• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

And this is the very reason why pick 5 cannot be used on Rankine. We need to draft a ******* quality mid.
We are offering a player from another club an $800k a season contract.. a player who’s current club rates very highly and who has had a great year showing some strongbsigns that for the next decade he’s gonna become an absolute gun..

Pick 5 is gone.

The best we can hope for is the suns seeing that they already have too many picks this year and thinking.. “we’ll ask for Adelaides 2023 1st instead, and thus move some of our draft capital into next year”..

If Rankine was our player and another team was offering $800k a year, he was gonna take it and that club had pick 5.. every single one of us in here would be asking for and expecting to get pick 5

And we could use our first this year on phillpou if the suns did want and take our 2023 1st.. but these morons (hamish) would probably end up using it on another obscure nobody thats 180cm tall and wouldve still been on the table at our second pick anyway.

End of the day though.. we need to trade in a mature gun mid. A young draftee, even a mid, takes 3-5 years before they fully start to dominate.

Keays that night did what Josh Jenkins did nearly every game back in 2016/17..

Gut run his oppenent into the ground. Just grind them to a pulp by constantly running them up the ground then running them back until they were stuffed.. and he’d outrun them knowing guys like lynch and tex would drop the ball over the back for him.

He was the king of the “joe the goose.”

Most gave him s**t for it.. but it was off the back of bloody hard work and it was a big reason for our win/loss record in 16/17.. go an have a look how many goals he kicked.

I hoped after that Carlton game that keays might be the new JJ joe the goose gut runner in the forward line we havent had since JJ left.. unfortunately it looks like it was a one off.
I never understood why we basically stopped this style of play instantly after the GF loss, have been a terrible team to watch since and the results no better.

It seems like a good role for Keays where he can try shut down an attacking hbfer and run them extremely hard the other way for over the back goals - which puts him in a better range too. I think that's probably the direction we need to go with Keays going forward and it felt like something we were going to see to start the season prior to Laird breaking his hand.

Rather annoying that they trashed talked us, then we meekly let them thrash us

Yeah. We undid everything that the last two showdowns had been in terms of rebuilding pride and competitiveness.

Fundamentally, we're a club of effort first wimps. We let Port bully us this week, to the shame of our supporter base. And there's no reason to think next year won't be the same.

Disgusting club.

We are offering a player from another club an $800k a season contract.. a player who’s current club rates very highly and who has had a great year showing some strongbsigns that for the next decade he’s gonna become an absolute gun..

Pick 5 is gone.

The best we can hope for is the suns seeing that they already have too many picks this year and thinking.. “we’ll ask for Adelaides 2023 1st instead, and thus move some of our draft capital into next year”..

If Rankine was our player and another team was offering $800k a year, he was gonna take it and that club had pick 5.. every single one of us in here would be asking for and expecting to get pick 5

And we could use our first this year on phillpou if the suns did want and take our 2023 1st.. but these morons (hamish) would probably end up using it on another obscure nobody thats 180cm tall and wouldve still been on the table at our second pick anyway.

End of the day though.. we need to trade in a mature gun mid. A young draftee, even a mid, takes 3-5 years before they fully start to dominate.
If we let them know early that pick 5 is off the table and it's either take our best offer or they will end up with nothing. I expect it will be our 2023 1st rounder with something coming back to us that will get the deal done. If we need to use pick 5 on a small forward it means we are targetting the wrong player. We need an elite explosive mid. If the deal falls over because of GC we need to be willing to walk away as well.

Did anyone see the uncontested possessions stats last night? Wow. They really tell a stark tale of the team’s deficiencies.

They simply can‘t use the ball. The midfield is packed with see-ball, get-ball types.

There is always some encouraging signs from the key position players but f*ck me do they have their work cut out for them.

I’ve never seen such poor decision making and skill execution going inside 50.

It’s not just the players’ fault either — there’s no way you could’ve watched that last night and thought the coaches box was up to the task.

The team was making the exact same mistakes going inside 50 in the last quarter that it was in the first.

If we let them know early that pick 5 is off the table and it's either take our best offer or they will end up with nothing. I expect it will be our 2023 1st rounder with something coming back to us that will get the deal done. If we need to use pick 5 on a small forward it means we are targetting the wrong player. We need an elite explosive mid. If the deal falls over because of GC we need to be willing to walk away as well.
If you're not willing to walk away from a deal you'll be absolutely rolled every time

Yep, 2023/1 is enough, they won't walk away from that so hang tough with it.

Did anyone see the uncontested possessions stats last night? Wow. They really tell a stark tale of the team’s deficiencies.

They simply can‘t use the ball. The midfield is packed with see-ball, get-ball types.

There is always some encouraging signs from the key position players but f*ck me do they have their work cut out for them.

It’s not just the players’ fault either — there’s no way you could’ve watched that last night and thought the coaches box was up to the task.

The team was making the exact same mistakes going inside 50 in the last quarter that it was in the first.
Ironically our best ball user is down back. Nick's doesn't have a clue how to structure our team to score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile our best kick is in defence having 2 goals kicked on him by……McEntee. That’s like Ned kicking 5 goals on Rozee.

So dumb having Dawson in defence and not on the wing.

And this is the very reason why pick 5 cannot be used on Rankine. We need to draft a ******* quality mid.
It’s also the very reason we need to use pick 5 on Rankine. Hamish has proven beyond all doubt that he’s simply not capable of drafting a quality mid with a top 15 pick.

Hire a skills coach FFS, no one can hit a target, pathetic
This was the most single telling factor last night... & for many of our losses this year.

Our skill level is substandard & we get killed on turnovers.

We must prioritise players with skill next year, or we won't progress up the ladder.

It’s also the very reason we need to use pick 5 on Rankine. Hamish has proven beyond all doubt that he’s simply not capable of drafting a quality mid with a top 15 pick.
Yeah.. its strange.. Hamish seems like a genius that can pick the quality from about pick 30 onwards.. but is completely useless with identifying the higher end talent.

This was the most single telling factor last night... & for many of our losses this year.

Our skill level is substandard & we get killed on turnovers.

We must prioritise players with skill next year, or we won't progress up the ladder.
That means

Rowe
Murphy
Keays
Mchenry

OUT.. and forever

And

Newchurch
Rachele
Rankine
Taylor
Pedlar
Cook
Nankervis

IN

The talent to replace the hopeless, talentless spuds is there.. the courage to do so in the selection committee and coaches box is the problem.

Mainly because they strangely reward effort and training capacity over actual skill and ability.

Until this changes we will continue to be a bottom 8 side.

No-one can reasonably justify this game as a reasonable effort .....it was simply a terrible performance & exposed a few issues

GOOD
1. Thilthorpe - a 2nd year KPF, his improvement in contested marking has been dramatic on year 1 :whitecheck:
2. Soligo - just a smart footballer, who doesn't panic & see's things earlier than many players :whitecheck:
3. Fogarty - was a failed Draft Pick at the start of the year ....we now see what he'll be for the next decade :whitecheck:
4. Berry - most footballers stall in year 2 ....Berry has taken his game to another level :whitecheck:
5. Laird - has to be AA Rep this year, superb 2 mtr player
6. Worrell - made a lot of mistakes, and showed his inexperience ....but there's a future for him, if he works hard :whitecheck:

BAD
1. Butts - has regressed, lacks upper body strength, and you never feel he's in control of his opponent ....gets beaten in the air far too often .....terrible kick, terrible decision maker ... hence why he never takes kickouts
2. Parnel - invisible
3. Milera - I've said all year, he's not an AFL FWD
4. Murphy - starts games well, but falls out of games too frequently
5. Jones & McHenry - almost games ....that's said far too often

6. Rowe - tried his guts out, but the AFL game's too quick for him
7. Doedee - terrible year, he's much better than what he's produced this year
8. Smith - just another of his frequent games, where he's lacked real investment in the contest

You cannot fumble at AFL level ...we had too many fumbling, too often

ROB ....you can't kick right footed ....WTF are you, on 2 occasions attempting to kick on your left foot .....and why aren't there players ALWAYS running past ROB when he gets the ball ?????

Who was supposed to providing the "run & bounce" of HB last night ???
I think you’re coming around to the fact we are a little bit shit.

Jones and McHenry weren’t almost games, they were shit because they are dud players, selected by Hamish.

Were you happy with Nicks coaching last night?

And how is that plan looking? Not as good after we beat scrubber teams and they weren’t convincing wins, hell look at what Gold Coast did to North, we made them look decent.

I think you’re coming around to the fact we are a little bit s**t.

Jones and McHenry weren’t almost games, they were s**t because they are dud players, selected by Hamish.

And how is that plan looking? Not as good after we beat scrubber teams and they weren’t convincing wins, hell look at what Gold Coast did to North, we made them look decent.
Young and developing side struggling toward the backend of the season when the senior players beside Laird and Walker has been sh*t or inconsistent all season, who would have thought. Beating an experience West Coast side in WA and Kennedy's final game with this young side late in the season deserve credit don't you think.

I think you’re coming around to the fact we are a little bit s**t.

Jones and McHenry weren’t almost games, they were s**t because they are dud players, selected by Hamish.

No I'm not .....we had a s*** night .....all clubs have them & will continue to have them

List build is going well .....again, your expectation with a full rebuild, is to win most games .....I don't get how you don't have a realistic view that a young team will:

a) not develop in a linear direction
b) players will chop & change thru that development phase

I've seen far more players improve this year, than remain stagnant ......Rowe & Crouch have been a staple in the side, now being made redundant .....Murphy & Sholl likely to follow suit

Nicks has coached well this year .....he's been playing tram track footy for most of the season ......ask yourself why ? there's a good reason !

Back