Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the west Alex Pearce was getting scans on a suspected wrist injury after landing awkwardly late in the peel game on Saturday.

Its getting ridiculous now

but why the hell does it matter if you have 22 players or 21 and a medical sub or 30?
It's simple - Money.

If a player is on the bench, they are classified as playing a game. The medical sub gets an official game in their stats and gets the match payment even if they don't get on the field.

With the COVID reductions in revenue no club would sign up for that.

With 4 extra players earning between $5k - $10k per game - that's ~$30k per game (about ~$650k per season) - plus flights / hotels etc.

“Fyfe carrying a foot injury.” It had crossed my mind, makes sense. Foot injected with local could play havoc with your kicking.
I remember watching footage (🙂) of Mick McGuane running with ball in hand, under no pressure, and then missing the ball entirely when attempting to kick it. Very amusing but was due to local anaesthetic injection into foot or ankle.

That Mick McGaune miss kick was bloody funny 😂 (and kind of scary at the same time) Looked like his leg had been grafted on from a corpse.

I think I'd rather play Leno Thomas in Wilson's place than Conca - just to see what he's got at the top level. His ball use alone would be immediately noticeable.
Leno didn't play at all last week. The last time I saw him he played reserves for Peel and was really ordinary. I think he has some personal stuff happening :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked at our injury list pre game last week and was beginning to feel good about things, but that was smashed on the weekend.I have a feeling that we may have to add Fyfe to the season ending list of players.With his shoulder and also the problem he has been having with his foot it may be time to give him a break to allow his body to repair itself.
We have Chapman, Sturt, Hughes, Hamling, Fredericks(I think he is done for the season), and Young( who knows at Fremantle with a hammy), all done for 21.
On the bright side, if there is one, we have Hill one week away from a Peel appearance,Banfield also a week away from the Teal.Switta maybe two weeks away as well.
Bewley made a reappearance witht he Teal on the weekend and went well from all accounts.
With the casualty ward from Sunday, Fyfe, Logues, Crowden,Cox and Darcy and add Wilson ,we will be scraping the bottom to make up a team this week.
Might see a few debuts come up.

Last edited:
I looked at our injury list pre game last week and was beginning to feel god about things, but that was smashed on the weekend.I have a feeling that we may have to add Fyfe to the season ending list of players.With his shoulder and also the problem he has been having with his foot it may be time to give him a break to allow his body to repair itself.
We have Chapman, Sturt, Hughes, Hamling, Fredericks(I think he is done for the season), and Young( who knows at Fremantle with a hammy), all done for 21.
On the bright side, if there is one, we have Hill one week away from a Peel appearance,Banfield also a week away from the Teal.Switta maybe two weeks away as well.
Bewley made a reappearance witht he Teal on the weekend and went well from all accounts.
With the casualty ward from Sunday, Fyfe, Logues, Crowden,Cox and Darcy and add Wilson ,we will be scraping the bottom to make up a team this week.
Might see a few debuts come up.
Young will be back in a couple of weeks.
But yeah it’s still shit.

Sean Darcy (hamstring) – Test
Matt Taberner (ankle) – Test
Sam Switkowski (hamstring) - Test
Bailey Banfield (ankle) – Test
Griffin Logue (concussion) – 1 week
Hayden Young (hamstring) – 2-4 weeks
Michael Frederick (ankle) – 7-9 weeks
Nat Fyfe (shoulder) – TBA
Ethan Hughes (shoulder) – TBA
Brennan Cox (hamstring) – TBA
Stephen Hill (hamstring) – TBA
Joel Hamling (ankle) - TBA
Heath Chapman (shoulder) – Season
Sam Sturt (knee) - Season

Got kind of gloomy around here, but it's not that bad... We've only lost Cox at this stage.

We'll struggle to be competitive unless Banfield comes back to the seniors this week VS Gold Coast, but post bye we should be fine with Young, Logue, and hopefully Fyfe back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back