Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously - the Birchall lynch mob can cool their jets. Yes he had a shocker tonight - but those that are now being retrospective are talking out of their arse. Our back 6 are one of the main reasons we made the top 4 this year, and Birchall was a big part of that.

Sorry mate... There were at least 3 direct goals from Birch f*%*#^g up. He is well & truely in the firing line after a weak loss like that.
Doc.. I'm not going to repeat myself again.????
Gutted Burton was lost!
Turned the game when we lost the rotation & some genuine quality & composure in defence.
I wasn't impressed with Gibbo either, had a role boy insure that if you can take a mark or pumch it over the line there would be 21 players that would like a marko_O

Interesting that last year Geelong recruited Dangerfield, S.Selwood, Menegola & Smith and all four made it into their best 22 tonight. Along with Henderson who would've played had he not been injured.

You'd have to say their strategy of betting the farm on mature-age mercenaries has worked and I can see other contenders looking to top up in similar fashion in future.

What. A. Match. Don't normally get a sense of what's a cracker when watching live; but pretty hard not to with that.

Mitch showed class being the first one to Smithy afterwards.

Whitecross very impressive. Lewis probably our best. Mitch, Breust, Hodge all very good. Sheils too.

lost for many more words. A classic.

Sorry mate... There were at least 3 direct goals from Birch f*%*#^g up. He is well & truely in the firing line after a weak loss like that.
Doc.. I'm not going to repeat myself again.????
Gutted Burton was lost!
Turned the game when we lost the rotation & some genuine quality & composure in defence.
I wasn't impressed with Gibbo either, had a role boy insure that if you can take a mark or pumch it over the line there would be 21 players that would like a marko_O

I said he had a shocker tonight. I'm saying people who are now saying he's had a bad year etc are wrong.

I m just so flat so many of those handbaggers targeted Cyril and Sammy and hodge what gets done about it bloody nothing ... I'm not confident against the dogs we would be worn out and they had an easy victory .. And they were sharp last night.we're just missing that X factor that would be roughy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to apologise for some comments I said on the game day thread , really unacceptable so sorry to all. In general I felt that we played really well tonight with the exception of a couple of small patches. Really proud of the teams efforts , and I really feel for Isaac. go hawkers.

Interesting that last year Geelong recruited Dangerfield, S.Selwood, Menegola & Smith and all four made it into their best 22 tonight. Along with Henderson who would've played had he not been injured.

You'd have to say their strategy of betting the farm on mature-age mercenaries has worked and I can see other contenders looking to top up in similar fashion in future.
When we bring in Mitchell, O'Meara, Vickery & Witts and suddenly are on top again it will be a case of ban Hawthorn from trading, not good job Geelong on your mature age recruiting.

The Good: Shoenmakers and WhiteX were brilliant...Lewis was out of this world...Burgers and Hodge were exceptional...
The Bad: will be seeing replays of Izzy's miss for the rest of the week....and cat celebrations...like they won the grand final...

In reflection...it felt geelong was always behind but in the hunt......always felt that we were going to loose by keeping them in it...
Amazing job the cats have done.....after being bottom 8 for the last 2 years..making some tough decisions..getting some good players in..now within touching distance of another premiership...

Hoping we can beat Doggies....if we dont still gonna be proud been spoilt the last 5 years....

Haven't won it yet

We only have ourselves to blame. Three goals in front halfway during the third quarter and they proceed to stuff it up.
I agree, you could see why we tried to slow it up and have a breather and they kicked three goals. Anyways it was a lot better than our first final last year but Smiths kick could still have cost our chance at a 4th premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back