Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

So good.
Look at Butters busting a gut to chase Holmes; Butters isn't slow, but Holmes just cruises away effortlessly.

I still find Holmes "deceptively" fast. I'm thinking he must have an excellent running technique, because he never looks like he is busting a gut - like you said, he just cruises away and leaves everyone in his dust.

That run from the defensive goal square past one the Port players (I think F. Evans) was hilariously arrogant - Holmes was never much more than arms length away but didn't give a shit, just strolled along, took a few bounces then hit a target.

It's struck me there are potentially 7 fit premiership players that could be recalled for the prelim, if needed. That's a crazy cushion. More so, it's likely only one (Stewart) maybe two (SDK) will be recalled.

I still find Holmes "deceptively" fast. I'm thinking he must have an excellent running technique, because he never looks like he is busting a gut - like you said, he just cruises away and leaves everyone in his dust.

That run from the defensive goal square past one the Port players (I think F. Evans) was hilariously arrogant - Holmes was never much more than arms length away but didn't give a shit, just strolled along, took a few bounces then hit a target.
Like Dangerfield, I've been saying for a while Holmes could become one of the very best players in the league. Some of his 2022 work was outstanding.

He needs to tidy up his disposal and decision making to reach that next level. Nothing crazy, just enough to have the damage to turnover ratio of Dangerfield. He was good in that regard last night.

It's already as clear as day that he's an A grader. Robbed of an AA selection this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's that coaching career you going, Grant...

Criticizing 4 premiership defenders. Interesting take.

I remember when we played them last round in 2003 after the Saints had won 4 games in a row by 10+ goals and everyone was raving about their young guns, but we ended up beating them, and Bomber was like "Hey, we've got promising kids too!" Ends up we got a few flags with our youngsters, while the Saints ended up with a DVD release.

1725607518389.png

Like Dangerfield, I've been saying for a while Holmes could become one of the very best players in the league. Some of his 2022 work was outstanding.

He needs to tidy up his disposal and decision making to reach that next level. Nothing crazy, just enough to have the damage to turnover ratio of Dangerfield. He was good in that regard last night.

It's already as clear as day that he's an A grader. Robbed of an AA selection this year.

They highlighted his running on FoxFooty after the game. He's not just a brilliant runner, he's a power runner and the arrogance he displayed when he knew a player was after him and he could bounce his way from them . . . Micky Turner-esque.

Thing is though, Holmes is a pretty big body so another year in the gym and he could be devastating.

Criticizing 4 premiership defenders. Interesting take.

I remember when we played them last round in 2003 after the Saints had won 4 games in a row by 10+ goals and everyone was raving about their young guns, but we ended up beating them, and Bomber was like "Hey, we've got promising kids too!" Ends up we got a few flags with our youngsters, while the Saints ended up with a DVD release.

View attachment 2102767

Woah there let's not undersell them. They got 2 DVD releases!

1000030443.png

That run from the defensive goal square past one the Port players (I think F. Evans) was hilariously arrogant - Holmes was never much more than arms length away but didn't give a shit, just strolled along, took a few bounces then kicked it out of bounds.
EFA.

In the end, Max thought he was just going to burn him completely but Frankie kept coming and pressured the disposal enough to see the ball end up out of play.

2020 - Richmond - 0
2021 - Melbourne - 0
2022 - Geelong - 1
2023 - Collingwood - 0

First premier of the 20s to win a final post flag. This comp is hard to maintain success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back