• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 29.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
None of that explains the Tiggies angst towards Geelong though, and that was six years ago. Things cooled off for a time but after Tom Lynch's now infamous miss in the Elim Final followed up by Geelong saluting in 2022 at the home of football, things really picked up, at least on this website. Sock puppet accounts, multilayered conspiracy theories - I've read some absolute rippers - the works really. Even the AA team selection got some Tiggies noses seriously out of joint. Geelong's near perfect year in 2022, the first year out of the messy COVID seasons, seemed to rile at least some of the Punt Road mob up something chronic.
Keep re-writing history champ, you know damn well that's how it started. You clowns got your noses put out of place and didn't like the fact we have mocked you since then. You then look to any excuse to try and get one back.

Believe me, there's plenty of Geelong fans who found that extremely embarrassing and pathetic. The club's comments after losing the Prelim in 2019 didn't help either.

Sport is cyclical. Enjoy your time on top because you'll be on the receiving end soon enough.
100 % correct, we are on the way down no doubt.

It’s pretty obvious Richmond has the wood on Geelong in finals. Argue against it all you want, but it’s a fact. Geelong supporters arguing anything but are taking knife to a gun fight. Saying that, Geelong haven’t really had a record this century to sneeze at. 6 GF appearances, 4 wins.

I mean if Melbourne had that record and lost 2 GF to Collingwood but won 4 against whoever else, I’d give a thread like this a wide berth and just enjoy the fact I’d seen 4 flags.

wise words.

Keep re-writing history champ, you know damn well that's how it started. You clowns got your noses put out of place and didn't like the fact we have mocked you since then. You then look to any excuse to try and get one back.
No counter-point champ, just denial of facts. Concession accepted.

Anyway on a more cordial note, I can't wait to read the next elaborate underground scheme Geelong and the AFL have been concocting to hamper the ever-victimized Tigers. :grinv1:

No counter-point champ, just denial of facts. Concession accepted.

Anyway on a more cordial note, I can't wait to read the next elaborate underground scheme Geelong and the AFL have been concocting to hamper the ever-victimized Tigers. :grinv1:
That's all you got though trivial stuff, we have the actual points on the board when it matters most.
Enjoy your salt

That's all you got though trivial stuff, we have the actual points on the board when it matters most.
Enjoy your salt
Salt - one of the funnier buzzwords thrown around online from those resorting to projection. What I will enjoy is the four premierships I've seen my club win since the turn of the century, the most in the comp. Three ain't bad either mind you, we were there for a while too before we went one better.

Salt - one of the funnier buzzwords thrown around online from those resorting to projection. What I will enjoy is the four premierships I've seen my club win since the turn of the century, the most in the comp. Three ain't bad either mind you, we were there for a while too before we went one better.
None against us though, your finals record against us in our time in the sun speaks for itself.

None against us though, your finals record against us in our time in the sun speaks for itself.
We haven't won a single final against Gold Coast ever, doesn't keep me up at night. Joel Selwood's picture-perfect fairy tale send-off was the crowning moment of our glorious era spanning 15 years and four premierships, the ups and downs in-between just add to the legacy.

View attachment Home.mp4

I'm loving looking at the list below ! Geelongs players age for this time next season should they continue to play on

Tuohy - 34
Tom Stewart - 31
Rhys Stanley - 33
Isaac Smith - 35
Gary Rohan - 32
Esava Ratugolea - 29
Sam Menegola - 32
Tom Hawkins - 35
Cam Guthrie - 31
Mitch Duncan - 32
Patrick Clangerfield - 34
Jonathon Ceglar - 32
Mark Blicavs - 33
Jed Bews - 30

Love to see any Geelong supporter put up a best under 26 year old team as i would doubt any of the above players will still be running around at the start of the 2025 season.

That well is so deep its looking like a 10 year rebuild

2020 will forever be tainted.
Half the competition couldn't give a sh*t just like most other sporting codes around the world. And I'd say the same thing if Geelong pinched that flag.
17 week season, 16 minute quarters lol, no wonder it'll be the last time in decades your mob win anything.

Will just have to take stopping you in 2017 by 7 goals and who can forgot the 19 prelim!

#rentfree

Was at that game. Poured down all day, and we were all in t-shirts because it wasn't even cold. Watched it up behind the goals at the Geelong end.

Weird what you remember.
I was there too.
Under 19s, reserves and Seniors
From memory the closest game that day was the reserves which we lost by only 98 points, the other 2 were smashing. At half time in none of those games did any Richmond supporters flee home to hide under their beds and tattle to Neil Mitchell. Can you imagine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this shitfight even a thing?

Truly bizarre.
As one of the most Richmond obsessed posters on Big Footy, I suspect you're being disingenuous.
Just out of curiosity: Why are you so angry and salty at Richmond? It's not as if anyone from Richmond gives a shite about WA, except when you're beating Collingwood in grand finals :thumbsu:

You’d won 5 by around WWII, you also not including them when arguing with the Catters supporters?

You said the Pies trophy cabinet had more cups in it than Richmond. Seeing as they didn’t give out cups until 1959 I wondered how that could be true. If you’re talking premierships or flags, then yes the Pies have won more than Richmond.

Actually, I think a few years ago the league awarded cups retrospectively and tried to make the clubs pay for them until Eddie McGuire told them to go jump, the AFL should pay (bless him). So in fact you might be correct about your cabinet now.

You said the Pies trophy cabinet had more cups in it than Richmond. Seeing as they didn’t give out cups until 1959 I wondered how that could be true. If you’re talking premierships or flags, then yes the Pies have won more than Richmond.

Actually, I think a few years ago the league awarded cups retrospectively and tried to make the clubs pay for them until Eddie McGuire told them to go jump, the AFL should pay (bless him). So in fact you might be correct about your cabinet now.
I think they’ve got you covered, nonetheless.

I was there too.
Under 19s, reserves and Seniors
From memory the closest game that day was the reserves which we lost by only 98 points, the other 2 were smashing. At half time in none of those games did any Richmond supporters flee home to hide under their beds and tattle to Neil Mitchell. Can you imagine?

Yep. All part of going to the footy. You endure the crap times because it makes the successful period that much sweeter.

100 % correct, we are on the way down no doubt.

From a neutral point of view, Collingwood were clearly the better side last week, and really were always going to win.

But if you were Hardwick (or a fan), there was a lot to like. The grit was back, and they just wouldn't go away. And you can clearly see that Ross, Mansell, and Cumberland all look better, which is what every club wants from young players (Ralphsmith too to a lesser extent). The downside is the forward line if Lynch isn't taking marks, and Bolton is a bit hit and miss at the moment (thought he was awful for chunks against Adelaide). Just need Taranto to use the ball a little better, he's having no problems finding it.

Not picking them to win the flag, but based on that outing and the Adelaide game they should still be pretty competitive.

Will just have to take stopping you in 2017 by 7 goals and who can forgot the 19 prelim!

#rentfree
2020 was still the most meritorious of the victories vs Geelong in recent finals. Neutral venue and Geelong full strength on the back of two good finals wins with plenty of players in form. In 2017 they easily could've lost the Crows prelim by 100 points and in 2019 they were dominated early by a pretty average Pies side (that couldn't even deal with GWS at home), then had no Hawkins or Duncan for the prelim. They were only good for beating an interstate side in the semis during that time. Collingwood have been beaten in finals every Geelong flag since 2007 but there's no real obsession from Geelong fans about it. They were good, the Cats were a bit better. Same as Richmond over Geelong during their flags. During Geelong's previous dynasty it was the same, just that Richmond weren't making finals.

2020 was still the most meritorious of the victories vs Geelong in recent finals. Neutral venue and Geelong full strength on the back of two good finals wins with plenty of players in form. In 2017 they easily could've lost the Crows prelim by 100 points and in 2019 they were dominated early by a pretty average Pies side (that couldn't even deal with GWS at home), then had no Hawkins or Duncan for the prelim. They were only good for beating an interstate side in the semis during that time. Collingwood have been beaten in finals every Geelong flag since 2007 but there's no real obsession from Geelong fans about it. They were good, the Cats were a bit better. Same as Richmond over Geelong during their flags. During Geelong's previous dynasty it was the same, just that Richmond weren't making finals.

Goes back much further. Also 1925, 1937, 1951, and 1952. If we face Collingwood in finals and beat them, we tend to end up winning the flag.

I say it all the time because it doesn't get enough coverage - Collingwood and Geelong have faced each other more times in finals than any other two teams. More than any combination of Richmond/Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon. If finals and grand finals are what counts (and they are), technically it is the biggest rivalry in footy.

Yep. All part of going to the footy. You endure the crap times because it makes the successful period that much sweeter.
And what a miserable day that was for me.
On top of watching all of Richmond's teams get absolutely smashed, I got soaking wet and by the time I got back home to Richmond I was shivering with a fever and spent the next couple of days in bed.
But you're absolutely right, those dark, dark times make the good times feel so very joyous.

We've won the same amount of flags since we joined the competition in 1908 13 each, Collingwood had 5 flags before we won our first but we understand its only fair to give the smaller clubs a bit of a head start.

Considering their media profile, automatic hogging of public holiday fixtures, very few stop and notice that this "power" club has won a total of exactly 2 premierships in the last 64 seasons.

I can acknowledge Richmond’s superior record to us in finals but for some reason (probably the previous 30 years of dominance) it still feels like we own them.

We have caused the tigers so much pain, as evidenced by their fans in here.
Tigers were that side you hoped would win when you didn’t play them because you felt bad for them. I feel like our fans deserve more respect for the support we showed them over such a long time.
This rivalry is so weird.

Back