Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Wrong I'm afraid.

It's probably comforting for you to assume everyone is as ill-informed as you are.

When I know f**k all about a player/era, I don't try and pass off authoritative comparisons. You'll never see me telling you how Coventry compared to Coleman, or even Carey (who I did watch) to Hart (who I didn't).

You even give accounts of the rankings of players from games you have never seen, and act outraged at those from those who have seen the game a handful of times.

Your football knowledge extends to spending 12h a day on BigFooty and 6h a day on afltables, converting one into a god awful posting history on the other.

To put it more succinctly: you are a laughing stock.

What year were you born?

Having made less grand finals than us and far less finals series, your feelings on them are irrelevant

It’s funny you think I’m jealous of the success of the cats when we spanked you 3 times in finals and have more flags. It’s actually quite sad how important you think you are. Short man syndrome personified really.

It’s funny you think I’m jealous of the success of the cats when we spanked you 3 times and have more flags. It’s actually quite sad how important you think you are.

You are or you wouldn’t be in here tearing your hair out about how allegedly overrated we are when we are the most successful club of your lifetime.

I don’t think I’m important.
I don’t think Geelong are important. I know we are the most successful team of the century. Not really sure how that translates to importance except in your world where guys kicking a ball is more important than life itself.

Who gives a shit who the f**k you beat to win your titles.

Claiming the most successful club of the duration of your existence is overrated is pretty much you saying to the world ‘hi. I’m stupid.’

How else do you want teams and clubs to be rated mate? Using your pathetic membership wank? 😂😂

‘Oh we have lots of fans like Taylor Swift so we must be cool.’

Hmmm. No.

Ok maybeeeeeeee……
How many times you can get flogged by 100 points or more this century.
7? Well that’s a lot and it’s a good number, 7. It’s pretty high. But no I don’t see it as being a good way to rate clubs or teams.

Hmm maybe we can…… I KNOW. Rate teams by how much they have a reputation for their members putting their card in the microwave!!!!

Nah that probably isn’t really a good way either.

Nah I think we just stick with the normal method.

Success.

In which case, it begs the question.

Why.

In f**k.

Would you think that the most successful club of the century is overrated?

Are the Melbourne Storm overrated?

Were the 80s Lakers and Celtics overrated?

Hey maybe the St George side was overrated?

Tiger Woods. Definitely the most overrated golfer of the last 30 years.

I have that’s why I bag Geelong. You guys are overrated af and quite frankly pretty much all the supporter base are delusional. You aren’t a successful footy club. You’re mediocre in almost every facet of the sport, f me it’s unreal how big you’re heads are. At least pies have 16 flags, they can say something.

You guys are about to spend a decade in the wilderness again. You know it too.

I have that’s why I bag Geelong. You guys are overrated af and quite frankly pretty much all the supporter base are delusional. You aren’t a successful footy club. You’re mediocre in almost every facet of the sport, f me it’s unreal how big you’re heads are. At least pies have 16 flags, they can say something.
Yet you spend half your life sitting in your basement obsessively posting in every geelong thread on big footy. You are obsessed with geelong.

You are or you wouldn’t be in here tearing your hair out about how allegedly overrated we are when we are the most successful club of your lifetime.

I don’t think I’m important.
I don’t think Geelong are important. I know we are the most successful team of the century. Not really sure how that translates to importance except in your world where guys kicking a ball is more important than life itself.

Who gives a s**t who the f**k you beat to win your titles.

Claiming the most successful club of the duration of your existence is overrated is pretty much you saying to the world ‘hi. I’m stupid.’

How else do you want teams and clubs to be rated mate? Using your pathetic membership wank?

‘Oh we have lots of fans like Taylor Swift so we must be cool.’

Hmmm. No.

Ok maybeeeeeeee……
How many times you can get flogged by 100 points or more this century.
7? Well that’s a lot and it’s a good number, 7. It’s pretty high. But no I don’t see it as being a good way to rate clubs or teams.

Hmm maybe we can…… I KNOW. Rate teams by how much they have a reputation for their members putting their card in the microwave!!!!

Nah that probably isn’t really a good way either.

Nah I think we just stick with the normal method.

Success.

In which case, it begs the question.

Why.

In f**k.

Would you think that the most successful club of the century is overrated?

Are the Melbourne Storm overrated?

Were the 80s Lakers and Celtics overrated?

Hey maybe the St George side was overrated?

Tiger Woods. Definitely the most overrated golfer of the last 30 years.

You see you have to shorten the goalposts to stay relevant. “This century” well pies are the most successful side since 2023 🤪 Wowee

Over the history of the game you are mediocre club with 10 flags, with a mediocre supporter base, mediocre stadium and mediocre 1 club legends. On top of that dump your best player never won a flag and your 2nd best played his peak rotting away and a brand new club. So yeah seems pretty mediocre to me, I honestly don’t know how you do it.

You see you have to shorten the goalposts to stay relevant. “This century” well pies are the most successful side since 2023 🤪 Wowee

Over the history of the game you are mediocre club with 10 flags, with a mediocre supporter base, mediocre stadium and mediocre 1 club legends. On top of that dump your best player never won a flag and your 2nd best played his peak rotting away and a brand new club. So yeah seems pretty mediocre to me, I honestly don’t know how you do it.

No I don’t have to shorten shit.

I understand where everything sits.

We aren’t as successful as a number of clubs overall and that’s fine. But what in **** do I care.

There’s f**k all people even left alive who’ve seen most of Melbourne’s success, and the same is true for Collingwood. So what the f**k are they going to brag about?

‘Ooh I’ve got some newspaper clippings from printing presses that don’t get used anymore because the technology is four generations out of date that let me know my team won some comps years ago when my grandfather was at his physical peak.’

Yeah, great mate. What does it mean to me? I couldn’t care less.

For you?

Well for most of your life your team has been a f**ken joke. Ok you’ve just come good so well done. Before that it was 40 years since you did shit so well done, go sniff some pants and trade war stories about how good the 1980 grand final was 😂😂😂

I sure as shit enjoyed the 1963 edition…. Boy howdy it was fun…..
Is what I’d be saying if it actually meant shit. Which it doesn’t. I didn’t see it so who cares.

I’m 40 years old so I care about what I’ve seen, and what I’ve seen is my team be finalists basically my entire football following life, I’ve seen yours be a joke for most of it, and watching you giving it the biggen because some c**t in yellow and black cotton kicked a ball through some posts six decades ago as though it means you’ve personally achieved something is probably the saddest thing I’ve ever read 😂😂

No I don’t have to shorten s**t.

I understand where everything sits.

We aren’t as successful as a number of clubs overall and that’s fine. But what in * do I care.

There’s f**k all people even left alive who’ve seen most of Melbourne’s success, and the same is true for Collingwood. So what the f**k are they going to brag about?

‘Ooh I’ve got some newspaper clippings from printing presses that don’t get used anymore because the technology is four generations out of date that let me know my team won some comps years ago when my grandfather was at his physical peak.’

Yeah, great mate. What does it mean to me? I couldn’t care less.

For you?

Well for most of your life your team has been a f**ken joke. Ok you’ve just come good so well done. Before that it was 40 years since you did s**t so well done, go sniff some pants and trade war stories about how good the 1980 grand final was

I sure as s**t enjoyed the 1963 edition…. Boy howdy it was fun…..
Is what I’d be saying if it actually meant s**t. Which it doesn’t. I didn’t see it so who cares.

I’m 40 years old so I care about what I’ve seen, and what I’ve seen is my team be finalists basically my entire football following life, I’ve seen yours be a joke for most of it, and watching you giving it the biggen because some c**t in yellow and black cotton kicked a ball through some posts six decades ago as though it means you’ve personally achieved something is probably the saddest thing I’ve ever read

40 years old? So you didn’t really watch GAS either. Hmm interesting, I’m starting to see a pattern here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You saw him as an old fart getting demolished yet lecture me about watching replays when you have probably done the same thing. He retired when you were 12 ffs. Peak hypocrisy.
No, he retired after 1996 just before I turned 14. In 1996 as ‘an old fart’ he kicked 4 goals a game and still managed two bags of 9, another of 7 and two of 6 you f**king ******* 😂😂😂😂 and a year before it when I actually WAS 12 he kicked 122 in 22 games.

Unlike you when I was 12 years old - which I would probably guess is your mental age but who’s counting - I was capable of watching, interpreting, and remembering what I saw.

I can still guide you through nearly every shot of Brian Lara’s 277 from 1992-93 if you like when I was even younger.

I can talk you through David Boon’s three Ashes centuries from 1993.

I can talk you through the NRL grand finals - or NSWRL as they were - grand finals - of 89-94 because I’m not as thick as two planks and actually watched them. I can remember Steve Jackson when I was 5 years old carrying a handful of Balmain players across the line in 89 to give Canberra their first premiership. It was the day after Hawthorn beat Geelong.

I remember Royce Simmons crossing from dummy half in 1991 to give Penrith their first premiership against Canberra

Not everyone is as inept at actually knowing what’s happened in the world as you are.

We don’t all rely on AFL tables for information. Some of us just watch sport and remember what we saw

No, he retired after 1996 just before I turned 14. In 1996 as ‘an old fart’ he kicked 4 goals a game and still managed two bags of 9, another of 7 and two of 6 you f*king ****** and a year before it when I actually WAS 12 he kicked 122 in 22 games.

Unlike you when I was 12 years old - which I would probably guess is your mental age but who’s counting - I was capable of watching, interpreting, and remembering what I saw.

I can still guide you through nearly every shot of Brian Lara’s 277 from 1992-93 if you like when I was even younger.

I can talk you through David Boon’s three Ashes centuries from 1993.

I can talk you through the NRL grand finals - or NSWRL as they were - grand finals - of 89-94 because I’m not as thick as two planks and actually watched them. I can remember Steve Jackson when I was 5 years old carrying a handful of Balmain players across the line in 89 to give Canberra their first premiership. It was the day after Hawthorn beat Geelong.

I remember Royce Simmons crossing from dummy half in 1991 to give Penrith their first premiership against Canberra

Not everyone is as inept at actually knowing what’s happened in the world as you are.

We don’t all rely on AFL tables for information. Some of us just watch sport and remember what we saw

So when he was in his prime you were less than 10. Sorry but I don’t trust your memory at that age.

I have a feeling these other cats supporters are in the same boat since they don’t want to give their ages either.

No wonder you guys are grumpy all the time. You never even got to see/remember your best player play the game. Now I really feel bad for you. But yeah keep pumping him up and being hypocritical.

So when he was in his prime you were less than 10. Sorry but I don’t trust your memory at that age.

I have a feeling these other cats supporters are in the same boat since they don’t want to give their ages either.

No wonder you guys are grumpy all the time. You never even got to see/remember your best player play the game. Now I really feel bad for you. But yeah keep pumping him up and being hypocritical.

When he kicked 100+ 3 years in a row I was already 10 at the start of that sequence.
I watched and remember 7 full seasons of him.

I couldn’t give a f**k what you trust. I don’t trust your memory of when you were 20 based on the shit you post.
Being able to recall and describe him is not my cross to bear, it’s yours. The fact that your minuscule intellect is too small to remember what you did yesterday isn’t my problem mate.

I don’t have to pump him up. I watched him and like everyone else who watched him, I saw how good he was. I don’t have to sniff people’s pants and flog myself over players who died before I was born.

The fact that YOU bring him up more than we do says a fair bit.

Last edited:
Hoping to come in a read something half way to do with the subject. Pages of this, call it a draw and shake hands and maybe back to the topic.

In fairness the whole point of the thread is just to go at each other.

But your fellow Tiger supporter’s inability to comprehend that the most successful team of the century gets rated the highest by a lot of people would probably explain why he’s copping it

But your fellow Tiger supporter’s inability to comprehend that the most successful team of the century gets rated the highest by a lot of people would probably explain why he’s copping it
Bit of a two horse race at the moment, and the point of the thread is probably to discuss present day rather than who is better than who and by what definition.

Preseason, so probably a bit early to know the result of the thread title anyway. Carry on.

Geez that’s a sad sentence you don’t even know what you are. You aren’t the most successful team you are the most successful CLUB. Your best team wasn’t even good enough to go b2b. That’s shit.

Not even in 2010 when the two teams in the GF had a 17 and 15 win seasons respectively.

Geez that’s a sad sentence you don’t even know what you are. You aren’t the most successful team you are the most successful CLUB. Your best team wasn’t even good enough to go b2b. That’s s**t.

Not even in 2010 when the two teams in the GF had a 17 and 15 win seasons respectively.

Sorry to make you wet your pants.

“Cope harder.”

Was it shit when you guys won in 2019 was it? 😂😂😂

Did you and your 0 friends - because I’m guessing few if any Richmond fans actually enjoy your company given the lack of any meaningful conversation you could actually bring to the table - wander around after the 2019 decider, going ‘ooooh this is so shit because we didn’t win last year, we only won the year before it’?

Is that how you celebrated 2019 is it Falcon?

😂😂😀😀

You f**ken dipsh**t

Could you be any stupider 😂

When he kicked 100+ 3 years in a row I was already 10 at the start of that sequence.
I watched and remember 7 full seasons of him.

I couldn’t give a f**k what you trust. I don’t trust your memory of when you were 20 based on the s**t you post.
Being able to recall and describe him is not my cross to bear, it’s yours. The fact that your minuscule intellect is too small to remember what you did yesterday isn’t my problem mate.

I don’t have to pump him up. I watched him and like everyone else who watched him, I saw how good he was. I don’t have to sniff people’s pants and flog myself over players who died before I was born.

The fact that YOU bring him up more than we do says a fair bit.

No you didn’t “watch him” you were in primary school. You essentially just existed and from the sounds of it didn’t even watch the replays. So you’re full of shit.

No you didn’t “watch him” you were in primary school. You essentially just existed and from the sounds of it didn’t even watch the replays. So you’re full of s**t.

Lolllllll so being in primary school precludes you from watching someone?

When I was in primary school I had already played a few seasons of footy (not AFL) myself, my son played 3, and I played 5 of cricket and spent the whole time WATCHING sport you simpleton 😂

Why the f**k would I be able to watch and appreciate the players I saw based on being in primary school?

Full of shit?

That’s a strange way for someone who’s self worth depends on a football club and players he never saw to describe someone who gives an honest appraisal of players he watched and remembers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back