us closer to a premiership than Alex Pearce would anyway.

My ****ing arse it would.

Take the forth round or later picks out of our current team

How f***ing close to a premiership are we now

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Take the forth round or later picks out of our current team

How f***ing close to a premiership are we now

What positions do these guys play though? Are any of them a top line key defenders like Alex Pearce is.

Of our key position talls only Taberner and Treacy were drafted after the second round... One took six years to be any good and who knows with Treacy - he could’ve gone anywhere in the draft if Covid hadn’t stuffed everything up. I would’ve included Meek but solid rucks are often drafted with later picks.

What positions do these guys play though? Are any of them a top line key defenders like Alex Pearce is.

Of our key position talls only Taberner and Treacy were drafted after the second round... One took six years to be any good and who knows with Treacy - he could’ve gone anywhere in the draft if Covid hadn’t stuffed everything up. I would’ve included Meek but solid rucks are often drafted with later picks.

Hamling

Anyway I said we should keep him but we can’t pay him like Alex Pearce the top line KPD

Can’t see why Pearce can’t play the decoy forward role that Treacy is being lauded for. Bit rough how critical everyone was of Pearce as a forward in round 1. At least he was a target and got a few kicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see why Pearce can’t play the decoy forward role that Treacy is being lauded for. Bit rough how critical everyone was of Pearce as a forward in round 1. At least he was a target and got a few kicks.

That was the problem he was the focal point and he is terrible kick for goal/field kick so they were basically ineffective entries.

Either way can’t hurt to have Pearce have a decent run via WAFL. He can play forward and back with Peel and get his confidence back.

Hamling may also play some mins with Peel but for mine will be more quickly moved through to the senior side.

I think we will see Pearce go forward again. Mark a lot, miss shots. It would be ideal if it were against the Bulldogs so that the exact game from Naughton could be directly compared against Pearce as I suspect they will both look like 2.4
I hope not.....

Alex Pearce is a full back. If he returns, play him at full back and Logue at Centre half back and Cox at Centre half forward.

that would be interesting.

Would be good for him to add to his one goal in his career vs North at home in 2017, Admittedly a beautiful set shot goal
For some reason I can see him being the second coming of Goodes once he gets a run at it.

General Q re injuries across the AFL this year for the statisticians among us: are injuries, like extreme weather events, increasing in frequency and severity?

The injury lists read like despatches from the Front.

Ours is a peerless game but are the contacts just getting too injurious? Hope my perception is wrong.

General Q re injuries across the AFL this year for the statisticians among us: are injuries, like extreme weather events, increasing in frequency and severity?

The injury lists read like despatches from the Front.

Ours is a peerless game but are the contacts just getting too injurious? Hope my perception is wrong.
Very good question and I'm interested to hear the responses , does seem like a lot of injuries and the pace of the game definitely looks like a contributor.

Maybe through duty of care and risk mitigation they are rehabbing and resting players more often?

Either that or players are getting softer .

Softer? Do you think the physical expectations on players have reduced? Not just in running loads but in body contact?

The AFL is currently working under the premise that more fatigue leads to better football. I'd argue that with holding the man on the mark they would get more burst play and better football from increasing rotations so they don't need marathon runners to play out four quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back