Freo's next ruckman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember reading a story about Shaquille O'Neill. Went something along the lines of he was raised on a army base or something and he asked someone for some help with his free-throws. The Major (or whoever) asks "and what's your name, private?" (thinking he's a soldier) and Shaq replies "I''m 13 yo sir".

Dunno how true it is, but I always remember it...

I imagine the mismatch would look something like this:

or like this:
getimsandi.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple physics suggests that someone of those dimensions... 226 and 140... would have to be on EPO or something to cope with the running load in afl.

Massive kid though. Poor bugger.
Haha yeah you're probably right. My comment was semi sarcastic as it's pretty self evident he'll never play AFL. Although, Sandi at 211 and 125kg goes alright. Then again he might not have to. Everything is proportionate, bigger lungs to suck in more O2, Bigger heart to pump more blood, bigger blood vessels to deliver more blood, more muscle to move his body. I know the more weight you have the harder your CVS has to work, but isn't that proportionate to your height?

Haha yeah you're probably right. My comment was semi sarcastic as it's pretty self evident he'll never play AFL. Although, Sandi at 211 and 125kg goes alright. Then again he might not have to. Everything is proportionate, bigger lungs to suck in more O2, Bigger heart to pump more blood, bigger blood vessels to deliver more blood, more muscle to move his body. I know the more weight you have the harder your CVS has to work, but isn't that proportionate to your height?
If you double the height you quadruple the weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's next ruckman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back