Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess consider this an 'intervention'.

Neutral supporters like myself are a little bewildered with where your players would like the game to head.

With respect, what is with the ongoing and seemingly systematic free kick milking?

What is with appealing for free kicks en masse around the contest (arms out in a V)? over and over and over....

What is with the appauling increasing frequencies of ducking (as if it needed to get any worse) and playing injured when tackled?

How much time at training do the players practice this in lieu of playing honest contested footy?

why the disgruntled chats with the umps at the end of EVERY quarter and nearly every free kick paid against you?

why does the coach seemingly spends more energy reacting to free real kicks than anything else?

importantly, why does this behaviour occur irrespective of the triviality or seriousness of the contest?

Why is there a perception from neutral supporters that in totality, this approach happens with players from your club more than any other?

i get to an extent its part of the game but jeez, its seemingly a peripheral matter at other clubs whereas its unapologetically front and centre with your club on game day, over and over and over.....

Its now seemingly a core value of the playing group.

Perhaps your supporters are blinded by their love for the club, but as a neutral observer of the game, in totality its been borderline humerous/eyebrow raising for a year or two, but in totality its so far beyond 'normal' now, and questions need answers.

Does it keep getting more prevalent from here? What do you want your club to stand for? Professional victims or hard working champs with integrity?

What will be the Selwood's legacy once he retires? will he be more tarnished than Lloyd and his diving?

You are better than this Geelong. And imho the comp deserves better too.

Seriously.

Please think about it.

Regards, a neutral supporter.
I was thinking the same thing watching this game. It seems it's not just Selwood. I even saw Blicavs fall over a Hawk player trying to get a 'contact below the knee' free. Obviously it's a game plan and a pretty poor one at that. The question is, is it a leader/ship group thing or does it come from higher up?

I haven't wished the Hawks a win for years but I was barracking for them today. Unfortunately the umps have let them get away with it for far too long and this disgrace is what we're stuck with.

Selwood admitted on Talking Footy that because he’s not as quick or skilful as some players - he used Tom Mitchell as an example - he ducks his head in the tackle to win a free kick. He said that as soon as he gets tackled he raises his arm to alert the umpires.

He is as much a cheat as that bloke who got stung with the sandpaper in the cricket.

August 2016.

bartop20.png

selwoodwestlines.png
Sam Mitchell
Luke Hodge

Sorry, most people write in a sequence that contains a statement then provide evidence of their statement.

Don't know why I thought that would apply now that you mention it.
Thank you for the apology, I forgive you on the basis of the unfair treatment of your football club in this thread, thus in turn, the harsh treatment being applied to you.

But they're not mate. As terrible as the media is they rarely stoop to the level of bigfooty 'opinion'

Says a lot about the 'opinion' here frankly
Funny you say that because...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ge...n/news-story/f43f153cb6622b942d382e6586ffaad9

Poll on that page is pretty bloody overwhelming - 84%. Social media is pretty filled with it too and there definitely seems to be a growing number of people noticing it.

Anyway while there are players on every team that play for free kicks there definitely appears to be a stronger amount of it coming from Geelong these days. Danger wasn't innocent at the Crows but he's amped it up very noticeably since crossing over - whether that's just coincidence or not I don't know. I won't go as far as to say Geelong are coached to do it but I will say visually to watch today it wasn't great from a certain few players. No I didn't really care who would win I just wanted a cracking game which fortunately aside from my views on this issue it was. To be honest I'm more worried about Hawthorn becoming a strong side again given their ability to play the MCG so well and my views on that ground come any possible grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott’s reactions are always amusing too. Bloke only ever whinges about the umpiring.

If he put Danger in the middle for longer they win that game. Clueless campaigner.

Funny you say that because...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ge...n/news-story/f43f153cb6622b942d382e6586ffaad9

Poll on that page is pretty bloody overwhelming - 84%. Social media is pretty filled with it too and there definitely seems to be a growing number of people noticing it.

Anyway while there are players on every team that play for free kicks there definitely appears to be a stronger amount of it coming from Geelong these days. Danger wasn't innocent at the Crows but he's amped it up very noticeably since crossing over - whether that's just coincidence or not I don't know. I won't go as far as to say Geelong are coached to do it but I will say visually to watch today it wasn't great from a certain few players. No I didn't really care who would win I just wanted a cracking game which fortunately aside from my views on this issue it was. To be honest I'm more worried about Hawthorn becoming a strong side again given their ability to play the MCG so well and my views on that ground come any possible grand final.

news.com.au twitter listicle is 'media' now?!

:straining:

What does Danger do now?

I was thinking the same thing watching this game. It seems it's not just Selwood. I even saw Blicavs fall over a Hawk player trying to get a 'contact below the knee' free. Obviously it's a game plan and a pretty poor one at that. The question is, is it a leader/ship group thing or does it come from higher up?

I haven't wished the Hawks a win for years but I was barracking for them today. Unfortunately the umps have let them get away with it for far too long and this disgrace is what we're stuck with.

You sure Blicavs fell over to win a free? Or maybe he just fell over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back