News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Too busy being a lazy prick, I'd say. ;)
Life is good. But all you do is float around a stinky old pond eating bugs and shitting in your lounge-room. What do you mean too busy for BF??
If you 2 had to deal with the pieces of shit that I do all day, you would totally understand my laziness.

I wonder how much this faux-pas has affected his trade value now. Perhaps MM is trying to bump his price up slightly by saying "hey he was due to come into the side but now hes not going to" making the external world think that his form is very good but he just cost himself a spot. At any rate, clubs will use this to barter us down saying "he didn't play for the second half of the year and he lacks discipline is hes out to 5am".

Just a theory but that was my first impression. I dont think we will get much for him now.

I wonder how much this faux-pas has affected his trade value now. Perhaps MM is trying to bump his price up slightly by saying "hey he was due to come into the side but now hes not going to" making the external world think that his form is very good but he just cost himself a spot. At any rate, clubs will use this to barter us down saying "he didn't play for the second half of the year and he lacks discipline is hes out to 5am".

Just a theory but that was my first impression. I dont think we will get much for him now.
The entire external world knows it isn't though.

Wait a second. You have kids?

YOU!?!?!

Holy ****...where's that child protection agency phone number???
Not sure which came first, the kids or the drinking. Chicken and egg thing.

I guess I just want Jeffy to stay. I keep thinking back to that article about him, Eddie & Yazz. We've already lost Eddie. We need to keep Jeffy.

Literally makes me sad to think of Jeffy not sticking around...that shark and subsequent dash into the open goal from last year's EF is one of my happiest football memories and (from a completely selfish point of view) I want more of the same...

Although the stories of his youth have been exaggerated, I think we all have a soft spot for a bloke who did it tough but who managed to turn himself into a bloody good league footballer for a time. I'm praying he and the club can get him back there.

I don't get the timing of what Mick is saying.

Incident happens early Sunday morning, Jeffy goes to hospital, then to the recovery session. I assume as he has stitches, he's told someone at the club what's occurred.

Mick goes on record saying as of Monday he was in the side, now later in the week he's out ... Surely MM knows about the incident on Sunday, why would he say he was in the side on Monday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the timing of what Mick is saying.
Incident happens early Sunday morning, Jeffy goes to hospital, then to the recovery session. I assume as he has stitches, he's told someone at the club what's occurred.
Mick goes on record saying as of Monday he was in the side, now later in the week he's out ... Surely MM knows about the incident on Sunday, why would he say he was in the side on Monday?

He wasn't. Plenty of reasons for Mick to play the game he's playing.

KB and Denham harping on about how dare Mick not let Jeffy play if White is allowed too.

Aren't we not allowed to suspend White unless he is proven guilty? Marley Williams never missed a game until AFTER he was convicted.

I get that people are concerned about his professionalism and commitment being an AFL player and being out until 5. It's my understanding that clubs generally either condemn that or have team rules against players being out at that time, as 'nothing good happens at those times and in those situations.'

Personally, being out until 5am is not a big stretch at all, that might be a generational gap between a few of us on here, but that is not really that late for me or my friends to be out until. Some people it's standard, others the 'night' is just beginning in the age of party drugs, 'kick ons' and 'recovery' nightclub sessions.

I no longer live in Melbourne currently, but the amount of AFL players I have seen out and at fairly late times, some behaving others doing the complete opposite would probably stagger some people. Go out to CQ (Norf boys, Richmond boys regulars), Tramp (Swanny there every time I've been) etc. etc. blah blah I could go on. It happens. Should we accept it? Maybe, they are young men. But it probably sorts a few out who love it a bit much...

With regards to Jeffy, the club and probably himself now wish he probably had of just gone home at 3 or something. He is not in fault by any means by the sounds of the report, just for knowingly putting himself in a position the club would have told the players ad nauseum to avoid. I don't really know, but I would speculate that Jeff has had some personal problem this season and it has been affecting his game. Maybe it has a bit to do with Eddie leaving or maybe it's more personal. That's the hunch I have, look to be playing like a shell of himself...

There is no way I wouldn't hang onto him. Has runs on the board, give him another year 100%. If he was a slightly less talented trier, let him go. How quickly some of us have forgotten how sublime he is. Under Mick, sure he's not going to get away with some of his weaknesses and he has to adjust. It's this approach to coaching and teaching that we got Mick for in the first place. I think that gets lost sometimes.

Jeff has some work to do and I hope he's willing...

I hope this is the kick up the backside Jeffrey needed.Under Ratten he could do no wrong ,MM likes players who have a bit of toughness ,unfortunately Jeffrey is not like that.I hope he stays as when he is on song
he is a matchwinner .Jeffrey pull your finger out and show us supporters you want to stay

I can see Jeff getting a 2 year offer from us for $150k pa plus significant match payments, take it or leave it. If he is advised well, he will accept. The alternative is getting less playing WAFL. What value a small forward who cannot rotate through the middle. No other AFL club will be interested.

In addition, Rendell has changed the views of many clubs' recruiters, not that any would admit it. Quite sad and bad for attractive football seeing the decline in indigenous player numbers.

I can see Jeff getting a 2 year offer from us for $150k pa plus significant match payments, take it or leave it. If he is advised well, he will accept. The alternative is getting less playing WAFL. What value a small forward who cannot rotate through the middle. No other AFL club will be interested.

In addition, Rendell has changed the views of many clubs' recruiters, not that any would admit it. Quite sad and bad for attractive football seeing the decline in indigenous player numbers.
Yep, they all steer clear of the indigenous players now that Rendell has had his say.

The entire external world knows it isn't though.

Exactly. I offered jeff up to an Eagles supporter at work the other day for their 2nd rounder and his response was why would we, he can't even get a game for you blokes.

Reckon he's worth it but it's no secret he's not setting the world on fire.

Don't really get Mick's comment re being in and now he's out other than it was for Jeff to mull over. Given the vfl reports have him doing sfa and Mick saying he was out of the seniors because he wasn't kicking goals I can't see him nailing "other" kpi's as a reason for him initially being in this weeks team.

I'd say he was originally being considered because Ellard had run out of petrol tickets for his hopeless efforts on goal last week or Mick was just putting emphasis on the point that he ****ed up by being out late.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back