I don't even we played that well.. Plenty of playing down to a lesser opponent

Also will massively LOL if Hawk fans try blame the umpires.. Hilarious

**** Hawthorn

4-1 after the first 5.

Great comeback after last week

Cant complain at all.

Top of the ladder too.

Gret effort against the old enemy.

Rohan with 4, GAJ with 2 and a hanger like the old man.

Great day and a great win and never better than to take top spot after beating Hawthorn.

GO Catters
Gaz kicked 3. All pearlers.

Guthrie played well. Nobody @ me.
22 touches, 11 contested, 4 clearances and game high 8 tackles.

Wouldn't mind seeing Atkins spend a little bit more time in the middle, his play as a mid got him on our list and he's an asset at stoppages with his tackling and pressure.
Guthrie also did some great tagging work.

Loved today. Any win against that mob is worth savouring.

Some of the (lack of) umpiring was noticeable when it usually isn't.
Blicavs was strong all day.
Loved Rohan and Dahl- great additions to our forward structure- happy to say I did not have high hopes, but they are what we needed.
Guthrie was very good as a link up player.
Selwood's best GOTY so far.
Hawkins and Danger below their best and others can contribute.
Kelly much better than last week.
GAJ was superb.
Parfitt off after half time- bandaged thigh, hope not too bad, but short turnaround time , might miss Sunday. Scans tomorrow so must be more than a cork.
ATKINS- may be low on stats, but definitely offers pressure and tackling.
Taylor was really good, both ends.
Miers- very gutsy little player with poise and skill.
O'Connor- Now I'm A Believer. He looks like he belongs.
Kolo- a typical effective role game by him.

Clark- looked a little off today, wonder if it might be his turn for a rest.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Esava but I'm sorry but he needs a run in the VFL... Come on to be honest he isn't what he is before that injury.... I'm not bagging him but he needs a run in the 2s to find some form...
Bring in Fort or Buzza or even Abbott and play Stanley CHF..
Rhys isn't a forward... It has to be Buzz if anyone, and to be honest Sav still is playing a role and it's not hurting us by him battling.. The players that could replace him are no better really

Rhys isn't a forward... It has to be Buzz if anyone, and to be honest Sav still is playing a role and it's not hurting us by him battling.. The players that could replace him are no better really
Stanley is a better forward than Sav though. Yes, we'll give him time.

He barracks for the comeback so that people won't tune out. They want people sticking around for the news.
Yeah, exactly. It annoys me when commentators are accused of "barracking" for a particular side simply because they get excited when a team starts to build momentum, or they barrack for a close game. They have a job to do and that job is to get people to watch the footy.

Great stuff. Miers is seriously impressive, he's a genuine playmaker - whenever he gets involved we look dangerous and score more often than not. Ablett + Rohan fantastic up forward, Selwood + Kelly strong in the middle.

Hopefully the injury to Parfitt isn't too bad, and I want to know what happened to the umpiring in the last quarter, infuriating attempt to influence the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong Defeats Hawks by 23 points at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back