News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

The article states we have lodged the paperwork for Pearce to join us.

That sounds like it is the formalizing of the deal and obviously means Pearce has agreed.
If that is the case , the club can sure keep important deals confidential .

I think Lyon said earlier on the club had a surprise or two in store.

Haven't quite got my head around RFA yet, but my understanding is a player can only nominate 1 offer and then their current club gets a chance to match it.

If this is his 1 offer then the earliness of this offer makes it look like he's been our target for awhile.

Great mover, huge tank, suffers badly with a tag, which he won't be a chance of getting with us. I like it. Gives us pace and line breaking, a nice compliment to our heavy, contested ball winning, sometimes 1 paced midfield.

It would be good if one of those journo's could contact Pearce or his manager to find out if he is open to a move interstate.

Anyone here know how much we might be offering Pearce? I know it's only speculation but a rough sum anyone? Keeping in mind it's probably a 2yr -3yr deal...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here know how much we might be offering Pearce? I know it's only speculation but a rough sum anyone? Keeping in mind it's probably a 2yr -3yr deal...

I imagine it'll be higher than a lot of people will be comfortable with. He's a restricted free agent, meaning he is already top 25% of Port (and they still have to pay 92% of the cap) and we don't want Port to match the offer. I wouldn't be surprised at $350K+

Freo is one smooth operator. This came out of no where. Loving the Professionalism of Freo these days.

It'll probably be 4 years and around 1.8 - 2 mill. Players don't move for peanuts, and at 350k per annum, Port would be falling over themselves to sign him up. Remember average wage including rookies is around the 250k mark. He'd be in the top 10 players at Port.

It'll probably be 4 years and around 1.8 - 2 mill. Players don't move for peanuts, and at 350k per annum, Port would be falling over themselves to sign him up. Remember average wage including rookies is around the 250k mark. He'd be in the top 10 players at Port.

Don't think so Gauc, he's not likely to command that and I doubt we'd offer it. He's a nice compliment to us but he's not that far above what we have already to tie up that cash. He's not that highly regarded at Port either. He was droppped more than once this year from memory. I think he's a front running type which might not suit them at the moment.

If I were guessing, I'd say around 2-3 at $400-450k each year. We'll see I guess.

He is the first person opposition teams tag at port. He will run riot at Freo with Hill, Fyfe and Mundy getting all the tags. Ross The Boss will sort out he's softness. Good get if we can get him.

Don't think so Gauc, he's not likely to command that and I doubt we'd offer it. He's a nice compliment to us but he's not that far above what we have already to tie up that cash. He's not that highly regarded at Port either. He was droppped more than once this year from memory. I think he's a front running type which might not suit them at the moment.

If I were guessing, I'd say around 2-3 at $400-450k each year. We'll see I guess.

He's already proven to be in the top 25% of players paid at the club because he's a restricted free agent. I think people forget how big the salary cap is, A$8,780,000 with a salary floor of A$8,121,500 for 2011. Probably more now. It's big, clubs have to spend over 8 mill a year on their players minimum.

Most club have 10 or so players on minimum payment which is 75k-100k depending on how many games they play.

Leaving 7.5 mill to be spread amongst 30 players. That's 250k a pop averaged over the top 30, if Pearce is paid in the top 10, he'll definitely be getting around 500k, no problem what so ever.

He's already proven to be in the top 25% of players paid at the club because he's a restricted free agent. I think people forget how big the salary cap is, A$8,780,000 with a salary floor of A$8,121,500 for 2011. Probably more now. It's big, clubs have to spend over 8 mill a year on their players minimum.

True but that was a deal signed a while ago now based on better performances than those of recent times. Also before Boak, Trengrove, Butcher and I'm sure a few others got paid too.

I'll bet you a Monte Carlo he gets closer to $450k than $800k.

Leaving 7.5 mill to be spread amongst 30 players. That's 250k a pop averaged over the top 30, if Pearce is paid in the top 10, he'll definitely be getting around 500k, no problem what so ever.
I guess it really depends on what they have offered him this time around though. If he's been asked to take a pay cut, then maybe we are simply offering less of a pay cut.

Am I correct in thinking we can load the first year of, say, a three year contract, seeing we have the majority of our stars signed through to 2014, in order to take the offer out of reach of PAFC, then bring Danyle in line with what his actual market value is for 2014 onward?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back