List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Tucker, Balic, B Hill, Hamling, McCarthy, Apeness, A.Pearce, Sheridan, Crozier, Neale around him for the next 8 years suggests some pretty good recruiting
Freo had a midfield the envy of the comp, with the big-bodied mids dominating contests and stoppages. Our list was recruited and shaped around that. Then along came the AFL and changed the rules and the game in 2016.

Injuries afforded accelerated opportunity for our kids (listed in quoted post above) and we've embarked on a list overhaul to keep up with the times. The tough call of delisting MICKY B shows we're ready to evolve. The four new recruits add new dimensions to our lines (back, mid, fwd). This draft period will really set the tone for our club. I'ld say we've recruited well, and responded exceptionally well to rule changes in a short time, that basically flew in the face of where we were going.

Hi Guys thought I would give you some good news..Fyfe not leaving ever...was over there last week with friends and met his parents nice poeple.

100% not leaving i was told and he thinks they will make the 8 next year.

His dad said with inclusions:
Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

Have the class to make the 8

Hi Guys thought I would give you some good news..Fyfe not leaving ever...was over there last week with friends and met his parents nice poeple.

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

I choose to believe this information completely.

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

and to think we had some dick coming on here saying he was a lock to go to Carlton. :rolleyes:

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

Dunno who this character is but I enjoy his posting.

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

I like the cut of your jib, come back with good news anytime .:cool:

Is "making the 8" good enough for Fyfe? He seems like he wants to win grand finals... 2017 will be interesting team performance wise until he does or doesn't sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why 2017 is so important IMO. If he doesn't get the right success feeling at Freo he may well look elsewhere... pretty much what he said in that media release

Your theory makes any player not winning a GF medal in 017 looking for a new club. WC will be amongst the also rans so I'd be worried about your players looking for success elsewhere.

We aren't a 1 player club, this isn't about my club though, this is about Fyfe

IMO he will sign some time in 2017, the major unknown though is with his ego and desire to succeed if Freo has another bad season will he still be happy to re-sign with a top 8 finish... what if no top 8?

It also could be just a ploy to get a better deal from Freo?

IMO he will sign some time in 2017, the major unknown though is with his ego and desire to succeed if Freo has another bad season will he still be happy to re-sign with a top 8 finish... what if no top 8?

Not a 1 player club. Natanui .:rolleyes: Freo will finish in the finals. Fyfe will be more than happy with the progress.

It's not nearly that binary lol. His position has always been the same as Pav's, if he sees the club moving in the right direction in terms of coaching, club management, multiple factors, he will sign.

Implying he will only stay if we make top 6 or not is a childish assessment. Based on the quality of players coming in, if we have another season finishing bottom four then a realistic argument can be made that Fyfe may "seriously" consider options elsewhere, even though I still don't think he would.

Ego???

Get the **** out of here with your Hagdorn bullshit.

Ego comment aside, I think the comments are on the money. If Fyfe isn't locked away before Rd1 2017, the pressure will be on for him, the team and the coaches to deliver a set of results that look like we are on the right path to another window of contending. If we start like 2016, Fyfe is going to have a very hard choice in front of him.

Ego comment aside, I think the comments are on the money. If Fyfe isn't locked away before Rd1 2017, the pressure will be on for him, the team and the coaches to deliver a set of results that look like we are on the right path to another window of contending. If we start like 2016, Fyfe is going to have a very hard choice in front of him.

So did Neale. Results are overrated. Progress, balance of probabilities,a clear plan and vision, and a decent paycheck to play in front of family and friends is a pragmatic measuring stick.

Is "making the 8" good enough for Fyfe? He seems like he wants to win grand finals... 2017 will be interesting team performance wise until he does or doesn't sign
When you're coming from third last you've got to be a tad more realistic with expectations...

So did Neale. Results are overrated. Progress, balance of probabilities,a clear plan and vision, and a decent paycheck to play in front of family and friends is a pragmatic measuring stick.

Yep, very good point that I overlooked. But if we stink it up early next year, do you think Lachie will be wondering if he made the right decision? I don't know, but I think results play a bigger part than you give them credence.

Fyfe
Sandi
McCarthy
Hill
Kersten
Bennell
Johnson

with
Mundy
Walters
Weller
Yarram
Hill
Ballantyne
Suban
Spurr
Ibbotson

I'm guessing Suban is Fyfe's really good mate.... :p

Nah Fyfe's not stupid, he'll know exactly how complex it is to build a premiership winning list and that it's almost impossible to predict whether you'll find it by shifting clubs (look at how happy Ablett seems).

Looking at the talented young lists of GWS and the Western Bulldogs makes it pretty hard to bet against them over the coming years but they'd unlikely be willing to give up the cap space for a Fyfe signing, and nor would he be interested I'd think. I really can't see any way that GWS, stacked with classy first rounders won't over take the Dogs and start dominating the competition shortly. It'll be interesting to see if Sydney can adapt and stay in amongst it. If anything I think Adelaide, West Coast, Hawks, Geelong and North will all have weaker midfields either in 2017 or else 2018. I can't see any signs Port, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood or Gold Coast will be knocking on the finals door any time soon. And Melbourne and St Kilda probably will but still think they are a fair way back compared to GWS and WB.

Given our current list I'd predict we'll rise up and be in that same bracket as St Kilda and Melbourne next year - either just in the 8 or on the cusp of finals and either way with young list that is developing nicely. If that's how Nat also sees it, I can't see him leaving. It will be a very new team come round 1, so I don't think he'll be judging purely on whether we start winning a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back