Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

We still got it. Even when we looked gone with 1:30m left.
Somehow found a way to win it.
But Smith, Birchall and Doc were liabilities all night.
He looked relaxed, but oh boy, what a shank for an elite footballer.
Can't question the endeavour though. Did enough to win, just need those experienced guys to lift.
Burton rotation loss hurt, but boy, we have found ourselves a composed young man.
Great games from Howe and Schoey too.
Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, take a bow! Great games and leadership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously - the Birchall lynch mob can cool their jets. Yes he had a shocker tonight - but those that are now being retrospective are talking out of their arse. Our back 6 are one of the main reasons we made the top 4 this year, and Birchall was a big part of that.

Stings a bit just as I felt we had the upper hand for longer. Again, our boys need to take advantage when we have the run of play...

But reload and prep for next week. We aren't out of this, and we played a ripper match. Very few passengers.

We will come out breathing fire.

Go Hawks!

Whilst it was an important game, it wasn't an elimination. We were expected to lose and we only just lost it at the end. I don't feel gutted at all. We did really well. Smith kicks it and we celebrate.

One for the ages no doubt, however I feel this is the game we needed to get into gear.

The brilliance about this club is that there is always next week. The competition still in fear.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back