Geelong are cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregson came in as Hunt went. Bookmark that Lang with time will be a star mate, believe me.
I would've kept Hunt and removed that spud Smedts he could kick 2 goals a week at Carlton with Jones.

I don't pretend to kow much about Geelong young players hence I. Asking

But apparently they were good enough to piss off hunt

I don't know about cooked, but when was the last time the Cats lost three games in a row? counting the last two from last year of course.

If you watched every game on the weekend you wouldn't think Geelong are on the slide.

Hawthorn just have an unfair advantage because they are running 2 books for their player payments, or their players (including recruits) are taking pay cuts to play for them. The AFL do need to look at the salary cap because it obviously doesn't work. Hawthorn could stay at the top forever if players just say I'll take a pay cut and move there as a free agent. It's just stupid.

If you watched every game on the weekend you wouldn't think Geelong are on the slide.

Hawthorn just have an unfair advantage because they are running 2 books for their player payments, or their players (including recruits) are taking pay cuts to play for them. The AFL do need to look at the salary cap because it obviously doesn't work. Hawthorn could stay at the top forever if players just say I'll take a pay cut and move there as a free agent. It's just stupid.

You mean like Buddy?

Didn't Hunt hurt a shoulder or something a couple of years ago? He took a while to recover from it and then went through a form slump. The abruptness with which he fell out of favour was weird, though, so maybe something went on behind closed doors that we don't know about but he was a gun a few years back. He carved up our small forwards that's for sure.

Didn't Hunt hurt a shoulder or something a couple of years ago? He took a while to recover from it and then went through a form slump. The abruptness with which he fell out of favour was weird, though, so maybe something went on behind closed doors that we don't know about but he was a gun a few years back. He carved up our small forwards that's for sure.
He was never the same after his shoulder injury.Prior to that he was a regular in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have signed 1 free agent in our entire history while losing 5 including arguably the best player in the game but ok

Seeing them live today Geelong were completely destroyed on the outside by pace. Non-competitive after quarter time. Enright, Kelly, Bartel all looked very slow out there. Just based on footy smarts they may still sneak into the eight, but nowhere near a premiership contender

I dont think cooked... Hawks were that much hungrier then the cats.. stranger things have happened though and the premiership can be won by anyone.

I dont think cooked... Hawks were that much hungrier then the cats.. stranger things have happened though and the premiership can be won by anyone.
That's the thing, though. Geelong has for the last seven years matched the Hawks for that hunger, but you couldn't even at least match them for that. If you can't get up for your nemesis, then who can you get up for?

First Round is no clear barometer on anything. It looked more like a fitness issue as their first qtr and a bit was highly competitive.

I was thinking a smarter coach. I think Clarkson changed a few things up and Scott didn't have an answer.

Not sure a team can be unfit enough to only last a quarter, or lose that much skill during the quarter time break.

That's what I'm hoping given Collingwood would have well over $1m to throw at him.
I respect the Danger, but please, don't get silly about it. Sometimes you need to pay more than market rates for what you need in a side, but anything close to $1 million for a one-in-a-dozen midfielder? Leave that insanity to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back