• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even in his last 4 games he went at a 2 goal average.

Honestly think he's fine to do it but understand giving games to others (like the WCE one which was pointed out). Games like tonight are so hard for our forwards to have any real impact as we just boot it high and long down the wing which makes it so easy for the opposition backline to set up and counter (any teams that have that defender that actively tries to read the play always clean up on us - Alir, Stewart, McGovern etc). Fogarty shined taking a couple of amazing grabs, short of those and he had the same struggles as Tex and Thilthorpe.

Outside of the game v WCE he's been fairly consistent with the form of the rest of the team.
The kick to space I50 would have been brilliant if Rachele or McAdam were on the end of it. But it was Murphy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The kick to space I50 would have been brilliant if Rachele or McAdam were on the end of it. But it was Murphy.

The game where Keays kicked 4 was off the back of this, was almost a flashback to our ball movement from 2015-2017 where we outran the players. Glad to see we quickly put a stop to that for the most part since.

The Murray hitout last in the 4th quarter was refreshing from the middle, along with the ripper grab he had. Not sure if he's capable of doing much in the ruck or just due to Port not playing one.

Murray has a lot of potential imo. I think he has an ability to be alot like Chad Cornes. Just needs to grow his game. But could be a genuine star for the club.

In all reality thats the nature of a rebuild. We have probably 50% of players on the field now that aren't genuine best 22 in a top 4 side.

Jones and McAsey both had elite attributes in their bios and were drafted in positions most expected, stop rewriting history to suit a narrative. Galucci was the only genuine reach that came from nowhere.

A lot of players drafted in the positions that many expect them to be drafted in end up being busts.

And that rightly costs recruiters their jobs, because it’s literally their job to not draft busts. Nobody cares if Fischer McAsey was widely tipped to go in the top 10-12 picks. It has now been established that he’s shit and has no AFL future. Hamish’s job is to draft players who aren’t shit and do have an AFL future. Here’s some of his first round handywork.

Milera
Gallucci
Jones
McHenry
And of course, McAsey

5 of the most disastrous first round picks in recent memory, considering what else was available. I feel too sick to list all of the potential all Australians we passed on in favour of this crud.

Pedlar would want to have a pretty damn good 2023 or he’ll be firmly on the first round bust pile too. I don’t care that he’s been injured a lot - that was a factor prior to him being drafted. Maybe don’t draft someone at pick 11 who could barely get on the park at age 17?

During this time period, we’ve also taken Fogarty, Doedee, Thilthorpe, Rachele and Cook in the first round.

Fogarty has been a slow burn, which can happen with key position players, but he’s now there. Tick.

Doedee is a pass mark as a late first rounder, but Jesus he was disappointing in the latter half of this year and his penchant for falling over is starting to get ridiculous. Also a 188cm defender with poor kicking skills is a bizarre choice for a first round pick. Half tick.

Too early to tell on the other 3 at this point, but Thilthorpe was the first pick of the entire open draft so you’d want to be able to find someone there!

First round picks should be the absolute cream of your squad. Of the last 11 first rounders we’ve drafted (all listed above), 7 aren’t in our best 18 when the whole squad is fit, including one who has already been delisted, and another who is not even in the best 15 players in our SANFL side. 4 of the 11 are just absolutely shit footballers who have no chance of being consistent AFL performers.

Hamish’s (and friends) blatant lack of foresight and inability to identify major flaws in the games of more than half of these first round picks is a major factor in this.

We have only stayed out of priority pick territory because our second round picks are infinitely better than our first rounders throughout that same time period.

Final thought: of those last 11 first round picks, how many look like being full time AFL quality midfielders? The answer is absolutely zero. The first rounder we took before these 11 was Lever. Prior to that, we had draft sanctions. Prior to that, we’re talking Sam Kerridge and Brodie Smith (more failed midfielders).

I wonder how many other clubs have zero of their last 14 first round picks playing in the guts of their AFL side, and then wondering why things like the quality of delivery into the forward line are a consistent issue.

It’s a farce.

The Murray hitout last in the 4th quarter was refreshing from the middle, along with the ripper grab he had. Not sure if he's capable of doing much in the ruck or just due to Port not playing one.
Think Murray to play forward next year, he should be the guy that replaces tex when tex retires.

Recruit a KPD with our second round pick
Reccruit an elite line breaking mid

Murphy, McHenry , Rowe to play sanfl or traded

I'm a Keays supporter, but he was absolutely awful. It was his worst game for the year with nothing positive.
I'm a Keays fan, too, but it's waning. Quickly.

That miss in the first 1/4 in a game of that importance was diabolical.
Kick that and everyone lifts.

Think Murray to play forward next year, he should be the guy that replaces tex when tex retires.

The mark he took makes you want to see it but I think we're too top heavy up forward with TT/Fog/Tex along with Gollant pushing for a spot.

Would love to have one of our big defenders willing to take the game on in the back half and take the intercept marks that other teams bigs to that eat us up. Our in recent years have been too defensive minded with no counter punch, haven't had anyone that's done it for us since Bock really.

ugly: drafting

chayce jones has 58 games and is related below average in every stat grouping on afl.com. one game with 20 touches. come on now, enough is enough. he doesnt even do anything average.

mchenry is a trier, i wont question that. it's everything else that is an absolute let down.

we have so many skinny, slight footballer who all play between the arcs who get bullied physically. even our older players, how was that contest where spp bullied brodie smith physically? we dont have any big bodied midfielders and i hope we at least put some size on in the off season, and we desperately need to take one in the draft. how many sub 185cm 85kg blokes can one club possibly have/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd have a crack to keep the fire between us ignited. God knows we need it. Thanks for all you Crows supporters for turning up tonight. It was an amazing crowd. Really really good crowd.
Now go back to your forum and correct some of the posters who called Fogarty fat and lazy and is a one trick pony since they would have saw all the different goals he kicked tonight which we were seeing in the second half of the season and placed him on the list of best key forward of the competition.

My Summation of the night was this.

We played right into Ports hand by ignoring the comments and choosing the good guy routine. I thought the game was disappointing. No one flew the flag for the club and to me it just felt like we just let Port insult us and have their way. We just wanted to look classy. No one would have blamed us for drawing a line in the sand. I'm not asking for fist fights and for players to get hurt, but damn, at least stick up for ourselves. I don't blame young players for just playing the game but for the senior players to just roll over is inexcusable. If Nicks told them to not retaliate, thats inexcusable. The senior players looked like shit all night. Did Nicks kill their want to stick up for the club?

Brennan Cox?

My Summation of the night was this.

We played right into Ports hand by ignoring the comments and choosing the good guy routine. I thought the game was disappointing. No one flew the flag for the club and to me it just felt like we just let Port insult us and have their way. We just wanted to look classy. No one would have blamed us for drawing a line in the sand. I'm not asking for fist fights and for players to get hurt, but damn, at least stick up for ourselves. I don't blame young players for just playing the game but for the senior players to just roll over is inexcusable. If Nicks told them to not retaliate, thats inexcusable. The senior players looked like s**t all night. Did Nicks kill their want to stick up for the club?
Where is this coming from? I didn't noticed any Port Power players snipping us, our players even laid some tackles which were borderline dangerous tackle free.

Where is this coming from? I didn't noticed any Port Power players snipping us, our players even laid some tackles which were borderline dangerous tackle free.
Didn't hear the Jonas, Wines or Byrne-Jones comments during the week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back