Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

IF you just look at last night’s game , or the Sydney loss, as eveidence for Bev’s capacity to continue in the role THEN you sound like a climate change denier who thinks everything’s la di da because he has to wear a raincoat in summer.

But our midfield was really only missing Richards last night and we got smashed out of the middle . This isn’t the first time Bont’s been negated by a tag . Neale was presented with the keys to Marvel stadium & the freedom of the borough. Cameron and Daniher didn’t do much but Jones was isolated with a rampant Hipwood on numerous occasions.

More than anything we allowed ourselves to be bullied early , and then numerous Premiership and experienced players go to water. Freijah looked like a composed 200 gamer compared to some of his compadres .

I blame him for his stubbornness around using a tagger, or at least negating the most damaging mid from the opposition side. Time after time our opponent has a player that goes to town on us, and Neale is one player that always has a day out against the dogs.

Just look at bloody Newcombe or Tim Kelly last year when the season was on the line. Nderdone - he wWent rampant against us, surely Beveridge can pull some levers and apply a lockdown tagger at some point during the game.

Fagan knew the trick to beating the dogs is locking down Bont and surprise surprise they banged him up all night.

Libba is too slow for the middle these days- would be the perfect match up as a tag for Neal though.

Interesting to see what happens when Ed comes back. We looked so much more dynamic when Ed replaced Libba.

IF you just look at last night’s game , or the Sydney loss, as eveidence for Bev’s capacity to continue in the role THEN you sound like a climate change denier who thinks everything’s la di da because he has to wear a raincoat in summer.

But our midfield was really only missing Richards last night and we got smashed out of the middle . This isn’t the first time Bont’s been negated by a tag . Neale was presented with the keys to Marvel stadium & the freedom of the borough. Cameron and Daniher didn’t do much but Jones was isolated with a rampant Hipwood on numerous occasions.

More than anything we allowed ourselves to be bullied early , and then numerous Premiership and experienced players go to water. Freijah looked like a composed 200 gamer compared to some of his compadres .
Or maybe just a different opinion to you and look at a bigger picture differently, maybe

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daniel, Williams and Lobb. Keath has been ok but close to cooked to. Then we also have Mc Neil, Bramble and VDM who will never be good enough to get to be cooked.

Every one of them has a better younger still developing player out injured or suspended at the moment with the exception of Buss who should be in.

Williams was pretty good last night. Quite a few here thought he was our BoG. Doesn't belong in the cooked category.

The others I'll give you.

Last edited:
Hawks beat GWS after the Giants had 2 byes and they had not yet had one.... so can we cut the excuses??? In the 3rd qtr when we were barely getting fwd 50 entries we kick long and the 3 fwd's are O'D, West and McNeil... what are we paying JUH & Lobb for. Bevo seems to constantly think he is the smartest bloke in the room but the results just don't stack up. If ya'll want to stick with mediocrity be my guest but I have had a gut full and excuses just won't cut it this year. Also hearing that Grant on the radio pre-match said we were limping to the bye which is pathetic given WE STILL HAVE A GAME TO GO FFS! And yay... next week we have Freo after their bye. Maybe we should just forfeit now if it's all too hard. 🙄

Regardless of whether we were tired or not the fact we didn't make any changes to the midfield structure until the second half is a complete indictment on the coaching staff and largely Bevo. His stubbornness has cost us chances at getting back into games numerous times over his journey and last night was no exception.

5 minutes into the match it was obvious that Brisbane's midfield was going to crush us and by QT the clearances were 6-18. We made next to no changes until very late in Q2 when West came up for a couple of CBAs and we ended up losing the first-half clearance count 13-31, the biggest differential to HT in any match in Bevo's era and lost the inside 50s 19-36.

In the second half, we swapped Macrae for Sanders and from Macrae's 8 CBAs he won 3 centre clearances (team high for the night) and the total clearances in the second half were even at 19-19, while the inside 50s were close to even at 26-28.

Any other team would've made that change and likely several other changes at QT, but Bevo has always been reluctant to make any changes mid-game and just believes in the "system".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams was pretty good last night. Quite a few here thought he was our BoG. Doesn't belong in the cooked category.

I also thought Williams was one of our best.
Held up pretty well considering the barrage the back 6 had to put up with.

Regardless of whether we were tired or not the fact we didn't make any changes to the midfield structure until the second half is a complete indictment on the coaching staff and largely Bevo. His stubbornness has cost us chances at getting back into games numerous times over his journey and last night was no exception.

5 minutes into the match it was obvious that Brisbane's midfield was going to crush us and by QT the clearances were 6-18. We made next to no changes until very late in Q2 when West came up for a couple of CBAs and we ended up losing the first-half clearance count 13-31, the biggest differential to HT in any match in Bevo's era and lost the inside 50s 19-36.

In the second half, we swapped Macrae for Sanders and from Macrae's 8 CBAs he won 3 centre clearances (team high for the night) and the total clearances in the second half were even at 19-19, while the inside 50s were close to even at 26-28.

Any other team would've made that change and likely several other changes at QT, but Bevo has always been reluctant to make any changes mid-game and just believes in the "system".
Macrae was good last night. I said it in the match thread that caleb may be cooked but macrae still has something to offer. You cannot play Libba, Macrae and Caleb in the same team it kills our ability to cover the ground.

People were calling for Bevos head when he realised that we were too slow and dropped the 2 of them but again he's proven to be correct

Agree and I'd also keep Keath around for another year. He has played well and looked much better with him in the side. I wouldn't want him playing more than a few games next year but I think he would be good depth and a good mentor to the young KPD coming through

do fans expect something different after 9 years with bevo? we dont go long winning runs

the-definition-of-53767b3734.jpg
Unfortunately you just quoted Clive Palmer

For those wanting to criticise the coaching staff you have shown the glaring issue this week. Thanks for the stats Oliver

Also Bont was tagged and not winning any clearances, I think the commentators said he hadn't won so few clearances in the last 50 games. But he stayed there in the middle to very little effect. Libba got needlessly involved trying to protect Bont, as tagging is annoying but perfectly legal. Our mids should have focused on their own jobs.

Excellent post.

Those of us who think Bevo’s time is done don’t want to denigrate his time with us, he’s a legend and will always be one. He might be the best EI coach in the game, he’s got many runs on the board and will probably do a great job somewhere else, but he’s not the right coach for this group anymore.

To be 6-7 given the first half of our fixture is probably easier than the second half is an indictment on the footy department. Significant change is required, and with all due respect to other posters it’s baffling to me that other bulldogs fans think this is acceptable.

Hawks beat GWS after the Giants had 2 byes and they had not yet had one.... so can we cut the excuses??? In the 3rd qtr when we were barely getting fwd 50 entries we kick long and the 3 fwd's are O'D, West and McNeil... what are we paying JUH & Lobb for. Bevo seems to constantly think he is the smartest bloke in the room but the results just don't stack up. If ya'll want to stick with mediocrity be my guest but I have had a gut full and excuses just won't cut it this year. Also hearing that Grant on the radio pre-match said we were limping to the bye which is pathetic given WE STILL HAVE A GAME TO GO FFS! And yay... next week we have Freo after their bye. Maybe we should just forfeit now if it's all too hard.

Say whatever you like - you won’t convince me it’s not a factor

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If this season carries on like Friday, get dean cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back