News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a disappointing assessment from Plough.

He forgot about Moller as a young developing ruck behind Sandi, Griff, Zac
As you said, D Pearce as an outside mid
Faulks as a KPD depth along with Silvagni
Spurr being upgraded from rookie list for the McPhee role.

Just to name a few
Typical East Coast assessment of Freo, cover us because they have too, but do no research and no depth of coverage.

Write up of Hrovat by Chris and Knightmare

Nathan Hrovat (174cm midfielder - Northern Knights)

If there is one player that I'm struggling with the most, it would be Hrovat. The ball magnet from Vic Metro, I initially had Hrovat as a mid round option and while I should probably have him higher after his performances this year, I just can’t do it. Hrovat does win a lot of ball, and can do it himself or link up on the outside. But sometimes it seems as though his touches aren't as damaging as others – which I think will be key when it comes to his draft position. But having said that in the Championships, he was Metro's key clearance player and he delivered inside 50 well too. And he has since continued on with that solid form. So really, I can't criticise his performances this year at all. Some people have him as a first round pick, and purely on what he has produced this year that seems warranted. It's just the hurt factor that I would mark him down on, but I'm always rating flashy players ahead of the hard workers. And while he is on the short side that shouldn't count against him considering the recent trend of shorter players getting an opportunity, he also has a relatively strong body. AFL Comparison: Tom Liberatore.

Nathan Hrovat (VIC – Mid)
Height: 174cm, Weight: 76kg, DOB: 07/06/1994
Recruited from: Northern Knights
Style: Sam Mitchell
Player comparison: Jarryd Blair
Range: 20-rookie
Profile: This guy just does everything so well and of everyone in this year’s draft would have to have the most complete and AFL ready game. Strongly built small who attacks the ball hard and more often than not wins it. Very high production midfielder. Inside work is a highlight of his game, Hrovat is not just a ball winner but a great inside extractor and by hand always finds the right target. Tackling ability excellent. Always composed with ball in hand. Linkup play good and while he will always be an inside player he can also get outside ball in addition to the inside ball. Good finisher around goal. Has good penetration on his kick over 55m. By foot is very good and finds his targets in a variety of situations. Marking ability good and is a marking presence around the ground or up forward. Is willing to back into packs and is more than willing to get crunched. It’s a rare day Hrovat isn’t in the best 1-2 on the ground in any game at any level regardless of who is playing alongside or against him. The drawback other than size with Hrovat is that his athleticism is only average and these are the only areas of his game where he doesn’t compare favourably to the highest rated midfielders this year. I don’t personally see his pace as an issue, he isn’t slow and agility is above average and his endurance would have to be among the top 15% this year so what I see is an immediate midfielder who can play, and play immediately to a high level.

Yeah, he almost sounded intelligent:eek:
It infuriated me that much with the lack of mention of D.Pearce, Moller, Faulks etc. I just had to call in.

Took me ages to find the number on the net, had to go onto facebook to find the contact number for trade radio. They obviously don't want too many 'intelligent' people calling in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It infuriated me that much with the lack of mention of D.Pearce, Moller, Faulks etc. I just had to call in.

Took me ages to find the number on the net, had to go onto facebook to find the contact number for trade radio. They obviously don't want too many 'intelligent' people calling in...

'almost intelligent' but let's not quibble:)

- The club has it's equal second best H&A season to date
- Clancee plays every game and gets a top 10 B&F finish
- He's a plodder and will only be depth this season.....

Geez I'm glad some of you idiots aren't running the club.

And let's not forget how well he did in the Brownlow, polling in 5 of his 22 games getting 4x 2 votes and 1x 1vote. Only Pav, Fyfe and Mundy did better...Barlow only got one vote, Even Mzungu did better than Barlow!

I'm sick to death of hearing the Clancee bashing. You guys know stuff all about Footy and are really pissing me off.

It's no different really to a lot of the bashing that goes on over the season - just lots more kids around the forums during the holidays, and a few adults acting like kids ;)

So you want to trade someone playing good now because we may have better players than him in the future?

fc8c2dd9c5.png

No. I'd trade him because I don't rate him and he is at his most valuable

Bit of a worry when guys that aren't rated perform better, more consistently over a whole season than most of our team.

Pearce had a good year, no doubt, but if the right deal came up, why wouldn't you trade him, same as broughton... Of course it has to be the right price though. As I've said in previous posts, his value for us is more than what we would get for him so he is obviously going to stay... I'd be disappointed though if our young lads don't improve enough in the next year or two to take his spot, they certainly aren't going to take hill's, fyfe's, mundy's or Barlow's

I would say the same about you

OK, I’ll bite.

So how many first round picks do you think we’ll get for Clancee? What pick at all would we get? Koby Stevens got a pick in the 40’s and he’s seen to have significant upside. What would Clancee get? Would it be worth it in any way shape or form?

Remember you don’t rate him so don’t come with the idea that we would get better than a pick in the 40’s.

And the whole disclaimer of "we'd trade him for the right trade" is just a waste of time. We'd trade anybody for the right trade. Pick 1,2 and 3 in the draft for Pav? Yes.

Also, what would it do to the teams morale and buy in of Ross’ plan if a top 10 in the B&F who did all that was required and did it well is kicked to the curb for a half eaten packet of Twisties?

Crazy talk.

OK, I’ll bite.

So how many first round picks do you think we’ll get for Clancee? What pick at all would we get? Koby Stevens got a pick in the 40’s and he’s seen to have significant upside. What would Clancee get? Would it be worth it in any way shape or form?

Remember you don’t rate him so don’t come with the idea that we would get better than a pick in the 40’s.

And the whole disclaimer of "we'd trade him for the right trade" is just a waste of time. We'd trade anybody for the right trade. Pick 1,2 and 3 in the draft for Pav? Yes.

Also, what would it do to the teams morale and buy in of Ross’ plan if a top 10 in the B&F who did all that was required and did it well is kicked to the curb for a half eaten packet of Twisties?

Crazy talk.

You and I speak the same language.

OK, I’ll bite.

Crazy talk.

Read my previous post

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back