-=Fremantle vs Geelong=- 2nd Semi Final Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Half time assessment:

It's hard enough in the regular season to carry injured players ithout trying to do it in finals. I love the Big Fella but tonight Kep would have been the better option.

Des is a squib. Crichton/Palmer better option.

I'm hoping for an honourable loss now. Feeling a bit Launceston like.

Is it me or does there appear to be obvious bias toward Geelong with nearly all decisions so far ? Vlad obviously wants an all Victorian affair come GF day.

How many West Aussie umps in this game ?

Headland looked slow and like he was going to do an injury RIGHT before he went head first into a player sliding towards him. What a joke, it's like he tries to target injuries so he has an excuse. No midfield run why wasn't Palmer rested on Sunday and put in. Joke decision.

Have never been a Headland fan but at least we've got options coming through the ranks now. Despite the result, it's been a great season for the club that's finally on the right track.

What makes me laugh, I've got some Eagles supporters wanting to still have a crack. You'd think they'd forgotten the minor round.

We may be 40 points down but it really should be a lot closer . Clearly if Freo has any psychologists employed they have done a dire effort in preparing the team for this game .
Our decision making in general has been very poor . Its obvious that the pressure has got to quite a few . Geelong had nerves as well at the start and really as with Freo teams of the past , their huge quarter time lead was more about our mistakes than their great play.
Still hope but we need to come our and kick the first 3 or 4

I can't be the only one seriously annoyed with the 'commentary' of Tom Harley. It's not just his bias, but the fact that he has clearly not seen any of Fremantle this season (or ever). He's making Cometti and McAveney sound intelligent.

The match itself has gone pretty much as I expected unfortunately. Roberton and Walters have been very good so far, which is definitely a positive. We're essentially missing our best player though, because Sandilands wouldn't even be 50%.

Maybe Headland will come out in the second half and 'deal with' the seagull and the overrated diver. At least take out Milburn for me....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great coach we have. Only an inspired, unique coach would wait until we are 7 goals down to change back to the structure we have played and won with all year.

Since when have we played a loose man in defence?
Only time I seem to remember was in Tassie and we all know what happened there. :confused:

Simply put, I'm furious - largely due to Mark Harvey. Oh and why the **** is Headland playing? :mad:

This game was over in a few minutes :eek::eek::eek: what happened to it not mattering which ground you played on. It has not only been the coaching staff to stuff up i reckon it was and all round top effort in preparing for a demolishing.

this may yet be quite prophetic for the St Kilda 2010 campaign - as for commenting on fremantle - bugger off

We've settled now, broke even that quarter. Terrible decision to play Headland, Haze would have offered much more. They have a couple of injuries, if we can get our forward 50 entries better organised and get Mora Hill taking the game on we can make up some ground. Roberton has been excellent.

poor freo :(

best of luck next season :)

in the next 10 minutes of footy if they dont outscore geelong its goodnight thanks for coming. If only they where getting the umpiring geelong got on the anzac day game they could have stood half a chance.

Blaming Headland will only make the situation worse if hes fit and well for a final next year he should be played over almost anyone else for hs experience. Maybe only naming him as a late inlcusion didnt help.

Des Headland should not be playing. cant run,cant chase, cant get the ball... is not an offensive threat at the same time as being unable to apply a shread of defensive pressure. Surely there are quality, fit, young players in the squad who could be giving atleast something. It's like Freo are 1 player short before the game even started. For everything the club has done so well this year... this selection decision amounts to almost deliberate self sabotage. How else could you rationalise that decision... Unbelievable.

Can someone tell me the last time Des Headland played a standout game at AFL level???
Shit... I'm going back a long long way. How the F*** did he score a spot in this side tonight with a fully fit rising star on the sideline.

It seriously would have made a up to 2 goals difference to this point if the guy could even run. Unbelievable.

The hawks brought underdone players into their game and got rolled by us. We did the same. Headland was dodgy, Sandilands was dodgy. And no heart Headland did what he always does, fold under pressure and reinjure himself.

in the next 10 minutes of footy if they dont outscore geelong its goodnight thanks for coming. If only they where getting the umpiring geelong got on the anzac day game they could have stood half a chance.

Blaming Headland will only make the situation worse if hes fit and well for a final next year he should be played over almost anyone else for hs experience. Maybe only naming him as a late inlcusion didnt help.

Hey Shit Head.... Take the hint and piss off!

Geelong kick less accurately, all of a sudden we win the QTR.

They're not playing well, and they're certainly no better than us. The first QTR, they finished off all their work, good for them.

A half left to go, and it looks like we're settled. Have our matchups sorted, and the game wierdly looks to have relaxed a bit. It's so hard to explain, but despite Geelongs score, I don't feel llike they're dominating us. Our biggest problem that I can see so far, is we've put off our game. AFAIC, we are behind in this game because of ourselves, not Geelong. That tells me we are capable of making a come back, depending on our gameplan/disposal

Flood the square/centre line, choke their handball flow, tightens it up where their play makers hurt us, also gives the opportunity for our damaging mids/HB to cut them when moving forward.

They're so destructive at HF. Their KPF's aren't much shop, so I really think we need to tighten up at D50 with a few extra men, which will give us a hell of alot more run, which is what we need to cut them.

Pav as the old school centre, Mayne, Mora, Sandi(CH) to HF, with Walters floating about. Dessie was a ****en terrible pick, but could redeem himself as a lone FF(can only move in a straight line D:).

Robbo playing well.

It's not over fellas, we're still in this

<3 u Freo :D

Remove this Banner Ad

-=Fremantle vs Geelong=- 2nd Semi Final Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back