Review Geelong defeats Port Adelaide by 34 points @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win, stood strong under a lot of pressure in the 2nd and 3rd quarter Their lack of reward for effort broke them. our defense didn't take a step back all night. We really shouldn't be surprised by Blicavs' rapid transformation, He's our Lonergan replacement. Feel a little bad for Gardiner. Great effort by Menzel, we were treating him like Hawkins, just worked extremely hard all night, if Hawkins is back next week I'd consider giving Menzel the week off. Can't help but feel excited for GHS, couldn't have taken his opportunity anymore then he did, I'd have him run with Kennedy next week.

Thomas ended what was left of his career tonight and it was obvious that he knew it.

Last edited:
Dermie now trying to justify Thomas's bump by saying that initial contact by Thomas was to the fending arm of Scooter and secondary contact went high.

Also, while his eyes weren't on the ball at the time of contact, he knew where it was at all times and that's got to be considered

He then questioned the others if they were trying to leave Thomas out to hang by questioning his intent

Don’t worry about him.

The blonde vacuum has had no intelligent thought process since the opening minute of the ‘89 GF

You knew he’d squid the effort against the Cats.
Nothing against him of course but he does tend to downhill ski a bit harder than most and facing your old club is a hard one.
In that situation you tend to either be BOG or go totally missing

Motlop doing his best to honour all things military at this most special of Anzac times.... still showing what going AWOL means.
Just not us this time.

GO Catters

Port fans deserve to watch their dirty team getting flogged on a regular basis, but that'll have to do for now.

We stood up well, especially down back. The midfield looked a little nicer but it was a bit Dangerwood at times. Even so we have a better balance than 2016 and Menegola, Kelly, Horlo and Cunico were all valuable at times.

Also I lowkey love Kolo getting denied every time he goes for the goal. Some hoodoos shouldn't break.

Ghs seems to have gained a little pace, another gandy goal kicking midfielder to add to the rotation. Defence very good again.

Great win but big concerns. We cant expect our midfield to rack up huge number of goals each game. Stanley was hopeless again his direct opponent racking up 22 touches but sounds like smith was shithouse in the vfl anyway.

Went today and sad to say IMO, Smith was a total gumby. Something to temper the (well deserved) Stanley crits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart, Bews, Kolo, Blitz, Thurlow, Henry, 2E

How bloody good have they been. Underrated, young and maybe 12 games between them...

Got Scarlo and Boris' fingerprints all over them.

GO Catters
I'm still not convinced that the 44 isn't just Boris with a surfie haircut

Stanley has to come out next week for Smith, makes us a better team with that simple change.

Such a good, gutsy win by a team undermanned, these are the wins you build a premiership campaign on.
WTF?

Stanley = GOAT

lolololololololol

Laughed at Brereton saying Geelong won because Port capitulated. That moron still hasn't got over 89.

Anyway, my biggest fear about this team so far this season is the defense. But to the lads credit, our defensive structures and efforts were first rate tonight. They repelled wave after wave of Port attacks and played manfully. Thankfully, CS didn't move Blicav's all over the ground and his height and smarts against Der-Der-Dixon was pivotal.

I didn't like the constant slapping the ball in the direction of a teammate only to see it roved by a Port midfielder. Win the ball and use it properly. Not surprised Joel won that medal, he was courageous out there. Apart from that great goal GHS kicked in the last, I thought he was too slow and fumbled the ball too much, same old story really. Stanley really had a shit game tonight.

Overall, it was a good standard game and the way the boys won it was very encouraging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Port Adelaide by 34 points @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back