Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird to talk about our kids after that. We left the fringe ones out and Bruhn was injured. Our older players deserved one last crack. They failed and the cliff has come fast.

I'll be disappointed if we don't move out some struggling older players now and look to get more games into the youngsters that have shown a bit this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be too long & the Cats will be out of the 8 imo.

Their performance against was where they were truly at.
This week

Win lose or draw, one of Freo/GC will move above the Cats
Melbourne just need to beat North by 20pts+ or so and the Cats drop to 9th

I don't particulary agree with the premise of the thread but in saying that you can't use a player who retired years ago as an example of Geelong being able to develop players.
The OP said we have an ‘abysmal’ record of it.

“Abysmal” is quite a strong word that entirely suggests it’s a very old and ongoing problem, not just a recent development.

He even mentioned Tim Kelly who we developed fantastically and he left Geelong a year before Ablett retired.

I guess the OP needs to clarify what years he’s choosing to use as the parameter here otherwise it’s nothing more than a cherry picked timeframe to try and troll.

Geelong have little younger talent, they are looking at a few years in the doldrums. The current group are not good enough by a long way.
Hopefully some years out of the 8 will finally provide us with some better picks to snare some solid youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back