Game Day Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whyte and Hardie say hello...

Hardie in the VFL is likely about learning systems and we see where it goes

As for the Whyte vs Mullin situation - maybe the club sees more of a future with the Irishman which is why they're investing games into him at this stage

I think he was maybe one of the best in the first 3 Rds, that were losses. Maybe good in a couple of others, that were probably also losses.
I know the club are genuinely indicating 'managed', I mean he's old, right?
What I'm really trying to say is, he's been noticeably absent is numerous games of late, and in that time, when he has appeared, his decisions and/or skills are lacking.
Almost as if he needs to be managed to get him back to his best 👌

Need to start getting more games into Knevitt, can’t believe he’s not playing today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I feel like this is a sliding doors moment for Knevitt. If they wanted to continue with him on the wing then I think he's in for Smith no brainer.

Not playing him to me indicates they've picked now to pull the trigger to send him inside the contest in the 2s and move him back to his draft year position with a view to bring him into more contested work in the seniors next year

North have lost 13 games in a row, Wet Toast is the reason there isn't more scrutiny on this club for how bad they've been this year.

We will not get an easier game then this the rest of the year.

We should win and win well.

Actually looking at who they actually have playing, might be that I'm being overly pessimistic thinking they'll run with us for a few quarters
They've also been pretty competitive the last 2 months. Looking at their last 6 games, they've all been losses but only one spanking last week. A goal in it against the Swans and Bombers, and competitive against the Dogs and GWS. These are all teams around our level at the moment. Getting it done by a few goals would be par.

Hardie is a goalkicking inside mid. If either of Dangerfield or Bruhn were out I could see the argument. Besides, he's only been at the club for ten minutes. Let's let him learn the Geelong system for another game or two before we drop him in the deep end.

Whyte is just a bit meh IMO.

Think it's a bit of a different scenario. Mullin will learn more and faster at senior level, he has far more upside than either Hardie or Whyte. Both Hardie and Whyte have things to work on that they can work on in the 2s. Would much prefer to invest that in Mullin.

Last edited:
Haven’t looked at the VFL squad so no sure if Dempsey is in it.

Just wondering if he is then maybe he might play say 15 mins as a sub today and then potentially a half in the VFL.

Obviously not a possibility if he isn’t in the VFL squad though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t looked at the VFL squad so no sure if Dempsey is in it.

Just wondering if he is then maybe he might play say 15 mins as a sub today and then potentially a half in the VFL.

Obviously not a possibility if he isn’t in the VFL squad though.

I know the last two years that the VFL had allowed the AFL medical sub to play VFL if the seniors match was played first - the was regardless if the sub was activated or how long they had played

Not sure on the ruling this year about the sub playing AFL and then VFL

I know Dempsey was named in the VFL team, so it'll be interesting to see what happens come 5pm if he's played minimal senior minutes

Seems like its s bit empty there? Still the case.?

Hope it fills up - boys want to hear the noise getting a big win!

GO Catters

Looks like Mitch D is warming up with the forwards
I've been wanting this move for a while (to half forward). His radar will come good but even 60% of his kicks forward of centre being good would unlock a lot of attacks. Also he's really great at presenting and giving an option, something we have struggled for during transition this season.

Mitch in the F 50 only leaves me wondering whom besides Miers is kicking it in there

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back