Game Day Game Day.... Finals are here !!! Fremantle v Geelong, Simmonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the sort of game that I've witnessed Spurr play time and time again for Central District, defends like mad, attacks like mad, goes in hard, marks with courage and moves up into the middle. Just glad he has shown what he can do, he loves finals, he excels in the contested, tough games.

TBH he has been doing it all year.

Sing our song to the heavens, after giving effort the purple warriors collapse from the exhaustion in the locker rooms; but now the GLORY IS THEIRS. The Fremantle supporters starved of success for so many years also double over in disbelief with tears of joy as the burden of the years of loyalty is now finally rewarded......NOW OURS IS THE GLORY......in one of the greatest finals ever played!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost done shaking now....

I was watching it in a bar in Manila with about 10 cats fans.. only docker... Probably much like the game (except with table service and cheap beer)... Live in Melb and on a work trip so gutted I couldn't be there

Right in the last 5mins, on cue, when game was tense as ****, a huge electrical storm happened and everything outside went dark - lightening, rain pounding down...

Then, just after Hill sealed it the sun came out, rain stopped and I went so crazy I thought I would be deported! All the cats supporters shook my hand and said it was the best game they have ever seen..

some rivalry we've got there.... I almost cried.

Back in Melbs for the prelim and then...

**** I love this club so much it hurts sometimes. This was a great day

Just finished watching the game. Was at a family do and didn't want to know anything about the game until I watched it at home. Spent the whole afternoon with earplugs in my ears, bag over my head, sitting in a corner facing the wall repeating " LA LA LA LA LA I'm not listening " over and over.

I coudn't be more proud of the boys even if they were my own sons. My hearts still up around 200 bpm and I think there are tears falling down my face. Onya lads

Kudos to all the guys and girls behind the goals today. Won't be forgetting this one for a while.

What an odd feeling......I'm actually confident we can make the GF........Surreal, very happy and proud of the boys

Sincere congratulations. Your team did today everything I was worried about- dominant rucks, superb attacking mids, dangerous forwards, Pav marked like a dominant fwd should, amazing pressure tackling, totally stifled any semblance of attacking play we attempted. Brilliant clever defence.
I would be stunned if you don't play in the GF v Haw end September. Well deserved, and I will definitely be hoping you go on with it all the way.
If we were poor, it was only because of the pressure and perceived pressure. In reality, Freo was again just too good for us.
GREAT opportunity for your first and well deserved GF & FLAG.

Bad for me is that we'll likely play Pies next Fri without Enright and Hawkins, and straight sets is a reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Game Day.... Finals are here !!! Fremantle v Geelong, Simmonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back