Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

I still find Holmes "deceptively" fast. I'm thinking he must have an excellent running technique, because he never looks like he is busting a gut - like you said, he just cruises away and leaves everyone in his dust.

That run from the defensive goal square past one the Port players (I think F. Evans) was hilariously arrogant - Holmes was never much more than arms length away but didn't give a shit, just strolled along, took a few bounces then hit a target.

Definitely agree WS; just glides over the turf.
Huge asset with our current game style; eats up territory with the run and then often kicks it 50m+ too.

Not sure. But this was posted in the Port autopsy thread:

Saw the vision before the game cats were jumpin around havin a good time pregame meanwhile hinkley stairing everyone down like the sith lord he is and who woulda guessed drew shits himself first possy go figure. I reckon finals arent scary but kern does his mental ****ery to instill this belief into our club. I mean which kind of ****head thinks its a good idea to surprise his own team and sub his star player. Was always going to deflate the team why wouldnt you just tell them straight up

I read this earlier but didn't have time to reply at the time

Thinking to the footage & vision we see in the Geelong rooms from before matches, how often is Scott actually the last person to address the playing group?

I know they have their team meeting (generally behind closed doors) in which Scott addresses them, but prior to entering the field it always seems more player & captain driven messages, rather than from the coach

Thinking to the footage & vision we see in the Geelong rooms from before matches, how often is Scott actually the last person to address the playing group?

I know they have their team meeting (generally behind closed doors) in which Scott addresses them, but prior to entering the field it always seems more player & captain driven messages, rather than from the coach
Pretty much what i get from watching our pregame stuff

There is always the spectre of the mythical cliff.

Why go to Geelong now, they've got to fade away etc. I should go somewhere promising a future (Hawks, North maybe.. I dunno?)

There'd have to be a mental mind game say, in 2023, why would I want to go to the reigning premiers, chances are another flag is not on the table for some time..

Just laws of averages etc.

Not saying thats my opinion but some of that would come in to play with some players
You’ll have more luck with the Yeti or Loch Ness Monster than Geelong seeing the cliff.

Which is how it should be - at the end of the day, especially now, the coach has little influence on the field (reduced runners etc) and it really hammers home where the responsibility lies when the ball hits the deck in the centre circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this taking the piss or....?

Edit: **** it's true! Even Bruhn's registered a contested grab. Even Oisin Mullin has one!
I think he currently has the longest streak in the AFL, after Matt Rowell recently took a contested mark. I don't think he is too far away from a league record.

At least Rowell has an excuse with his shoulder injuries, and at least Rowell gets contested possessions....

From memory there are couple of ex cats on the top 5 list of matches without a contested mark as well..... Jermaine Jones and sparkle narkle I think.

Rhys Stanley = new Clark Keating?

I think he currently has the longest streak in the AFL, after Matt Rowell recently took a contested mark. I don't think he is too far away from a league record.

At least Rowell has an excuse with his shoulder injuries, and at least Rowell gets contested possessions....
Rowell's too busy eating grass to worry about big clunks.

Spoke to an Adelaide friend (Geelong supporter) just now. The husband of her friend was having a prostate operation yesterday. Surgeon rang + asked him to come in earlier, as he wanted to go to the game
😹 😹 😹
Weird old day in Adelaide today
As you’d expect, some shell shocked Port supporters but lots of happy folk too. Why ? Because not only are there lots of cat fans, but also sh*tloads of crow people who enjoyed seeing Port flogged on the big stage. A lot of quiet gloating in the wings.
Two team towns can be cruel like that.

Few people suggesting our preliminary final will be the Saturday. I'm pretty sure it depends on the result of the Sydney vs GWS game. If GWS win then we become the highest seeded QF final winner and should be given the Friday night game which gives us an extra days break heading into hopefully a GF. If Sydney win Vs GWS then we will get the Saturday game. Happy to be proven wrong but this is my understanding of how it works. 2016 is the most recent example of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back