• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this was our second worse performance after that one. At least this game we had done decent pressure for 1.5 qtrs. Played horribly though.

Think it was almost all played bad except Soligo and fog. TT had some nice moments.

Midfield was a no show.

Bad end to the year.

Where does the Hawks game rank??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We're too dumb to freshen Tex up when needed

We dragged him across to Perth FFS to play a meaningless dead rubber against a two win team

Ultimately we're just very, very stupid.

We'll keep doing stupid things and won't learn anything from our mistakes

Tex should not have been re-contracted until after the season had concluded. If he left, good luck to him. But you look back on his season and his very good form was a long time ago and we’d have actually been better off getting games into Gollant the last few games. Now we’ve got him, probably on good coin and after a good start again, he’ll deteriorate badly next year. And we are dumb, so he won’t be rested enough and he’ll never be dropped.

No-one can reasonably justify this game as a reasonable effort .....it was simply a terrible performance & exposed a few issues

GOOD
1. Thilthorpe - a 2nd year KPF, his improvement in contested marking has been dramatic on year 1 :whitecheck:
2. Soligo - just a smart footballer, who doesn't panic & see's things earlier than many players :whitecheck:
3. Fogarty - was a failed Draft Pick at the start of the year ....we now see what he'll be for the next decade :whitecheck:
4. Berry - most footballers stall in year 2 ....Berry has taken his game to another level :whitecheck:
5. Laird - has to be AA Rep this year, superb 2 mtr player
6. Worrell - made a lot of mistakes, and showed his inexperience ....but there's a future for him, if he works hard :whitecheck:

BAD
1. Butts - has regressed, lacks upper body strength, and you never feel he's in control of his opponent ....gets beaten in the air far too often .....terrible kick, terrible decision maker ... hence why he never takes kickouts
2. Parnel - invisible
3. Milera - I've said all year, he's not an AFL FWD
4. Murphy - starts games well, but falls out of games too frequently
5. Jones & McHenry - almost games ....that's said far too often

6. Rowe - tried his guts out, but the AFL game's too quick for him
7. Doedee - terrible year, he's much better than what he's produced this year
8. Smith - just another of his frequent games, where he's lacked real investment in the contest

You cannot fumble at AFL level ...we had too many fumbling, too often

ROB ....you can't kick right footed ....WTF are you, on 2 occasions attempting to kick on your left foot .....and why aren't there players ALWAYS running past ROB when he gets the ball ?????

Who was supposed to providing the "run & bounce" of HB last night ???

Last edited:
Tex should not have been re-contracted until after the season had concluded. If he left, good luck to him. But you look back on his season and his very good form was a long time ago and we’d have actually been better off getting games into Gollant the last few games. Now we’ve got him, probably on good coin and after a good start again, he’ll deteriorate badly next year. And we are dumb, so he won’t be rested enough and he’ll never be dropped.

Really?

So his performances against Collingwood, Sydney and Carlton (Rounds 18-20) were shit?

You don’t need to drop Walker to play Gollant. We have McHenry, Murphy and Rowe. Take your pick of any of these to drop.

Walker actually provides leadership out there and is obvious each game. Our actual leaders - O’Brien, Keays and Smith - don’t provide any sort of leadership on the field.

I hope walker has performance clauses but I doubt it. We have Sloane spudding it up next year as well.

I hope walker has performance clauses but I doubt it. We have Sloane spudding it up next year as well.

I’m sorry but how many forwards over the years since Modra have we seen average 2.6 goals per game over a season?

Taylor produced that this year. He can go again but not every game. Have him rest every 3rd or 4th game.

I’m sorry but how many forwards over the years since Modra have we seen average 2.6 goals per game over a season?

Taylor produced that this year. He can go again but not every game. Have him rest every 3rd or 4th game.
I think the first 6 games you will get some very good performances out of walker but I think they should only play him for half the matches after that to keep him fresh. There is certain opponents he does very poorly against so those weeks he needs to be rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the first 6 games you will get some very good performances out of walker but I think they should only play him for half the matches after that to keep him fresh. There is certain opponents he does very poorly against so those weeks he needs to be rested.
Tex is more needed than you think.

Aliir goes to Tex, which helps TT and Fog.

Without him, last night could have been worse.

Tex is more needed than you think.

Aliir goes to Tex, which helps TT and Fog.

Without him, last night could have been worse.
We need to start developing Gollant or if he doesn't come on we need to look to the trade table for another tall. Next year will be walkers final year imo. It's time for Himmelberg and Thilthorpe to consistently deliver as well. The problem with Walker isn't his ability, it's his body which gets exposed the longer the season goes on. Keeping him fresh should help him.

Really?

So his performances against Collingwood, Sydney and Carlton (Rounds 18-20) were s**t?

You don’t need to drop Walker to play Gollant. We have McHenry, Murphy and Rowe. Take your pick of any of these to drop.

Walker actually provides leadership out there and is obvious each game. Our actual leaders - O’Brien, Keays and Smith - don’t provide any sort of leadership on the field.

Makes us too slow and pressureless with 4 talls in our 50. Tex has played 1 good game the last handful. In a supposedly developing list, it’s not good enough. I’d have extended him for sure, but he’d have known he might be playing 2s or getting multi-week freshen ups and he’d have been on modest coin. Extending him when we did was stupidity.

Same next year when Sloane plays a couple of good games and we start hearing how he wants to re-sign and other clubs are chasing him.

Last edited:
If Rowe is gone, why not play Cook or Pedlar or Taylor instead??
Cook has looked ordinary the back end of the year. Don't know what's going on but he isn't developing as quickly as he should be. Needs a big offseason. Gollant, Newchurch, Taylor should play around 15 games next year. Pedlar needs a massive preseason and next year is make or break for him. I think our forward line with McAdam, Rachele, Rankine?, Fogarty, Gollant/Himmelberg, Thilthorpe, Newchurch/Pedlar should be fairly exciting. I think Walker will play around 12-13 games if his form holds up. We must get Rowe, McHenry, Murphy out of our forward line.

Last edited:
Makes us too slow and pressureless with 4 talls in our 50. Tex has played 1 good game the last handful. In a supposedly developing list, it’s not good enough. I’d have extended him for sure, but he’d have known he might be playing 2s or getting multi-week freshen ups and he’d have been on modest coin. Extending him when we did was stupidity.

Same next year when Sloane plays a couple of good games and we start hearing how he wasn’t to re-sign and other clubs are chasing him.

Doubt Sloane will play more than a handful of games next year coming off a knee reconstruction. Final year of his contract and at age 33 heading into the season. It will be his final year.

We can use his big $$$ contract to go free agent pickup in 2024. Actually just looking at the RFA and UFA for 2024 - slim pickings (other than Brennan Cox).

Last edited:
Phew, glad that is over.

Smith
McHenry
Rowe
Milera
Keays
Hinge

My god they were bad.

Fog
Soligo
Berry
Doedee
Worrell
Thilthorpe
Jones
Dawson
Butts
Laird

All fine.

I can see the skeleton of something decent in there.

I’d rather our list than Powers going into 2023, especially after we add Rankine. I’d also take Nicks over Hinkley every single day.

Another rebuilding year behind us, only time will tell if it was good base building Year or a wasted opportunity.

Doubt Sloane will play more than a handful of games next year coming off a knee reconstruction. Final year of his contract and at age 33 heading into the season. It will be his final year.

We can use his big $$$ contract to go free agent pickup in 2024. Actually just looking at the RFA and UFA for 2024 - slim pickings (other than Brennan Cox).

Sloane has said he’s freshened up beautifully and expects to play a key role next year and a couple more after that. Sloane will play every game he puts his hand up for, which will be every game. And as soon as he’s had a couple of ok games, we’ll be hearing about his lack of contract and interest from other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back