Preview Geelong V Gold Coast Sat Aug 13 2022 4:35 pm at Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Cooper Stephens fit to.play?
Depends how he's pulled up from the hip injury which kept him out of the VFL

Though not sure how likely he would be to play finals, and thus I'd think he's unlikely to come into the senior team at the moment especially with the senior players who was still have to return

On a side note do we now have line coaches? Pretty sure I heard I think josh Jenkins on SEN say grigg had the mids and lappin coaching the forwards? Any change to the no line coaching approach?

To be fair smith is 33 and has played every game. Suggesting a rest for him isnt exactly out there.

They interviewed him on Triple M and he was asked how long he'd play on. He very quickly replied 'not long!'

But he then went on to say that physically he was doing well and could play on comfortably, then - and this is the point of interest - he continued on to suggest that the mental aspect was getting difficult......ie bracing for the demands of another pre-season etc.

GC crowds have never been truly terrible, they're better than North playing an interstate club at Marvel.

4.35pm is the favoured timeslot for GC home games, so I'd expect somewhere ballpark 12k to 15k
They can't be too confident of a decent roll-up. There's a '2 for 1' sale on tickets for the game running over the next two days.

On a side note do we now have line coaches? Pretty sure I heard I think josh Jenkins on SEN say grigg had the mids and lappin coaching the forwards? Any change to the no line coaching approach?
I think that’s been the case throughout the year and Kelly is coaching defence. It’s just that it’s a less defined line coaching style. So coaches can coach across lines for example Kelly coaches defence to players outside of the defenders.
Jenkins and Ottens spend time with the rucks and key forwards.
Taylor and Egan spend time with the key defenders.
And Byrnes and Betts spend time with the forward group.

Depends how he's pulled up from the hip injury which kept him out of the VFL

Though not sure how likely he would be to play finals, and thus I'd think he's unlikely to come into the senior team at the moment especially with the senior players who was still have to return
I just wouldn't mind just giving him 1 more game just incase we do get a couple of unexpected injuries to our midfield group, that's all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The post you made was in response to "what could go wrong?".

SDK getting a nice rest doesn't fall into that category, if you were implying it threatens our capacity to win the match.
Yes, but read his post clearly. He said he was most looking forward to seeing SDK live, and said, "what could go wrong?" So SDK managed would be that, imho. Nothing sinister at all. You are reading too much into things, and I get that's possibly based on previous posts

Yes, but read his post clearly. He said he was most looking forward to seeing SDK live, and said, "what could go wrong?" So SDK managed would be that, imho. Nothing sinister at all. You are reading too much into things, and I get that's possibly based on previous posts
Oops my mistake! Apologies, I skimmed over the sub text there.

Alas living abroad I've not seen SDK in the flesh either. Was always a treat live seeing Harry Taylor repel opponent attacks at will.

Oops my mistake! Apologies, I skimmed over the sub text there.

Alas living abroad I've not seen SDK in the flesh either. Was always a treat live seeing Harry Taylor repel opponent attacks at will.
Where are you living?
Will you be able to get across if we make the last day in September?

Unusually relaxed for this game. Of course, would love us to win, but we have showed clubs and supporters that we are the best this year. Now just a matter of fine-tuning everything, and no injuries, no suspensions. And I actually think the week off will be good for us.
Not disrespecting GC at all, as they have been very competitive at more times this year than in previous years.
Their young gun mids will be keen to prove a point or 2 to the #1 team.

Highly doubt Hawkins misses a week.
He mentioned on a SEN interview Sunday that he’s looking forward to a sleep in “all tongue in cheek regarding his new born”
Said he’s looking forward to a few days of relaxing, without interruptions
that was one of my first thoughts - giving the family a "ladies only weekend"

:)

You've done well to post this whilst still asleep. 😂
Ha ha smartarse lol
I meant I’m literally sleeping 37 mins and then getting up and I’m doing this now before I sleep.

Yes.. my sleeping life is abhorrent

Go Catters

Yep. I would love to see the side as settled as possible. We don't want to be having numerous changes the next two weeks. I get the whole rest thing, and we've done it well up until this point, but we have only two games before finals so lets get our best side out there in preparation. Keep the strong momentum going.

Only those with genuine niggles should miss IMO.
I’d say at rd 22 every player has a genuine niggle lol

Go Catters

The 3 ‘nos’: No covid, no taking it easy, no injuries.

Crush them and move on. Easy game or not, with our lead in over the past 6 weeks, everyone will be desperate to hold their place in the team. So we will not be taking it easy, rest assured.

And a desperate team is a good (or even great) team.

Go Catters !! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

People have been predicting that Smith will be rested for the past 4-5 weeks.

It hasn't happened, but that hasn't deterred people from continuing to predict it. Maybe they'll get lucky eventually.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he plays 100 for us. Also wouldn’t surprise me if this is his last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back