• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A sincere thanks to the Adelaide Football Club, its players, coaches and supporters for the class you showed towards Robbie Gray tonight on his retirement.
It takes two clubs and sets of supporters to create a genuine rivalry. I can only speak on behalf of myself that some of the comments in the lead up to the game were surprisingly inaccurate in my opinion.

Definitely felt like McAdam was a big loss tonight, gives that dynamic edge to our forward half and can create chances even from poor entries. Milera wasn’t even close to it.
McAdam and Fog our most improved this year.

And for the same reason. Work rate.

No doubt Darren Burgess influence.

Both played lazy Football prior to this year. Both highly talented.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A sincere thanks to the Adelaide Football Club, its players, coaches and supporters for the class you showed towards Robbie Gray tonight on his retirement.
It takes two clubs and sets of supporters to create a genuine rivalry. I can only speak on behalf of myself that some of the comments in the lead up to the game were surprisingly inaccurate in my opinion.
Robbie Gray is champion and deserves to be applauded for his great career. He is silky and a class player.

The comments will not be forgotten.

A few Port people up and about in the main board gameday thread, surely none of them want Ken to stick around so what does boasting about that win actually achieve?

Nah. The output from the youngsters (25 and below) this year vs last is far greater. Clear transition, particularly in the second half of the year, from old fellas carrying the young guys to young guys dragging the old fellas along.

We had 4 guys over 25 (5 with McAdam but he's not really experienced) playing in the last month of the year (smith and O'brien being mostly useless) and looked much better than last year for all but the second half tonight. Schoenberg and Butts were just about the only young guys pulling their weight this time last year.

Don't think theres any argument what so ever to say we regressed, we are clearly better placed now than last year.

EDIT: For reference we had 10 players over 25 when we beat Melbourne last year.
Problem is a lot of them stink

Season ended with a whimper. Some positives for the year but at least there won't be any back-slapping heading in to this offseason. We need an excellent trade and draft period, and we need to be ruthless with players that simply won't make it.

We're a long way off.
Would be the most un Crows thing to do, but here’s hoping.

A lot of the players we're basing the rebuild on suck horribly.
What hurts even more than having players who suck is having players who suck but the coaches think they're great

Then you're stuck with them for years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants game was way worse than that performance
Yeah this was our second worse performance after that one. At least this game we had done decent pressure for 1.5 qtrs. Played horribly though.

Think it was almost all played bad except Soligo and fog. TT had some nice moments.

Midfield was a no show.

Bad end to the year.

No doubt your club which has spent all week advancing phony grievances against a club that's missed finals five straight years would do the same.

A lot? Surely you don't mean Berry, Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Butts, Soligo, Rachele, Worrell, Parnell and Schoenberg. With Taylor, Newchurch and Gollant in the waiting.

You're including players the club doesn't rate

McHerny in the first half reminded me of Matt Crouch

Sure, disposals are "effective" but they just sell his teammates into trouble. All it was doing is leading to a stoppage 1 further link up the chain.

Tex’s last month or so is why he only gets a 1 year contract. Should almost be a Play 3 rest 1 for next year
Even in his last 4 games he went at a 2 goal average.

Honestly think he's fine to do it but understand giving games to others (like the WCE one which was pointed out). Games like tonight are so hard for our forwards to have any real impact as we just boot it high and long down the wing which makes it so easy for the opposition backline to set up and counter (any teams that have that defender that actively tries to read the play always clean up on us - Alir, Stewart, McGovern etc). Fogarty shined taking a couple of amazing grabs, short of those and he had the same struggles as Tex and Thilthorpe.

Outside of the game v WCE he's been fairly consistent with the form of the rest of the team.

McHerny in the first half reminded me of Matt Crouch

Sure, disposals are "effective" but they just sell his teammates into trouble. All it was doing is leading to a stoppage 1 further link up the chain.
I hope Nick's rewatches that match numerous times and his golden boy is never to be seen again at AFL level. Any games invested in him are wasted.

Last edited:

Thanks mate. Its a great rivalry. I hated Robbie with a passion, I wont lie. But its because he was so good. He would be one of the best players to ever play the game not just at Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back