Freo Vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Blues_Girl
We all can't be wrong! Every person i've spoken too since match ends has said the umpires had a hand in our loss.

Was everyone of them a Crows fan??

The umpiring was crap today, they paid free kicks that weren't there and missed plenty FOR BOTH SIDES. Adelaide played a good game today, I was impressed with Rutton in only his second? game. Mcleod, Riccutio and Burton killed us and Clarke was pretty handy in the ruck. I guess it's always easy to see the free kicks missed for you team, I thought there were plenty of frees to us which were missed as well.

What did you think of the Bassett incident??

Originally posted by Paralowiepower
another loss, same excuse. Getting a bit predictable
:rolleyes:
Yeah that 1 loss in a row has me seriously concerned! :rolleyes: If you haven't got anything decent to say, stick to the Port Board.

Whilst the umpiring was ordinary, there were other factors that concerned me more. If another team gets a run on, why don't we clog up play & slow down the tempo to regroup? Also, we must look at flooding if we are winning a close game with only minutes on the clock. We didn't even man up in the centre square for the final bounce! Stupid tactics. It has cost us 2 games now, which could be crucial in the washup. Also, Smart was crap most of the day - why was he not benched? Coaching (moves) was ordinary today IMO.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Yeah that 1 loss in a row has me seriously concerned! :rolleyes: If you haven't got anything decent to say, stick to the Port Board.
Think back to your last two losses and ask yourself what MOST crow fans thought the reason why you lost. I remember quite clearly on the main board. The umpires! This time, same reason.

Think back to your last two losses and ask yourself what MOST crow fans thought the reason why you lost. I remember quite clearly on the main board. The umpires! This time, same reason.
Look at my last post, as I have not used this as an excuse. My main issue is that most of the time you come on to OUR board & say negative $h!t about the Crows. Don't mind constructive stuff, but if you are just going to come on here to stir up Crows supporters, your adding no value to the Crows Board.

Both under a kick - if you're referring to Hawthorn and Fremantle - and both in circumstances that even a neutral could deem unfortunate.

What do you say if Port lose where you believe you were unlucky because of the umpiring? Nah you don't complain at all do you... you're the model loser I bet.

Oh yeah, it"s a one way street :rolleyes:
What are you suggesting? Crows posters who go on to the Port Board & continually post stuff that annoys Port supporters get either warned or banned by DT or Porthos. Happy for you to post here if you have something constructive to say, but I'm still waiting. Perhaps your incapable of it!

Well here goes, Roo was fantastic as was Burton. But Smart was woeful ( am I allowed to say that?) MacLeods best game for ages. And at the end of the day no interstate side has beaten Freo in Perth this year. If Freo lost they too could point to umpiring mistakes. Crows have a very winable game next week and could be back in the 4. And if Port beat the Lions you will be back in the 4. But do you really want to finish 3rd or 4th as 5th looks much more inviting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well here goes, Roo was fantastic as was Burton. But Smart was woeful ( am I allowed to say that?) MacLeods best game for ages. And at the end of the day no interstate side has beaten Freo in Perth this year. If Freo lost they too could point to umpiring mistakes. Crows have a very winable game next week and could be back in the 4. And if Port beat the Lions you will be back in the 4. But do you really want to finish 3rd or 4th as 5th looks much more inviting.
That's not too hard is it...;)

IMO, Crows should be aiming to finsish as high up as possible - preferably a top-2 spot (although more difficult after today).

But do you really want to finish 3rd or 4th as 5th looks much more inviting.
Oh yes, please give us an elimination final instead of a double chance...

a line of logic that only a Port supporter could come up with. :eek:

Why we lost today - Quarter by Quarter

1st

2 gimme goals missed by John****

McGregor in attack instead of defence

Farmer getting that last gasp goal

2nd

Biglands getting trounced at the centre bounces

Midfield trounced at the centre bounces as a result

Coach too slow to bring Clarke into ruck instead of Biggles

No loose man in defence

McGregor still in attack

Indiscriminate high bombing of the ball into the forward line instead of keeping possesssion going into the wind.

3rd

Too many gimme goals missed

4th

Nigel missing a sitter

Mismatch on Pavlich.

Crucial missed free to Burton in last minute - f***ing blatant 2 handed shove in the back.

Overall

Dumb football and coaching particularly in the second quarter

Poor efforts by Smart and Bode

Too little support for the main players

Missed pushes in the back - about 7 or 8 from McPharlin and Polak

Wouldn't have taken much to win it really. Just 1 or 2 of the things listed above - that's all.

We f***ing blew it!! :mad:

I gotta agree with macca there- it was a game we should have won, whatever way the umpiring went.

Some of those gimme goals we missed are enough to break my heart- those two that John**** in particular.

I think we kicked 4.6 in the third quater, and 5.5 in the first. Says it all about the amount of play we had, and our accuracy in front of goal.

Still chundering.

Re: Why we lost today - Quarter by Quarter

Originally posted by macca23
How funny was his first miss. The ball bounced on top of the goal post. i think that has to be a first.

Too many missed opportunities. Absolute spanking in the 2nd quarter. Really we played one poor quarter and still lost by a point. It was a good game but I am sick and tired of losing by small margins.

The big question is can we go on a 5 game winning streak or can we win 4 of the last 6? I reckon we can if we can get some consistency in our forward line.

Carey and Welsh should be back next week. Goody should play for South next week and be back in the side the week after. If Stevens doesn't suffer another setback he would be a month away from playing for the Crows. Massie should be back against Saints or against Sydney.

Overall
Spot on Macca - we didn't make the most of our chances & there were some strange coaching matchups. :mad: :mad:

1st

McGregor in attack instead of defence

Farmer getting that last gasp goal

Agreed.

Throw in Shirley being knocked out of the game, screwing our midfield rotation and robbing us of a vital tagging option against Bell.

2nd

Biglands getting trounced at the centre bounces

Midfield trounced at the centre bounces as a result

Coach too slow to bring Clarke into ruck instead of Biggles

No loose man in defence

McGregor still in attack

Indiscriminate high bombing of the ball into the forward line instead of keeping possesssion going into the wind.

Agreed.

Also throw in the Fremantle goal scored directly following McManus recieving a freekick just outside 50 for a trip against Edwards that wasn't there at all - even the commentators couldn't believe it. Andrew McLeod had the ball in his hand and we were about to break away when the idiot in white brought it back.

Not to mention a bullcrap advantage goal to Farmer after Smart apparently gave away a freekick to Longmuir in a 50/50 contest - all Crows stopped, Farmer ran on and booted it, umpy says advantage. What a crock.

3rd

Too many gimme goals missed

Agreed. But we couldn't have asked for much more when Freo looked like blowing us to Kingdom Come and we fought back to lead at the last change.

Also, that HTB decision against Bode - which had Bell around his legs and Headland over his shoulder - that could've seen Headland kick a goal but he missed for a behind was an absolute disgrace with the umpire in perfect position.

Loved Ben Allan dribbling something about "ah well, it was probably high but when the man takes on the tackler the tackler should be rewarded." Moron. :rolleyes:

4th

Nigel missing a sitter

Mismatch on Pavlich.

Crucial missed free to Burton in last minute - f***ing blatant 2 handed shove in the back.

Agreed.

There was a moment when we were 2 goals up, flooding forward and Rutten handballed straight to a Freo player 20 metres out front of our goal which should've hit one of our men instead and opened up what would've been an unassailable lead.

Overall

Dumb football and coaching particularly in the second quarter

Poor efforts by Smart and Bode

Too little support for the main players

Missed pushes in the back - about 7 or 8 from McPharlin and Polak

Wouldn't have taken much to win it really. Just 1 or 2 of the things listed above - that's all.

Agreed. Adding in, Clarke and Biglands were atrocious today against inferior opponents. Both at hitouts and around the ground they were made to look stupid - something they usually do to the opposition big men.

Re: Re: Why we lost today - Quarter by Quarter

Originally posted by dyertribe
Agreed. Adding in, Clarke and Biglands were atrocious today against inferior opponents. Both at hitouts and around the ground they were made to look stupid - something they usually do to the opposition big men.
A bit harsh there I think. Clarke got a fair amount of hit outs and did some great work picking the ball up when it fell to the floor at a few of the contests to dish off the quick handpass.

I thought Biglands started well, got a few kicks early and looked set for a great game. Unforunately he died out of the game completely after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo Vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back