Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies Season 14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So in my expert opinion on the matter of all things absurd and superheroey...

Dangermouse being of course the "dododododo" theme songing variety.

Mighty Ted being a stuffed teddy bear that was brought to life by a spotted alien! Jolly good show lad!

Bravestarr, then one day a lawman appeared, with powers of hawk wolf puma and bear! I mean, woman copulate just looking at him.

Electra Woman & Dyna Girl were a 70's crime fighting duo much int he same vein as the live action batman only on a serial, psychadelic.

When there's trouble you call DW?

Flesh it out lads, the mainstream is a boring place when you revisit childhoods and embrace your inner nerdtron. :thumbsu: :D

Good work streets. .. Super"now I'll say my secret word"Ted and Dee DoubleYa, I know and Bravestarr is vaguely familiar. ..

How about AstroBoy? (AstroBlue!) or even Optimus Prime & Omega Supreme they were more the 'super heroes' from my childhood :p

AstroBlues.png

Believe it or not Transformers are mainstream, if you're going for a mech show go for Challenge of the Gobots or something like Macross / Robotech, even Guyver might be worth it.

Then there are the stories of the Galaxy Rangers, but yeah as much as I do love me my transformers (have series, sold figures to bloke who restores them, have friend who has Unicron figurine, is majorly badarse) I was merely swapping out the "iffies" as I saw them if you really want to face that team then by all mean just limit the Marvel / DC characters (as Transformers initial run was Marvel who did Gen 1& 2, I have a couple comics of them, rather tattered.) But then I also forgot one even though I was humming the theme last night.

[youtube]PRli1rRMoSQ[/youtube]

Hooray for JIIIIIIIIIIIIM.

Thought of a possibly better idea for a practice match. ..

Gaelic Football Team of the Millenium + AFL Allstar Irishmen

FB: Enda Colleran, Joe Keohane, Sean Flanagan
HB: Sean Murphy, J.J O'Reilly, Martin O'Connell
Ce: Mick O'Connell, Dan O'Keeffe*, Tommy Murphy
HF: Sean O'Neill, Sean Purcell, Pat Spillane
FF: Mike Sheehy, Tommy Langan, Kevin Heffernan

Ru: Jim Stynes, Tahgd Kenelly, Sean White
Be: Setanta O'hAilpin, Martin Clarke

*Keeper made Centre other positions are equivilants in Gaelic Footy

Irish Team of the Millenium as follow:

IrishMillenium.JPG

I have just updated our squad list in the opening post aswell as in the Welcome to Sweet FA thread so its in before cut off.

Can someone please check and confirm we have 27 players so far? And let me know if ive missed any players numbers for those still TBA.

Can someone please check and confirm we have 27 players so far? And let me know if ive missed any players numbers for those still TBA.

It matches my data, same with the people who have yet to pick a number, although in the chickens case we could go with her previous number in the last season? (though I can't recall what that was...)

Alrighty guys and gal's due me being awesome and sleep deprived, i manged to hit a roo at 120k's. With the ranger rover a right off im back on coast early and ready for SFA action!

Alrighty guys and gal's due me being awesome and sleep deprived, i manged to hit a roo at 120k's. With the ranger rover a right off im back on coast early and ready for SFA action!

shit, not surprised it was a write-off - I've been in a Land Cruiser that hit a poteroo doing 110 and that nearly wrote it off...glad you're okay though safman

yeap i dam near shit myself at the time still though i got that new for old dealy with nrma so i'll bet getting a whole new ride

good to see our practice matches have gone well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Match thread is up!!!
V

Fighting Furies v Geelong Gumbies

Dean Wallis SFA Fantasy Bet

$3.10 Fighting Furies v Geelong Gumbies $1.41

Match play date either Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon, actual date tba

Teams in by end of day Wednesday please (early submission to assist with new simmer's teething)
Go there and join the banter

5 new zealand dollars on Stfly to get up slowly

I see your NZ dollars and raise you the Macau Pataca.

Also given that pete has until Wednesday it appears, anyone got specific possies they wish to play out, knowing full well that centre, FF, CHF, & the follower positions are filled?

Also Striker, if you want the other trolls in the team then I do suggest you try and get them to pop in, because I'll be leaving it up to pete to sort you guys out whilst I'll more than likely be prioritising Gumbies and whichever one of you guys are active and participating (like yourself).

So outside of Pete popping in;

B: --- | --- | ---
HB: --- | TheDoctor11* | ---
C: Bartel | Striker475 | Claypigeon
HF: safman | Ninty | ACTHAWK*
F: --- | winty | ---
Foll: StFly | Flawed Genius | peterss
Int: --- | ---

Might have to read up if they're using that injury / suspension thing, haven't exactly been paying attention to that part....

Also, thinking safman & doc could HFF it, Cub can HBF to try and match up his brother if he wants, since I boned the praccy last time and forgot they inverted to match up, Bartel seemed to go well enough on the HBF or wing, so that's all I got off the top of my head as possibilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies Season 14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back