Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

If you consider compiling tweets 'media' then good for you. May as well screenshot a bunch of posts in this thread and call it an article.

What dark arts has Danger learned now he's at Geelong? You didn't answer me before.
Go watch the replay of Greenwood bumping into Dangerfield with nearly no force at Adelaide Oval last year and you'll see it in it's most pure form. Just one of many examples, not a bad one today where he got bumped (fair enough he did cop one) plays out cold til he hears the whistle then bounces up instantly to collect his free lol. Don't worry he's still a gun player and no one can take that away from him.

Yes, Geelong are a protected species who collectively play for free kicks and Selwood is the worst offender. We've all known this for years. Apparently the only folks in the country who aren't aware of it are members of the AFL media who are probably terrified of losing their official accreditation if they speak out about the way Geelong deliberately and shamefully rorts the system.

As for Chris Scott, he is a joke of a coach and his coaching box antics typify this. Fell arse-backwards into a Premiership and has been carried by talent ever since. I rest easy knowing so long as he remains coach another Geelong Premiership will never happen, particularly without Stephen Dank's involvement.

Firstly, don’t presume that Joel Selwood will leave behind a negative legacy. The constant emphasis on him and the constant turning of blind eyes to his hard work, leadership, attack at the contest, and never say die approach is actually bordering on sickening. It’s only in the eyes of haters that he will be constantly overlooked for being a champion of Geelong and the AFL.

The Joel Selwood I know was a 19 year old standing in a huddle in the 2007 Grand Final giving his much more experienced team mates a motivational speech to urge on their first flag in 44 years.

The guy is the reason Geelong are where they are after so long.

Secondly, Matthew Lloyd was one of greatest Full Forwards (if not the greatest) of this century. His legacy is well and truly in tact. I invite Essendon supporters into this discussion to argue that.

Thirdly, don’t think you’re neutral. Just don’t. You’re not neutral. You’ve got a flat out agenda against Geelong and have since last year. You are the most biased and non neutral poster on Big Footy.

The fact that you can try this on and actually be legitimate is laughable.

neutral supporters will remember him as a cheat and a stain on the game.

a solid player and a good leader, but a cheat and a sore loser.

he will never be liked by supporters of clubs other than geelong.

There’s never been a guy I’ve seen go harder than Selwood mate. Maybe Dunstall, but Selwood is a mad Kent.

That is bullshit. There have been a thousand mad bastards play AFL just as hard as Selwood. Voss was harder, Riscutio, Diesel, Matthews, the list goes on and on. I challenge a cats fan to state Selwood is harder than Garry Hocking. He isn’t. Selwood is not special in this regard and does not deserve any special treatment because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

absolutely ridiculous.

cheating should be reviewed competition wide.

makes me sick when puopolo does it - but it's particularly bad at geelong.

the constant venting to the umpires has a bit of the australian cricket team about it too. a really bad look.

Firstly, don’t presume that Joel Selwood will leave behind a negative legacy. The constant emphasis on him and the constant turning of blind eyes to his hard work, leadership, attack at the contest, and never say die approach is actually bordering on sickening. It’s only in the eyes of haters that he will be constantly overlooked for being a champion of Geelong and the AFL.

The Joel Selwood I know was a 19 year old standing in a huddle in the 2007 Grand Final giving his much more experienced team mates a motivational speech to urge on their first flag in 44 years.

The guy is the reason Geelong are where they are after so long.

Secondly, Matthew Lloyd was one of greatest Full Forwards (if not the greatest) of this century. His legacy is well and truly in tact. I invite Essendon supporters into this discussion to argue that.

Thirdly, don’t think you’re neutral. Just don’t. You’re not neutral. You’ve got a flat out agenda against Geelong and have since last year. You are the most biased and non neutral poster on Big Footy.

The fact that you can try this on and actually be legitimate is laughable.

Oi there will be many hawks posters offended by that!

The first part of your post has absolutely nothing to do with the rest.

How is the umpire not paying what you believe is an obvious free kick, in any way the fault of Geelong players?

The perception is that Dangerfield in particular gets away with not having free kicks paid against him.

The Hawthorn supporters making Australian cricket team references in an attempt to be relatable in this thread are pure gold

It’s almost as on the nose as liking posts of people mocking them! Oh they are so much cleverer then us regular folk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back