Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Jackson out for freo

Darcy has given port some absolutely pantsing the last couple years. Very good test for Lycett to try and neutralise the contest but i suspect he will be rag dolled.

This looks like the remains of a medieval torture device where the legs are bound with ropes and forced apart while a football is forcefully inserted in the rectal cavity.

Still sounds preferable to watching another season of Hinkleyball

I can think of a positive about the team that's developing. We seem to be more competitive all around the ground. Recently, there were too many passengers when wet came up against teams like Brisbane. Players like Farrell, Bergman, Lachie Jones, Duursma, and SPP add more grunt.

The disappointing part to the Wet Toast game was the inability to being the ball to ground by our forwards. Highlights why Dixon was missed. Didn't get to see the best of our small forwards crumbling and holding the ball in.

I can think of a positive about the team that's developing. We seem to be more competitive all around the ground. Recently, there were too many passengers when wet came up against teams like Brisbane. Players like Farrell, Bergman, Lachie Jones, Duursma, and SPP add more grunt.

Well... yes but the issue is and always has been, can we knit them together into a predictable repeatable gameplan. Look at Geelong

they roll their wingman back creating a loose man in defence. Their mids, much like the Bulldogs, work to a consistent plan year in year out.

Our mantra this year is faster ball movement/ more exciting footy. Heard similar in umpteen pre-seasons from us.

The reality is we're a stoppage team slow out of defence with trademark dinky kicks then high press to create a crowded mangled fwd set-up.

You could give me the highest quality paints and brushes on the finest stretched canvass and my painting would look rubbish.

We put the frighteners on Bris last yr in Rd1 thru' manic high octane unsustainable footy. When AA went down so did we.

I expect us to try the same this year and if we pull it off it'll be on the back of being Rd1 when we'll be at our freshest.

The more likely result we'll lose to a better organised team under a better coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever happened to the Dockside trophy or whatever it was called that Port and Freo played for early after we entered the AFL? If I recall correctly it was going to be like the Ashes urn and be held by whoever had last won.

At least they didn't call it the Anchor Cup.

Darcy has given port some absolutely pantsing the last couple years. Very good test for Lycett to try and neutralise the contest but i suspect he will be rag dolled.
seems the best match up for lycett both similar type ruckman, except Darcy better at it.. both bang and crash type ruckman if he can’t compete with Darcy the I can’t see who he can compete with Long term.

The disappointing part to the Wet Toast game was the inability to being the ball to ground by our forwards. Highlights why Dixon was missed. Didn't get to see the best of our small forwards crumbling and holding the ball in.
When under KenNath have we ever been able to hold the ball in. Bomb ball in. Watch ball go straight back out with Jed and co chasing like blue arse flies

When under KenNath have we ever been able to hold the ball in. Bomb ball in. Watch ball go straight back out with Jed and co chasing like blue arse flies

That's not true. Much as I can't really stand Kenneth these days, there were a few years there were we were amazing at holding the ball in and around the 50.
Bag Ken all you like as far as I'm concerned, but let's not tell porkies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back