• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray's been tried forward multiple times after kicking a goal when thrown forward late in last years thrashing from GWS.

He has registered a grand total of zero scoring shots since then.
He's spent less than 20 minutes forward in total during his career, only ever being tried there when we're sucking immensely and losing by a mile

Noted that too. Butts asked for a trade? Hard to see why we'd be interested otherwise.

No the reality is that our ‘team defensive’ stuff is so bad that we allow so many inside 50’s. It’s the whole team outside the D50 that lacks the frenetic pressure that makes teams cough the ball up. We have huge pressure around the stoppages and centre clearances, but once it gets out of there we’re slow as fu(k

We’re never going to win a game consistently conceding 60+ inside 50’s

But once it goes inside 50 we have two absolutely plonker KPD’s who don’t know what to do with themselves if the ball goes to ground (or out the back) once they attempted their singular objective to spoil the ball like some defender transported from the 70’s

Both our KPD’s in Butts and Murray are not, I repeat they are NOT, modern KPD’s in that they have other weapons to their game other than mind-numbing spoiling…

We can manage one of those, because there will always be a straight-up modern KPF to defend, but we can’t keep two on our books.

Meanwhile we have a 201cm defender racking up 32 possessions in the SANFL???

Bizarre.

Brennan Cox?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100%

Does anyone remember Murray clunking marks up forward last year?? He played a quarter up forward and got two marks, and we bizarrely never persisted with him up forward again. This bloke absolutely has the instinct to attack the ball and take a mark.

Shows a bazillion more promise up forward than McAsey…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, they were directed directly at the club.

The club = supporters/players and staff...
Those were stupid statements by them then. They do know the club is bigger than any supporters, players and staff so how can you lump them together is beyond me. Hence, I thought they just meant us supporters.

These players should never be best 22 ever again and we should avoid selecting them at all costs.

Ned McHenry - one of the worst first round picks in our history. Simply does not have any attributes of a first round selection and if he wasn't he'd be struggling to get a game at any club in the AFL. I can maybe forgive first rounders that had top end attributes that failed, but Ned isn't that, he just has no AFL level qualities. Terrible player and disgusting he is contracted for 2 more years.

Lachlan Murphy - a well below average midfielder playing forward who occasionally plays well against historically bad AFL sides but fails spectacularly on the regular against any side that's even remotely reasonable. His stints in the midfield are only passable because no other team in the AFL pays any attention to him and why would they, he sucks.

James Rowe - immune to kicking goals at AFL level and literally offers nothing else. Like Murphy he occasionally gets touches in the midfield because no other team would ever consider putting time in to stop him. A small forward that doesn't kick goals and doesn't pressure is useless at AFL level and should never be selected ever again, the easiest delist you'll ever see

Chayce Jones - has had four years in the system and appears to struggle to understand what AFL looks like. A hard player who does one or two strong defensive actions a game but offers zero in any other facet. When he's on the field he looks surprised he is there, and he should be, because he's not good enough and a huge draft fail.

Wayne Milera - a lazy footballer with no position to hide on the field. As a forward he offers effectively zero and as a defender he is never accountable and doesn't apply pressure. Once or twice a match he shows the skill level an AFL footballer should have which is often confused with him having elite skills, I guess because the average skill level of our squad is woeful. His contract is criminally long and we should salary dump him on North or Hawthorn.

Matt Crouch - he didn't play today but if he remains on the list (which he absolutely should not) then we mustn't be seduced by his training form, which everyone knows will be good as he's an experienced senior player in a very young squad. His type of play is no longer effective at AFL level and selecting him ever again would actively harm the team and our developing players.

Players that need a rocket shoved far up their ass

Brodie Smith - abysmal year, basically career worst. Playing like a guy that knows he will never win a flag so is going through the motions with two years left on his contract, he does not give a ****. Get ball, long kick to no one without thinking, repeat. Should be turfed and retired if he doesn't want to put in the effort to make AFL standard decisions.

Tom Doedee - lesson: don't play injured, because you're shit at it. Deciding to push through with an injury for months while Worrell sits in the twos was a terrible decision and really disappointing from a supposed leader of the club

Harry Schoenberg - if you play like the majority of the year you won't make it and you won't have the money to (allegedly) party your ass off. Take the job seriously.

Reilly O'Brien - just because you have a long contract we never should have given you, doesn't mean you can dish up pathetic garbage for most of the year. It's ridiculous to request working on the basic fundamentals of the game like kicking and marking but here we are. Performing well once or twice a season is disgraceful for a senior player.

Reilly O'Brien - just because you have a long contract we never should have given you, doesn't mean you can dish up pathetic garbage for most of the year. It's ridiculous to request working on the basic fundamentals of the game like kicking and marking but here we are. Performing well once or twice a season is disgraceful for a senior player.
O'Brien kicks the ball like a centre from the Croation Premier Basketball League who is being shown a non-round sports ball for the first time in his life, and it's staggering how someone with skills like that can have a professional contract.

O'Brien kicks the ball like a centre from the Croation Premier Basketball League who is being shown a non-round sports ball for the first time in his life, and it's staggering how someone with skills like that can have a professional contract.

It's absolutely insane isn't it. Even my British girlfriend who had never watched a game in her life watched it with me this morning and was like "wtf is up with that guy, he looks like he is moving in slow motion".

Hamish Ogilvie has a lot to answer for.

We are in this position from him making
Gallucci
Jones
McHenry
McCasey

First round draft picks.

None of these guys had outstanding attributes in their draft bios and I suspect that all the phantom draft experts only included some of these guys in first round prediction calculations as they get wind we are into them.

Doubt any other club makes these guys first round draftees.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Add to that Pedler pick 11, Milera also a first rounder , Ned a pick 16 . If only half of them turned into B graders but none are even B- at this stage .

Last edited:
These players should never be best 22 ever again and we should avoid selecting them at all costs.

Ned McHenry - one of the worst first round picks in our history. Simply does not have any attributes of a first round selection and if he wasn't he'd be struggling to get a game at any club in the AFL. I can maybe forgive first rounders that had top end attributes that failed, but Ned isn't that, he just has no AFL level qualities. Terrible player and disgusting he is contracted for 2 more years.

Lachlan Murphy - a well below average midfielder playing forward who occasionally plays well against historically bad AFL sides but fails spectacularly on the regular against any side that's even remotely reasonable. His stints in the midfield are only passable because no other team in the AFL pays any attention to him and why would they, he sucks.

James Rowe - immune to kicking goals at AFL level and literally offers nothing else. Like Murphy he occasionally gets touches in the midfield because no other team would ever consider putting time in to stop him. A small forward that doesn't kick goals and doesn't pressure is useless at AFL level and should never be selected ever again, the easiest delist you'll ever see

Chayce Jones - has had four years in the system and appears to struggle to understand what AFL looks like. A hard player who does one or two strong defensive actions a game but offers zero in any other facet. When he's on the field he looks surprised he is there, and he should be, because he's not good enough and a huge draft fail.

Wayne Milera - a lazy footballer with no position to hide on the field. As a forward he offers effectively zero and as a defender he is never accountable and doesn't apply pressure. Once or twice a match he shows the skill level an AFL footballer should have which is often confused with him having elite skills, I guess because the average skill level of our squad is woeful. His contract is criminally long and we should salary dump him on North or Hawthorn.

Matt Crouch - he didn't play today but if he remains on the list (which he absolutely should not) then we mustn't be seduced by his training form, which everyone knows will be good as he's an experienced senior player in a very young squad. His type of play is no longer effective at AFL level and selecting him ever again would actively harm the team and our developing players.

Players that need a rocket shoved far up their ass

Brodie Smith - abysmal year, basically career worst. Playing like a guy that knows he will never win a flag so is going through the motions with two years left on his contract, he does not give a *. Get ball, long kick to no one without thinking, repeat. Should be turfed and retired if he doesn't want to put in the effort to make AFL standard decisions.

Tom Doedee - lesson: don't play injured, because you're s**t at it. Deciding to push through with an injury for months while Worrell sits in the twos was a terrible decision and really disappointing from a supposed leader of the club

Harry Schoenberg - if you play like the majority of the year you won't make it and you won't have the money to (allegedly) party your ass off. Take the job seriously.

Chayce Jones and McHenry are a perfect example that developing players involves a hell of lot more than just playing them for 50 games. Both players are around the 50 game mark and how many times have we seen ever a glimmer of something special from them?..... Absolutely zero

As much as I am not a fan of Murphy at least he actually sometimes can have an impact on a game, which to me puts him a mile ahead of McHenry. Next year with Rachelle and Rankine, he should be playing a majority of the year in the SANFL.

I am also more than happy to trade Rowe to the Bulldogs if they want him. The only thing Rowe knew how to do well was to duck into tackles to milk a free kick and now that the AFL have clamped down on it, he's as good as useless.

What I can't work out with Milera was that there was a patch around 2018 or 2019 where Milera was playing some really impressive football, but all traces of that player are now completely gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt your club which has spent all week advancing phony grievances against a club that's missed finals five straight years would do the same.
You make a very fair point, there's a huge division between Port Adelaide and its own supporter base at the moment. The comments regarding arrogance and self entitlement are comments that our own supporters (including myself) have directed at our own club with last year's Preliminary Final debacle a prime example of a group of players getting ahead of themselves.
I enjoy a level of healthy banter between both clubs and supporters but honestly felt that not only were comments about your club inaccurate but it unfortunately over shadowed Robbie Gray's retirement during the week.
That was rectified on the night thankfully for which your club, players and supporters showed a level of class that helped contribute to sending Robbie Gray off with a very special memory, again nothing but thanks and praise.

What proof is there that Milera “sees the game well”? Skill? Maybe, but I never get the sense he sees the game, mostly because for long stretches of almost every game you don’t see him at all.

Easy to see the game well if you are never near the ball.

I don’t get it with Milera. Such a non entity.

He has looked good at times, but that’s only been when intensity levels are low. Has been awful when game is hot. Still, first year back after 2 off, hopefully another preseason sees him back to his peak. Anything less and he’s a passenger. But we tend to prefer carrying senior passengers ahead of developing the future.

Last edited:
We looked awful after half time, Ports pressure was very good and we just couldn't get any momentum.

I don't think we should read too much into tonight's performance, Port just wanted it more, this is like their grand final every year.

I still think we have made progress this year and we are heading in the right direction. We still have quite a bit of dead wood we need to move on, but the core is there of a good side. We just need to add more classy players this off season, and we need to do whatever we can to keep our first pick and draft the best mid available.

Yep, you learn a lot more when smoking the shittest teams ever than you do when an opponent brings heat and quality. Nothing to learn from a loss. So AFC.

He has looked good at times, but that’s only been even intensity levels are low. Has been awful when game is hot. Still, first year back after 2 off, hopefully another preseason sees him back to his peak. Anything less and he’s a passenger. But we tend to prefer carrying senior passengers ahead of developing the future.

Lets see what happens with him in 2023 because I’ll take no notice of what happens with a player who goes into the last year of their 5 year contract.

I’m thinking we should trade him and pay part of his salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back