List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone else picks Elwood, do we have enough draft points to match the bid? (if that's still how it works)

Desperate to get him.
He isn’t in danger of getting bid on. He would be a later pick at best and clubs know there isn’t any point on bidding. Also the afl changed the rules to automatically pre list them as a rookie if they don’t get bid on. One more good game and I reckon he will be a saint next year.

He isn’t in danger of getting bid on. He would be a later pick at best and clubs know there isn’t any point on bidding. Also the afl changed the rules to automatically pre list them as a rookie if they don’t get bid on. One more good game and I reckon he will be a saint next year.
1 or 2 more games like he had on Saturday and we may need to be accumulating picks

Dandenong sit 4th on the ladder and still have Calder (2nd) & Gippsland (6th) to play .... Top 8 to play Finals ... and they won't miss

So Peckett could play another 5 or 6 games if they make the GF

I think he was a good guy, but Justin had some issues, if he'd been in a different mindset he could have been even better.
----------------
IT WAS about 7.30 on a weekday morning when the Chev went through a red light and introduced itself to panicked traffic. Justin "Frankie" Peckett was going home without sleep to have breakfast before football training. Ambulances were called, along with tow trucks and police. He blew over .05 and with it, he suspected, his football career. He cared, but not outrageously so, for he had been waiting for this moment for 10 years. Perhaps he was quietly searching for it.

"My behaviour was always going to continue until something like a car accident happened," Peckett said. "I was not a high-profile player, so a lot of it wouldn't be reported. I was living in Frankston, going out four or five nights a week, late nights, alcohol was one of my main focuses, then I moved to St Kilda and if I wasn't at the Espy, Prince of Wales or the Vineyard, I was at the footy club. I would drink alone, middle of the day, wouldn't matter.
I didn't know ow this. . But why should I

Elwood wins Player of the Week on Rookie Me Central, congrats young fella cant wait to see you running around in Saints colours.

Pretty sure getting home just in time for Breakfast before going to training would not have helped his performance.

I think there was some mayo on that. I'm sure he did a bit of that but plenty of footballers were big drinkers back then.

1 or 2 more games like he had on Saturday and we may need to be accumulating picks

Dandenong sit 4th on the ladder and still have Calder (2nd) & Gippsland (6th) to play .... Top 8 to play Finals ... and they won't miss

So Peckett could play another 5 or 6 games if they make the GF

He needs to pull up sore.

Gee, I’ve seen Cole before but wondered if I caught him on an off kicking game, but watching Sandy … that is Under 11 style kicking. He’s a liability waiting to happen. Yeah yeah, young kid. But that doesn’t translate at all in today’s game. Even if his defensive work is as good as Max H (who I loved), his kicking is worse and the game has changed completely. I’d pass on any bid.

I’d cool the jets on any of them tbh and that’s why the three aren’t really in any consideration for a half decent pick. Don’t agree with Cal that he could be in a 40 odd range.

Gee, I’ve seen Cole before but wondered if I caught him on an off kicking game, but watching Sandy … that is Under 11 style kicking. He’s a liability waiting to happen. Yeah yeah, young kid. But that doesn’t translate at all in today’s game. Even if his defensive work is as good as Max H (who I loved), his kicking is worse and the game has changed completely. I’d pass on any bid.

I’d cool the jets on any of them tbh and that’s why the three aren’t really in any consideration for a half decent pick. Don’t agree with Cal that he could be in a 40 odd range.
It should be simple enough to move Gus onto the main list allowing for 2 cat B's.
There should also be a couple of cat A spots available due to upgrades.
I think the reality is that those guys get treated as a bonus and we just get as many of the best players we can through the national draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the Dandenong game overnight - Peckett would be a certainty of getting picked up now you would think. He is a smart player and works/runs the corridor beautifully. Pressures and tackles well and is a beautiful kick on goals (x5), plus he had another 3 shots from a distance that fell just short in the goal square. He is also very courageous in the air going back with the flight of the ball a couple of times. He has plenty of room for improvement and a big upside.
Reminds me of Jack Steele in the year he was picked up.

Without giving too much away I heard at the club this morning that father son - Gil Wakelin will be nominating the Saints not Port as his club of choice. He will be available next year so anyone over in Adelaide keep an eye out to see how he is developing.
Why would he do that? Isn't he been developing at Port?

Without giving too much away I heard at the club this morning that father son - Gil Wakelin will be nominating the Saints not Port as his club of choice. He will be available next year so anyone over in Adelaide keep an eye out to see how he is developing.

Is he a talented lad? Where is he expected to fall in the draft? (at this stage).

Wake up fam, we finally have a decent FS pick
And not the one we were expecting at the start of the year - funny that
Oh the melts will be extraordinary. That said no-one would've expected us to prise Henry out of Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back