Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to the Dockside trophy or whatever it was called that Port and Freo played for early after we entered the AFL? If I recall correctly it was going to be like the Ashes urn and be held by whoever had last won.
Do you mean 'like the ashes urn', in that it is held by whoever was given it first, and never exchained ever?

I
Whatever happened to the Dockside trophy or whatever it was called that Port and Freo played for early after we entered the AFL? If I recall correctly it was going to be like the Ashes urn and be held by whoever had last won.
It was the fat rats clacker cup wasn't it

Do you mean 'like the ashes urn', in that it is held by whoever was given it first, and never exchained ever?
Fair point, the Ashes urn was a bad example. I'm sure it was a perpetual trophy the last winner held at their clubrooms. But it just disappeared.

It was the fat rats clacker cup wasn't it
There's a few contenders around.

Well a real poor performance against a poor side should see them bounce back and have a big win this week. Freo that is.

I just had one of those boiled frogs moments.

• Remember when Cahill coached and we respected him like a god
  • Remember when we were the magpies and wore black and white
  • Remember when it didn't matter who put on the jumper, they would win because they were Port Adelaide
  • Remember when we didn't take shit from anyone

That was the club I respected.

• Remember when it didn't matter who put on the jumper, they would win because they were Port Adelaide
  • Remember when we didn't take s**t from anyone

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif

• Remember when we didn't take s**t from anyone

That was the club I respected.
That was the Port Adelaide I was brought up with from the 60s onwards.
One common denominator was we had throughout that period was good management.
It really starts at the top and if that’s no good you get poor decisions filtering down from coach to playing group.
I’ve said it many times but I can’t see a marked improvement until we have some real top line management at Port.
Failure was never excepted at Port, you win the premiership or your out the door even a club great like Russell was given the push.
Look at what we have running the club now.
You can’t seriously expect much with these drongo’s at the helm.
It’s another fingers crossed and hope for the best season.
Groundhog Day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're staying over.

No doubt it's being treated as a holiday rather than a serious football trip to prepare for the imminent season (see Jonas' comments at the season launch about training loads coming off and looking forward to going on Georgiades' yacht).

I’m actually clinging to the hope that our training loads have been very high and need to taper off so we can hit the ground running round 1.

Surprisingly Bassett took positives out of that shit show performance on Friday night. Maybe we’re keeping our cards close to our chest and this seemingly mythical fast football they’ve talked about all pre season will be unleashed round 1.

Maybe we are saving our gas so we can actually run out 4 quarters in round 1 and not have to resort to blaming injuries and the humidity for another last quarter fade-out against the lions.

And If I had the week off and a mate asked me to hang out with him on his yacht I’m not saying no.

Refresh and recharge.

Hopefully it’s all part of the master plan.

Hope is all we can do these days it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have heard all summer about the high training intensity.

Energy has been well down in the internal trial and and the Weagles match.

A third listless outing would be an unhappy portent for the regular season.
They've been talking this way for years, but last year it was so obvious in preseason we were unfit and had not been training at the required intensity.

That internal 2 weeks ago was the slackest internal I've seen, and I've gone to all of them. This was backed up by the lack of intensity this week, but even worse we were clearly out worked and again looked unfit.

There's 100% questions to be asked about what is happening with our training standards.

They've been talking this way for years, but last year it was so obvious in preseason we were unfit and had not been training at the required intensity.

That internal 2 weeks ago was the slackest internal I've seen, and I've gone to all of them. This was backed up by the lack of intensity this week, but even worse we were clearly out worked and again looked unfit.

There's 100% questions to be asked about what is happening with our training standards.
100% agree. Each outing has mirrored the previous, be it training, internal trial or hit out v WCE. It's not an anomaly.

I’m actually clinging to the hope that our training loads have been very high and need to taper off so we can hit the ground running round 1.

Surprisingly Bassett took positives out of that s**t show performance on Friday night. Maybe we’re keeping our cards close to our chest and this seemingly mythical fast football they’ve talked about all pre season will be unleashed round 1.

Maybe we are saving our gas so we can actually run out 4 quarters in round 1 and not have to resort to blaming injuries and the humidity for another last quarter fade-out against the lions.

And If I had the week off and a mate asked me to hang out with him on his yacht I’m not saying no.

Refresh and recharge.

Hopefully it’s all part of the master plan.

Hope is all we can do these days it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's not a week off. They are two weeks from the season opening.

Holy shit when I joked in the WC trial thread about heavy training loads I didn't actually believe anyone though it.

If we need 2 weeks of slacking to be able to run out round 1 we are proper ****ed for the rest of the season.

I just realised that I'll be in Perth this week. I mean, I knew I was going to be in Perth but I just realised that this game is on Thursday. I could go but I am not sure I can be bothered, especially given the temperatures. The hotel has a nice swimming pool and I assume they have foxtel... mmm, tuff choice.

What's the deal with tickets, etc?

we would want to see a big improvement on last week in just about every area.

play our round 1 side and go flat out for the entire match, given a couple of weeks before round 1

don't want any excuses and no bullshit or turd polishing from our coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back