Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Joel Selwood for acknowledging the great losses to football this week. I played many games against Ron Best- probably the best player in history not to play AFL/VFL football - a truly great footballer. Vale Ron and thank you Joel for recognizing the greater game and not just tonight's result.

Please for the good of football and decency beat Richmond next week. Go Cats.

I have been very critical of Chris Scott and his approach for about five years now. I believe that we have missed so many opportunities in the past as a result of poor calls from him.

However, today he guided our club to a Grand Final...therefore, I accept that Chris is now a good coach and worthy of respect. I will no longer call for his removal. He has earnt it and deserves to take our great club all the way. Well done Chris!!!

I believe we will win the Premiership next week. We have always had the players and tonight we broke our duck.

All the way Geelong!!!

Let's GO CATTERS!!!!!

Back in 2011 I brought a premiership membership at like 4:30pm on the last day they were available for purchase

I've held that membership every year since and gotta laugh at not being able to use it this year, though I'll take sitting at home on the couch with a beer or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to watch the game again, we jumped them tactically, such a contrast compared against Collingwood. I'm pretty sure did **** all switching, very little delaying, a willingness to go quick down the line to a 1 on 1, we just monstered them around the ball, stoppages were our friend. Our lack of spread kept them hemmed in, they couldn't create width on the counter. They got through a couple of times from hacked kicks into space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back