Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
It's a relief to hear you admit that you're a childish troll rather than someone who actually has troubles. You do a good job of pretending to be serious but I'm glad we can now simply dismiss all of your previous arguments as wind-up exercises.
[/QUOTE]

Yes and I’m sure you calling Dusty a downhill skier wasn’t just to have a dig yeah? I know it’s just banter man. It’s fun

It's a relief to hear you admit that you're a childish troll rather than someone who actually has troubles. You do a good job of pretending to be serious but I'm glad we can now simply dismiss all of your previous arguments as wind-up exercises.

Yes and I’m sure you calling Dusty a downhill skier wasn’t just to have a dig yeah? I know it’s just banter man. It’s fun
[/QUOTE]
You didn't execute the quote function properly. Now it's made this post messy.

It's not trolling to say Martin was a champion finals performer when his side were the dominant, champion team but he never showed it in other finals situations. You can draw your own conclusions but that is what happened.

You didn't execute the quote function properly. Now it's made this post messy.

It's not trolling to say Martin was a champion finals performer when his side were the dominant, champion team but he never showed it in other finals situations. You can draw your own conclusions but that is what happened.
[/QUOTE]

I was going to edit and say it was cooking it. I think it’s cause it says quote above my name in your reply. Never seen it before I even tried to fix it.

Anyway leave this reply trail and we’ll try again.

Yeah Ablett was better than most at hitting the scoreboard but still never even kicked 50 goals in a season, even as a forward. 445 goals is great, but he did play for 19 seasons.

I recall the talk when he went back to Geelong late he would spend a lot of time forward but it just didn’t happen. Just another thing the modern game doesn’t feature, so it’s hard for the current day players to measure up.

I’d love to have seen him or Dusty be full time forwards for their last 2-3 seasons just to see how they went. Playing forward is difficult and the true measure of a player’s individual brilliance, for mine. It’s on you to literally beat an opponent one on one (or outnumbered), take the initiative and score. Midfielders move in groups and work together more. They’re obviously very good, but it’s not the true individual test for me.
When Ablett returned to the Cats he was in midfield in 2018 but then 2019/2020 he did play a forward pocket/flanker role. However he focused on creating goals as much as scoring them. Remember also that 2020 had both shortened seasons and games - he only ended up playing 12 games which would be about 9 or 10 regular size games.

Ablett was about a 2.3 combined goal/assist a game player in that role. Pretty good for a broken down 35-36 year old.

A 25 disposal, 2 goal/assist a game midfielder over a 357 game career in the modern era is a pretty high bar. I'm not sure who else will match that. We are in a very high disposal era so maybe a Petracca type draftee. In fact Petracca himself might be the most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um dude you gave Chapman 4, so you obviously knew he played well. 🤣

You just couldn’t put him above Ablett because well…. It doesn’t suit you does it?

Go rewatch the games, you clearly can’t remember them.
You have claimed from posts in your previous banned accounts that you only started watching footy 2014/15… why are you arguing about who was BOG so adamantly in football matches you have never watched??? You are seriously not a bright person.

You have claimed from posts in your previous banned accounts that you only started watching footy 2014/15… why are you arguing about who was BOG so adamantly in football matches you have never watched??? You are seriously not a bright person.

Do you own a tv? Does it not count when you watch footy on it? F me you’re a weirdo.

except you still haven’t watched the games. You are one incredibly dumb person. Your arguments and the way you comprehend and reason things. I can tell you get told this all the time.
He does. At one stage he pretended he had seen the 2007 etc seasons. All later revealed to be a lie.

He has watched a few highlights of some finals and was doing his grade 2 footy tipping in 2007. That's about it.

He also pretends to know how various players from the 90s also compare to his 2014 onwards exclusive era of watching footy.

except you still haven’t watched the games. You are one incredibly dumb person. Your arguments and the way you comprehend and reason things. I can tell you get told this all the time.

I have that’s why I bag Geelong. You guys are overrated af and quite frankly pretty much all the supporter base are delusional. You aren’t a successful footy club. You’re mediocre in almost every facet of the sport, f me it’s unreal how big you’re heads are. At least pies have 16 flags, they can say something.

He does. At one stage he pretended he had seen the 2007 etc seasons. All later revealed to be a lie.

He has watched a few highlights of some finals and was doing his grade 2 footy tipping in 2007. That's about it.

He also pretends to know how various players from the 90s also compare to his 2014 onwards exclusive era of watching footy.

Pretty rich coming from a bloke who didn’t even watch GAS play yet rated h so high. F me feel bad for you 🤣

I have that’s why I bag Geelong. You guys are overrated af and quite frankly pretty much all the supporter base are delusional. You aren’t a successful footy club. You’re mediocre in almost every facet of the sport, f me it’s unreal how big you’re heads are. At least pies have 16 flags, they can say something.

Overrated but the most successful of the century that’s already nearly a quarter of the way through its duration.

Right.

You sound very switched on.

Tell us then, where should we be ranked this century for current football opinion-givers to rate us.

Super-first?
Hyper-first?
Universe-first?
Best in America?
Best in Europe?

We seem to have the Australian Football League covered this century and in your lifetime.

Where else do we need to look chief?

Come on buddy, what boxes do we need to tick to get the coveted golden Falcon seal of approval?

Is it the Fiji League?

Where should Geelong be throwing their hat into the ring next to get your blessing I wonder?

We can’t compete with all those other sides with less flags than us in recent memory. No sir-ee Bob.

Come on mate tell us why oh why won’t you rate us 😂😂😂

Pretty rich coming from a bloke who didn’t even watch GAS play yet rated h so high. F me feel bad for you 🤣
Wrong I'm afraid.

It's probably comforting for you to assume everyone is as ill-informed as you are.

When I know f**k all about a player/era, I don't try and pass off authoritative comparisons. You'll never see me telling you how Coventry compared to Coleman, or even Carey (who I did watch) to Hart (who I didn't).

You even give accounts of the rankings of players from games you have never seen, and act outraged at those from those who have seen the game a handful of times.

Your football knowledge extends to spending 12h a day on BigFooty and 6h a day on afltables, converting one into a god awful posting history on the other.

To put it more succinctly: you are a laughing stock.

Most successful club this century and most successful club in your lifetime. There's a reason Geelong riles you up something chronic. The one team you cannot stand doing it better than everyone else - it'd suck pretty hard I bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back