• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

McHenry, Murphy, Rowe and Keays up forward
What are we doing
Nicks obsession with scrappy triers will cost him his coaching career if he persists with this ridiculous set up and we end up 3-8 at the bye.

Agreed, at most you want one of these. You lose so much momentum when you have guys that can't finish.

I think in the right side Rowe is the best of that group as a small forward.

Keys is like Sloane to me, he is a pure midfielder and that's it. If he is not good enough for that then he doesn't make the side.

Murphy is not an AFL footballer and won't get any better.

I clearly recall warning the boosters not to see a good performance in a game lacking pressure and intensity as a meaningful sign.
Yeah you are right.

I just felt we needed to carry him through, if he can get the body right he is a potential elite player. Get some games into him this year.

I guess you can't carry such a guy when the guys around him are not much chop.

No coincidence the games he was ok, the rest of the team were playing well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't understand the selection of Parnell if we refuse to use his skills. Unless he's getting 20+ a game, he's a handicap on the side. Tries his guts out but is too small and not strong enough to defend at AFL level.

I don’t see it with Parnell at all

Who would you rather kick a goal to save your life Keays or ROB? It’s a tough decision. They need to take lessons on how to kick a football.
Set shot, RoB every day.

My four year old has a better action. But he kicks straight.

I don’t see it with Parnell at all
He did well against Ginnivan.

Being so small and young the grind of 10 plus games in a row has taken its toll physically.

Problem is we have no other small defender option. Brown cooked and MacPherson injured.

Tried Jones and he can't defend, as he has extremely low Footy IQ.

Not creative enough to try McHenry or Murphy.

Parnell will get there, but needs two more preseasons to develop the tank and hardness to play a full season at a top level.

Parnell was terrible last night, probably worst on, but a lot of first year players fall off towards the end of their first full season so I think it's fair enough to ignore that game and see how he goes next year.

Can see him becoming an unpopular player on this board in the next 12 months though once the 'new young player' shine wears off.

Bad
Our skill level, too many players who just butcher the footy.... Keays is our worst kick at the club, he just burns the footy

Ted's last month has been ordinary, he hasn't jumped at the footy at all, he is back to trying to wrestle opponents. He's a senior player and should know what works and does not work for him

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good
I'm liking the way RT is jumping at the footy, he looks dangerous around the footy

He just needs to get some continuity into his game

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks far more comfortable between the arcs than up forward.

The grabs he took around wing, ie Ruck bail out kick from HB and the little taps/handballs to move the ball forward were pretty good.

Yeah he can play forward, but he does not have the forward nous Tex and Fog have.

He really is a 202cm midfielder. Almost a shame he is that big. 10cm shorter we are talking the next Bont or Fyfe.

Lead the game with 5 Contested Marks.

I don't understand the selection of Parnell if we refuse to use his skills. Unless he's getting 20+ a game, he's a handicap on the side. Tries his guts out but is too small and not strong enough to defend at AFL level.
Spot on, you’d think his selection would at least release Dawson up the field, yet we still give it to Dawson at every opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien kicks the ball like a centre from the Croation Premier Basketball League who is being shown a non-round sports ball for the first time in his life, and it's staggering how someone with skills like that can have a professional contract.
It's not just O'Brien. Most of the Crows have low skill levels.
Keays kicked the ball to Aliir's chest twice in the first half as if they were teammates. It was certainly more often than he found the chest of another Crow.

The Crows have five kinds of kicks:
--- ootf (way too often for an AFL side)
--- the short grubber which puts a mate under pressure, or goes behind/over him
--- the kick under no pressure to an unmarked oppo player's chest (see: Aliir, above)
--- the extremely rare, minority kick that finds a forward on a lead
--- the well-known high bomb ("Hey Tex/Fog, catch this if you can!").

Their handballing is just as bad.

It's absolutely insane isn't it. Even my British girlfriend who had never watched a game in her life watched it with me this morning and was like "wtf is up with that guy, he looks like he is moving in slow motion".
There's a gif of O'Brien running in the Oxford online Dictionary, under "lumbering".

He will only get stronger but I agree he needs to be using his kick into our forward 50. Why does Nick's not use our best kicks such as Dawson delivering into our forward line when we are so bloody wasteful with our entries.

The game highlighted once again a few things:

Parnell - not ready yet, needs to significantly build up if we are to play him at HB. Should be playing Davis it Jones in his place

O'Brien - should not be allowed to kick the ball. Why we haven't played Strauchan or tried Frampton as a ruck is beyond me. One is clearly more skilled and the second is the most skilled and if he could be a half decent tap it's an improvement.

Davis - controversial, but I would play him at HB, give him another year and play both Hinge and Dawson further up the ground.

Keays - has been moved out of the middle which is great, with Laird, Berry and Schoey now first choice. BUT, playing elsewhere, does he give any quality like Taylor could?

Ned - see Keays

The game highlighted once again a few things:

Parnell - not ready yet, needs to significantly build up if we are to play him at HB. Should be playing Davis it Jones in his place

O'Brien - should not be allowed to kick the ball. Why we haven't played Strauchan or tried Frampton as a ruck is beyond me. One is clearly more skilled and the second is the most skilled and if he could be a half decent tap it's an improvement.

Davis - controversial, but I would play him at HB, give him another year and play both Hinge and Dawson further up the ground.

Keays - has been moved out of the middle which is great, with Laird, Berry and Schoey now first choice. BUT, playing elsewhere, does he give any quality like Taylor could?

Ned - see Keays
Davis will be off our list shortly. The bloke is garbage.

For anyone that went, did the port MC bully crows supporting kids in the half time show again? I see he’s now crying about it on Instagram

Mental health stuff aside, I find it quite interesting that they bristle at the mention of being Port Power, yet every time he mentions us in his video he calls us "The other South Australian team."

Can't comment on Jones, but McAsey was at 6 - 10 in half a dozen of the recognized phantom drafts. He was clearly the pick of the KPPs in that draft.
Recruiting is a problematic exercise - hindsight criticism is as easy as knocking off North Melbourne!!
I do think a bit of care is needed when relying on those phantoms. Blokes like that Twomey are just looking to predict the order, and with how many times he gets it right he’s probably got some inside words.

Better to go back at look at power rankings and those blokes who do rookie me central had McAsey outside the 10 and said someone might take a chance on him top 10 but more likely teens.

Interesting they had young Worrell at 14 with top 10 potential.

Back