List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the Dandenong game overnight - Peckett would be a certainty of getting picked up now you would think. He is a smart player and works/runs the corridor beautifully. Pressures and tackles well and is a beautiful kick on goals (x5), plus he had another 3 shots from a distance that fell just short in the goal square. He is also very courageous in the air going back with the flight of the ball a couple of times. He has plenty of room for improvement and a big upside.

Last edited:
I watched the Dandenong game overnight - Peckett would be a certainty of getting picked up now you would think. He he is a smart player and works/runs the corridor beautifully. Pressures and tackles well and is a beautiful kick on goals (x5), plus he had another 3 shots from a distance that fell just short in the goal square. He is also very courageous in the air going back witht eh flight of the ball a couple of times. He has plenty of room for improvement and a big upside.
Some of that sounds like his old man - who was very underrated in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the Dandenong game overnight - Peckett would be a certainty of getting picked up now you would think. He he is a smart player and works/runs the corridor beautifully. Pressures and tackles well and is a beautiful kick on goals (x5), plus he had another 3 shots from a distance that fell just short in the goal square. He is also very courageous in the air going back witht eh flight of the ball a couple of times. He has plenty of room for improvement and a big upside.
where'd you watch this? thanks!

Download the Coates Talent League app.
It’s very handy and much better than the old days! No commentary, but will take what we can get! He looks pretty clever in finding space up forward and moves through traffic pretty well. I think it was his coach that mentioned he needs to work on his tank.

Although Hynes’ kicking can be pretty scrappy, he’s a beast. A late first would be handy, particularly if we take speed in the top 10.

He played 252 matches for St.Kilda, so he definitely wasn’t underrated by the coaching staff. Looks like Elwood is a tad taller than his old man (187cm vs 182cm for Frankie).

I think he was a good guy, but Justin had some issues, if he'd been in a different mindset he could have been even better.
----------------
IT WAS about 7.30 on a weekday morning when the Chev went through a red light and introduced itself to panicked traffic. Justin "Frankie" Peckett was going home without sleep to have breakfast before football training. Ambulances were called, along with tow trucks and police. He blew over .05 and with it, he suspected, his football career. He cared, but not outrageously so, for he had been waiting for this moment for 10 years. Perhaps he was quietly searching for it.

"My behaviour was always going to continue until something like a car accident happened," Peckett said. "I was not a high-profile player, so a lot of it wouldn't be reported. I was living in Frankston, going out four or five nights a week, late nights, alcohol was one of my main focuses, then I moved to St Kilda and if I wasn't at the Espy, Prince of Wales or the Vineyard, I was at the footy club. I would drink alone, middle of the day, wouldn't matter.

I think he was a good guy, but Justin had some issues, if he'd been in a different mindset he could have been even better.
----------------
IT WAS about 7.30 on a weekday morning when the Chev went through a red light and introduced itself to panicked traffic. Justin "Frankie" Peckett was going home without sleep to have breakfast before football training. Ambulances were called, along with tow trucks and police. He blew over .05 and with it, he suspected, his football career. He cared, but not outrageously so, for he had been waiting for this moment for 10 years. Perhaps he was quietly searching for it.

"My behaviour was always going to continue until something like a car accident happened," Peckett said. "I was not a high-profile player, so a lot of it wouldn't be reported. I was living in Frankston, going out four or five nights a week, late nights, alcohol was one of my main focuses, then I moved to St Kilda and if I wasn't at the Espy, Prince of Wales or the Vineyard, I was at the footy club. I would drink alone, middle of the day, wouldn't matter.

I used to see Peckett out back in the day. He wasn't as bad as the made out. It was the era more than he was getting absolutely written off. He was a really social type and still is by all accounts. I know a guy who played down on the peninsula with him until recently and after games he'd be getting the whole side back to his house for a feed and drinks. His wife must be an absolute legend too.

I used to see Peckett out back in the day. He wasn't as bad as the made out. It was the era more than he was getting absolutely written off. He was a really social type and still is by all accounts. I know a guy who played down on the peninsula with him until recently and after games he'd be getting the whole side back to his house for a feed and drinks. His wife must be an absolute legend too.

Those were his words in the article. By all accounts he was a great bloke, and he's long ago turned the corner lifestyle wise.
I think he'd agree that he could have been a whole lot more as a footy player.

Those were his words in the article. By all accounts he was a great bloke, and he's long ago turned the corner lifestyle wise.
I think he'd agree that he could have been a whole lot more as a footy player.

I was always a fan but he was a good player rather than an elite talent. He's been a middler that hit the 200 game mark. I'd say he's had an amazing career considering. Maybe he could have been even better if he'd had a Geary attitude where he extracted every drop but he was a solid citizen over a long time. If most of our current crop of middling kids ended with his career I'd be pretty happy. He's probably closer to Ryan Byrnes than Nick Daicos.

I was always a fan but he was a good player rather than an elite talent. He's been a middler that hit the 200 game mark. I'd say he's had an amazing career considering. Maybe he could have been even better if he'd had a Geary attitude where he extracted every drop but he was a solid citizen over a long time. If most of our current crop of middling kids ended with his career I'd be pretty happy. He's probably closer to Ryan Byrnes than Nick Daicos.

Pretty sure getting home just in time for Breakfast before going to training would not have helped his performance.

If someone else picks Elwood, do we have enough draft points to match the bid? (if that's still how it works)

Desperate to get him.
You's should get him in the rookie draft at this stage but if he plays more games like he did on the weekend he might go in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back