Review Geelong Defeats Hawks by 23 points at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Esava but I'm sorry but he needs a run in the VFL... Come on to be honest he isn't what he is before that injury.... I'm not bagging him but he needs a run in the 2s to find some form...
I think people are wearing the rose-coloured glasses slightly on his 2018 form. He had 2 good games (West Coast, then Collingwood) - where he played primarily on-ball, I should point out. All the games he played as a CHF, he did struggle to find the ball.

Yeah I agree. But the only way we know if Buzza any good is if give him a chance
We've given him chances.. Unless he absolutely marks everything that comes to him in the 2s he can't be picked.

(sav looked sore late though a few times so he may get a rest for Buzz anyway)

He barracks for the comeback so that people won't tune out. They want people sticking around for the news.
They always attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator, today it’s Hawks’ fans. Their wannabe trying only annoys teams + supporters like Geelong. He’s inane + frankly whoGAF about BT? 🤣🤣🤣

I reckon Luke Dahlhaus is going to be one of our most important players as the year progresses...

Smart and tenacious, but also a real link player between wing and fwd 50...

Miers also is blowing me away, as is Gaz's buy in and tackle pressure to his forward role

Guthrie played well. Nobody @ me.
22 touches, 11 contested, 4 clearances and game high 8 tackles.

Wouldn't mind seeing Atkins spend a little bit more time in the middle, his play as a mid got him on our list and he's an asset at stoppages with his tackling and pressure.

Thought he was very good. Considering most other's fumbling and falling over, he played above that.

We should be very happy with his efforts today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On TV they said quad; doesn't he have a history with these soft tissue injuries?
Triple M claimed corkie I believe... Who knows the truth, I'm sure the club will tell us in 2-3 weeks

Where’s that “I was wrong thread”? I need to repent re Miers. Love him.

It's amazing when we have players that are fit and know their abilities. His forward craft is excellent.

I saw him down Torquay last year, in the Magoo's. I was surprised how he held off defenders much bigger than him, often outmarking them.

Quality.

I reckon Luke Dahlhaus is going to be one of our most important players as the year progresses...

Miers also is blowing me away, as is Gaz's buy in and tackle pressure to his forward role

He's a lock, isn't he - has amazing awareness to make things happen and loves a goal. Look like we have another Stevie J. for the next 10 years.

Rohan 11 goals from 43 touches this year plus defensive pressure.

Wow.

Go Catters
I love Esava but I'm sorry but he needs a run in the VFL... Come on to be honest he isn't what he is before that injury.... I'm not bagging him but he needs a run in the 2s to find some form...
Bring in Fort or Buzza or even Abbott and play Stanley CHF..

I wrote something on here with a bit of tongue and cheek at the start of the year that Rohan would be recruit of the year... well, he's certainly met and exceeded my expectations. I always thought that he would do much better in a team that wasn't so Buddy-centric with their forward entries. Very glad we got Blood-nuts in the team.

I have to agree on SavRat. I mentioned last week he was ready for the twos. Took a good grab at the end of the game, but his kicking looks shoddy. I'd definitely try Abbott, he looks mobile enough to play forward. I think Buzza's form has been okay in the VFL; and Fort has been kicking some majors there too. It seems all three are competing well enough at VFL level, and if you put one into the AFL where they may have more forward entries to them, you just never know.

The great thing about Dahlhaus is when the ball spills the deck and there is two or more players closer to the ball, you watch him dive on the footy and whip out a handball... I don't think I've seen another player do it like him.

I never had doubt on Miers, and I know there were a few on here that thought his game wouldn't be good enough for AFL, and I think they were wrong there. He has a big engine, he ain't that slow, his foot skills, goal nous and general footy IQ is right up with the best.

To be fair, derm was pretty enthusiastic about the Cats today.
Really? 😱 I missed all of Dermie’s excitement about Geelong.
I tend to take anything complimentary from Dermie, about Geelong to be totally fake. I’m too cynical perhaps, still, I think he’s totally insincere.

Hawfs on train complaining about umps. So juicy. Inject it into my veins.
A Hawfs on our train to Geelong has shown how they can't hold their alcohol, or maybe just really upset at losing.

One bathroom & door totally out of action - floor is a total mess

I wrote something on here with a bit of tongue and cheek at the start of the year that Rohan would be recruit of the year... well, he's certainly met and exceeded my expectations. I always thought that he would do much better in a team that wasn't so Buddy-centric with their forward entries. Very glad we got Blood-nuts in the team.

I have to agree on SavRat. I mentioned last week he was ready for the twos. Took a good grab at the end of the game, but his kicking looks shoddy. I'd definitely try Abbott, he looks mobile enough to play forward. I think Buzza's form has been okay in the VFL; and Fort has been kicking some majors there too. It seems all three are competing well enough at VFL level, and if you put one into the AFL where they may have more forward entries to them, you just never know.

The great thing about Dahlhaus is when the ball spills the deck and there is two or more players closer to the ball, you watch him dive on the footy and whip out a handball... I don't think I've seen another player do it like him.

I never had doubt on Miers, and I know there were a few on here that thought his game wouldn't be good enough for AFL, and I think they were wrong there. He has a big engine, he ain't that slow, his foot skills, goal nous and general footy IQ is right up with the best.

I love seeing Dahl track the ball. When outnumbered, he'll wait till they pick it up, then pounce to try to lock it in. He's very successful at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong Defeats Hawks by 23 points at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back