Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
No these are just some of the standouts from the AFL era.

For that time period (players prominent in the 90s onwards) you might be able to help me with Richmond's players.

Martin
Richardson
Riewoldt
Rance
Cotchin

It's a good top 5. Everyone would take Ablett Senior, Ablett Junior, Scarlett, Hawkins and Selwood as group though.

Who's next for Richmond, best you've ever seen in your lifetime?

Campbell
Deledio
K.Johnson
N.Brown (very briefly as a Tiger sadly)
Bowden
Prestia
Houli
Grimes
Lynch
Edwards

I guess for Geelong it'd be

Dangerfield
Enright
Hocking
Couch
Bartel
Chapman
S.Johnson
Bairstow
Stewart
Taylor

Different class. And the gap would widen for the next 10, and the 10 after that, and so on.

It seems a lot of your insecurity complex comes from these kinds of comparisons.
You have more depth in the AFL era only.

We have Dusty and KB the two best finals player ever. Then Royce hart who made it ok field in the TOC over GAS who only made the bench. He’s probably the 2nd best CHF ever just behind Carey.

Also Ian Stewart, Dyer are pretty awesome for second tier. Richo is also better than any Geelong players in the AFL era except for Ablett.

Delidio, not sure where you would rank. Maybe Bartel level just with no success.

As a coach we have Hafey as our best, who’s yours Chris Scott? 🤣

So yeah I’m taking Richmond legends over Geelongs anyday.

We have Dusty and KB the two best finals player ever. Then Royce hart who made it ok field in the TOC over GAS who only made the bench. He’s probably the 2nd best CHF ever just behind Carey.

Also Ian Stewart, Dyer are pretty awesome for second tier. Richo is also better than any Geelong players in the AFL era except for Ablett.

Delidio, not sure where you would rank. Maybe Bartel level just with no success.

Deledio and Bartel in the same sentence.

Um.

Gee.

That’s, that’s something.

You really don’t know much about footy beyond what you get told by the people whose boots you lick on Tiger forums do you?

Never heard of Doug Wade? You know, that other guy who isn’t Coventry, Ablett, Lockett, Franklin or Dunstall that kicked 1000 goals?

Last edited:

Just going on who we've both enjoyed watching the last few decades (or singular decade for you). As much as I'm sure you enjoyed watching KB's performances on those famous DVD's of your Dad's.

You'll be able to regale me of all the tales from going to watch Hart, Stewart and Dyer play. Hell, even Richo's peak was before your time.

There's not a lot of quality depth there. Martin and Rance had short peaks. Riewoldt was quality for a long time thankfully. Cotchin became workmanlike rather than a star after 2013. There are those Bowden, Grimes, Prestia types to round it out I guess.

But yeah slim pickings I guess for champion individuals in the AFL era. All that little bit worse than their Geelong equivalents. It shouldn't make you bitter.

Deledio and Bartel in the same sentence.

Um.

Gee.

That’s, that’s something.
You haven't learned the art of drawing out Falcon's most ridiculous conclusions and statements of fact. He hasn't tried for Castagna over Chapman but this type of work is in his locker for sure.

When you spout such deluded nonsense you are in fact arguing against the premise that you could ever have a rational thought.

Meh I don’t care he was a traitor anyway. But you forget how good he was in such a poor side pre-injury. If he played for Geelong 07-11 you’d consider him a world beater. Same thing with Richo.
No id just consider him a relatively decent player which he was. He wasn’t anywhere near as good as Jimmy Bartel. For the precise reason that he wasn’t.

And he wasn’t a traitor.

Traitors leave their country and fight for other countries against yours or seek to politically undermine it.

Brett Deledio left his employer and sought employment elsewhere. If you had any life experience beyond watching guys play sport you’d have some understanding of this.

Just going on who we've both enjoyed watching the last few decades (or singular decade for you). As much as I'm sure you enjoyed watching KB's performances on those famous DVD's of your Dad's.

You'll be able to regale me of all the tales from going to watch Hart, Stewart and Dyer play. Hell, even Richo's peak was before your time.

There's not a lot of quality depth there. Martin and Rance had short peaks. Riewoldt was quality for a long time thankfully. Cotchin became workmanlike rather than a star after 2013. There are those Bowden, Grimes, Prestia types to round it out I guess.

But yeah slim pickings I guess for champion individuals in the AFL era. All that little bit worse than their Geelong equivalents. It shouldn't make you bitter.
Most of them are legend status in the hall of fame. Sit down.

Who’s AFL legend status from Geelong apart from Polly?

The AFL era is longer than your lifetime for starters and extends through most of mine so hey, it’s been plenty enjoyable hasn’t it 😎

You haven't learned the art of drawing out Falcon's most ridiculous conclusions and statements of fact. He hasn't tried for Castagna over Chapman but this type of work is in his locker for sure.

When you spout such deluded nonsense you are in fact arguing against the premise that you could ever have a rational thought.
I think it’s quite deluded saying Castanga is better than Chapman. Check yourself first before criticising others. I’ve never said that ever.

Most of them are legend status in the hall of fame. Sit down.

Who’s AFL legend status from Geelong apart from Polly?

lol, Ian Stewart played 70 games with you at the tail end of his career. I thought you’d distance yourself from that sort of thing.

I’ll start claiming Isaac smith as a Geelong legend for his norm smith and you can claim Stewart as a tigers legend for his Tiger Brownlow. Deal?

You see there are two types of footy people

1. People like STPer who give good banter and don’t takes things to heart. Genuinely funny

2. People like you and Phatboy who turn nasty and take everything seriously. Phatboy thinks that I actually think Hawkins is obese. How cooked is that.

Lighten up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. People like STPer who give good banter and don’t takes things to heart. Genuinely funny

2. People like you and Phatboy who turn nasty and take everything seriously. Phatboy thinks that I actually think Hawkins is obese. How cooked is that.

Lighten up

You say that having literally taken pot shots at every player you talk about.

You had the hide to have a crack at Ablett for his religious beliefs effecting his captaincy ffs

You crap on about Hawkins’ weight as though he’s NOT in the 2nd percentile of fitness across males under 40 across the nation.

Don’t play that card.

No that’s you misinterpreting. You do this all the time. Hence you make stupid statements like that which I’ve never said.

You made one equally silly by equating Deledio to Jimmy Bartel. They’re not even in the same ballpark

It would be like one of us trying to compare Cameron Ling or James Kelly to Trent Cotchin

You say that having literally taken pot shots at every player you talk about.

You had the hide to have a crack at Ablett for his religious beliefs effecting his captaincy ffs

You crap on about Hawkins’ weight as though he’s NOT in the 2nd percentile of fitness across males under 40 across the nation.

Don’t play that card.
See again. You think I think Hawkins is fat. F me it’s a joke.

He isn’t fat compared to the whole country, just AFL standard.

See again. You think I think Hawkins is fat. F me it’s a joke.

He isn’t fat compared to the whole country, just AFL standard.

Is he? I wouldn’t have even thought that. He’s just a huge bloke and I don’t even think it is a point or comment worth making

Noted fat c**t that I am, I know I sure as shit wouldn’t mind looking like him

Lighten up
You're telling someone to lighten up that enjoys laughing at the insane things you say.

Take your own advice and keep the quality content flowing.

[/QUOTE]
They are only insane if you think I’m dead set serious all the time. Which you both do.
It's a relief to hear you admit that you're a childish troll rather than someone who actually has troubles. You do a good job of pretending to be serious but I'm glad we can now simply dismiss all of your previous arguments as wind-up exercises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back