Gameday Thread- Showdown- Crows Vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

When the pressure is really on us, we are terrible. We need to improve on that over the next few years. I think we will.

Today we missed about 10 or so easy shots. That is all about pressure.

There are just some players in our side whose gap between their best and their worst is far too much.

Some of them are young and will improve over time, but there are a couple of others who are serial offenders.

decision making gone out the window

Not only on the part of the players. The selection committee and the coaching staff have a bit to answer for today. Where were the changes during the game today, Porps forward, Tippett in the ruck or anything that could change it up? Why would you change a winning structure unless you have injuries? Macca and Goodwin were bad enough with injury but to drop Davis for Bock when he is obviously not ready is plain stupidity.:thumbsdown:

what has happened to the high tackle, apparently we don't get paid it anymore.

no intensity was our main problem today, you can pin it on goal kicking and whatever else but the lack of intensity was the reason we lost.

Tony is fine if the game is a shoot out however he just does not have the strength to play these types of games which are high pressure and full of one on one contests

poor selection

Get real, Armstrong along with Cook are the worst 2 players in the league let alone the adelaide squad, you are essentially suggesting he'd be fine if this were touch football and no in reality he is the slowest indiginous player in the league and his skills are below par as well as his decision making.

You guys talk these useless players up way too much, this guy is too small and frail to be so slow.
You put in physically weak players when it comes to the tackle in porplyzia and armstrong for goodwin and mcleod this is what you get in a physical contest.

Every week adelaide is expected to beat the umpires as well this week wasn't going to be different.

what has happened to the high tackle, apparently we don't get paid it anymore.

no intensity was our main problem today, you can pin it on goal kicking and whatever else but the lack of intensity was the reason we lost.

Yep, Port wnated it more

But it doesn't help when you have more goal scoring shots, and lose by 20 points

Most were gettable for AFL players too. Pretty basic shots. And we missed em by a fair whack

So ****ing pissed right now

Get real, Armstrong along with Cook are the worst 2 players in the league let alone the adelaide squad, you are essentially suggesting he'd be fine if this were touch football and no in reality he is the slowest indiginous player in the league and his skills are below par as well as his decision making.

You guys talk these useless players up way too much, this guy is too small and frail to be so slow.

Turn it up mate. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Tony had an off day but boy did he have some mates. He's a developing player and went into his shell but to call him one of the worst players in the league is perhaps the stupidest thing I've read all week. And that's saying a lot considering this is Bigfooty where blokes like you talk absolute nonsense left right and centre.

To be honest I had a bad feeling we were going to lose this game all week long so it didn't surprise me. Especially after beating Geelong. Sums up our dreadful season.

So this probably means that we will beat Collingwood in Round 21.

To be honest I had a bad feeling we were going to lose this game all week long so it didn't surprise me. Especially after beating Geelong. Sums up our dreadful season.

So this probably means that we will beat Collingwood in Round 21.

Same. I just knew since Port had lost 9 on the trot leading up to the game they would actually rock up for more than 20 minutes of a game this time. We played horrible, should've been infront at quarter time if not for some bad decision making down back and poor set shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up mate. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Tony had an off day but boy did he have some mates. He's a developing player and went into his shell but to call him one of the worst players in the league is perhaps the stupidest thing I've read all week. And that's saying a lot considering this is Bigfooty where blokes like you talk absolute nonsense left right and centre.

Name a player that is worse.
How long is an armstrong off day?

I never think we are sure things in any showdown. They have been an average at best team for 5 out of the last 6 years and still manage to beat us in showdowns when they cant beat anyone else. They came into this game with the attitude that we went into last weeks game with.

It's their "grand final". They could play as crap as they want for most of the season but when they play us, they bring their best.

It's their "grand final". They could play as crap as they want for most of the season but when they play us, they bring their best.

Dont want to stir up shit, but to be fair, it was your teams Grand Final today as well. You want to make finals and losing this game may have all but ended a real shot at it.

Just sayin.....

Dont want to stir up shit, but to be fair, it was your teams Grand Final today as well. You want to make finals and losing this game may have all but ended a real shot at it.

Just sayin.....

No you’re not just sayin... If you used your brain, you would realize we still have Western Bulldogs to play, Collingwood and St Kilda to play and we needed to win 4 out of 6 games.

Port won today, congratulations but it wasn’t our grand finals.

No you’re not just sayin... If you used your brain, you would realize we still have Western Bulldogs to play, Collingwood and St Kilda to play and we needed to win 4 out of 6 games.

Port won today, congratulations but it wasn’t our grand finals.

Mate, you just beat Geelong, you saying (prior to today) thay you thought you were no chance to snatch any of those games? If not, then fair enough.

And yeh, I was just sayin....

Got killed in ruck, always against Port we get manhandled so easily.

Griffen can ruck had a bad one today but he needs to actually step up and makes his presence felt. Fill holes and take a consistent overhead mark.
If your that big you have to play tall and demand the ball, he just isn't showing this side of his game regularly enough.

Craigy or his assistants once more showed they are slow to react to game day situations when things aren't going our way.
I would just like to see some changes tried, any change would be better than none.
Obvious one was Porps to forward line or on the ball.

Other teams actually tag Cassisi to take away his inside work and block him from laying tackles. Couldn't anyone on the panel see his influence today.

Move Tippett for a few short burst on the ball in ruck.

Eliminate the loose man,on Friday night both Hawthorn and St Kilda made all players accountable and it stopped a lot of drive out of defence.
Someone had to make Chaplin accountable.

We did get a lot of the ball and our kicking for goal was terrible but this was one game we well and truly let slip away without ever looking to change things up.

Davis better come back in next week. Get rid of Stevens or Bock - Bocky looked pretty bloody slow and never should have played. Ridiculous performance at the selecting table by Craig and friends.

Porps in defence all day - just another example of the stubborness of Neil Craig. Rates his pre-game matchups/tactics so highly that he just refuses to change them even if they aren't working and when it fails it always turns into a "lesson".

Walker - usually a good kick for goal and he choked massively. Would love to send him back to Norwood for that effort but at least he was getting the ball I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday Thread- Showdown- Crows Vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back