Remove this Banner Ad

VFL side vs Essendon at Simonds on Sunday at 1pm

Backs: Zach Guthrie, Timm House, Matthew Hayball

Half-backs: Mark O'Connor, Jackson Thurlow, Tom Ruggles

Centres: Jordan Cunico, Sam McLachlan, Daniel Capiron

Half-forwards: Sam Simpson, Sam Dobson, Jamaine Jones

Forwards: Jack Henry, Aaron Black, Ryan Gardner

Followers: Ryan Abbott, Tom Atkins, Darcy Lang

Interchange: Josh Guthrie, James Gow, Jai Thompson, Mitch Patten, Ben Moloney, Alex Hickey, Jack Blood, Ben Reid

23rd man: Trent McMullan
Any coverage 4 this.?

Goals to thurlow gow and black geelong 20 ess 0.

Need another 25 unanswered goals and we'll be playing finals. Not an impossible task, but pretty bloody close to it. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the 4-6 stretch when we had injuries where we barely won a game to miss finals on % is a good sign of strong endeavour from this group.

Only saw the first half.

Abbott didn't play any part after first 20mins. Didn't see the injury or incident. That made what looked like a fairly straight forward task much more difficult. Great to see they hung in there.

Gardner was playing well in defence but had to play in the ruck and then needed some medical attention half way through the second. That left McMullen to do the rucking solo for a while and that allowed the bombers to get going. Looks like Gardner got back into it and so did Geelong.

Of the players to half time:

Black played very well (also got attention late in the second quarter). Would be playing AFL with half the sides in the comp.

House looked comfortable at CHB. Even in the wet.

Thurlow very good. In good form.

Ruggles strong in the contest but has a job to break back in to AFL side

JJ did his CV no harm. Always in the game and took a couple of strong overhead marks and kicked a nice goal under pressure out of a contest. He is a very good left foot kick.

Henry took one nice contested mark and converted comfortably from 35m

Cunico received the ball a fair bit in space but tended to thump the ball long. It is taking me time to warm up to his work.

Simpson, Zuthrie, Lang, Hayball,O'Connor each did a bit but not a lot.

Not a lot to note about the VFL listers.

Leading possession getter with 24 but not named in the best.
He was good I reckon best player used ball well good decisions, also Lang was good . Re not made in best, they do it all the time powers to be won't name a fringe player in best if there is not a spot ready in afl so as not to put pressure on themselves. Both are ready to go.

Only saw the first half.

Abbott didn't play any part after first 20mins. Didn't see the injury or incident. That made what looked like a fairly straight forward task much more difficult. Great to see they hung in there.

Gardner was playing well in defence but had to play in the ruck and then needed some medical attention half way through the second. That left McMullen to do the rucking solo for a while and that allowed the bombers to get going. Looks like Gardner got back into it and so did Geelong.

Of the players to half time:

Black played very well (also got attention late in the second quarter). Would be playing AFL with half the sides in the comp.

House looked comfortable at CHB. Even in the wet.

Thurlow very good. In good form.

Ruggles strong in the contest but has a job to break back in to AFL side

JJ did his CV no harm. Always in the game and took a couple of strong overhead marks and kicked a nice goal under pressure out of a contest. He is a very good left foot kick.

Henry took one nice contested mark and converted comfortably from 35m

Cunico received the ball a fair bit in space but tended to thump the ball long. It is taking me time to warm up to his work.

Simpson, Zuthrie, Lang, Hayball,O'Connor each did a bit but not a lot.

Not a lot to note about the VFL listers.

Cheers for the write up. It's hard to get much info on the Bankers in NSW. Nice to hear Thurlow in good Nic. I thought he was a little stiff to be dropped from the AFL team. I think he could add value in the final series for us!

Cheers for the write up. It's hard to get much info on the Bankers in NSW. Nice to hear Thurlow in good Nic. I thought he was a little stiff to be dropped from the AFL team. I think he could add value in the final series for us!

No probs. I missed the good finish and a nice win to top off a very good development year. Lang must have had a good second half. Thurlow was very good in first half. If our depth starts there we are in good knick.

Yesterday we had no KPF, one KPD once Gardner had to go in the ruck, and no recognised ruckman for over 3 quarters (where are they hiding Berry?). Pretty good effort to win against a good bomber side (on paper anyway).

N7GOzj8.png

YSTL6gf.png

That is a very solid game from Thurlow.

I thought his last few weeks in the seniors were indicative of him finding his feet again so I am really pleased to see him maintaining the intensity in the twos and keeping his name in the mix.

Hopefully he can finish the year well and build into 2018, as I see him as a vital cog in the team for many years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Geelong Cats VFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back