• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 29.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

I can acknowledge Richmond’s superior record to us in finals but for some reason (probably the previous 30 years of dominance) it still feels like we own them.

We have caused the tigers so much pain, as evidenced by their fans in here.
Tigers were that side you hoped would win when you didn’t play them because you felt bad for them. I feel like our fans deserve more respect for the support we showed them over such a long time.
This rivalry is so weird.
Man just admitted he’s living a delusion wot

We’ve had Bontempelli play almost permanent midfield to make up for losing Dunkley. It obviously leaves a need to move some magnets around but not entirely sure our games to date play out much different if Dunkley is playing.

I don't get the stuff written about Dunkley. To me, his absence means virtually nothing to your midfield. He's a high possession ineffectual midfielder. They are probably the most overrated type in the modern era. And this is the era to be a midfielder.
We are seeing it right now with Tim Taranto. Opposition teams will let him get 30 touches per game and they won't bat an eye-lid. They simply don't hurt you.

I don't get the stuff written about Dunkley. To me, his absence means virtually nothing to your midfield. He's a high possession ineffectual midfielder. They are probably the most overrated type in the modern era. And this is the era to be a midfielder.
We are seeing it right now with Tim Taranto. Opposition teams will let him get 30 touches per game and they won't bat an eye-lid. They simply don't hurt you.
Best example is Clangerfield
4 touches in the 2nd half when his team needed his leadership - Goes missing

Tim Taranto & Dunkley are very different mids and to even use that as a comparison is just silly

If Dangerfield never played another game would the Cats even miss him ?
Dunkley is / was a massive piece in the doggies lineup and was the B & F winner that played a variety of roles

Best example is Clangerfield
4 touches in the 2nd half when his team needed his leadership - Goes missing

Tim Taranto & Dunkley are very different mids and to even use that as a comparison is just silly

If Dangerfield never played another game would the Cats even miss him ?
Dunkley is / was a massive piece in the doggies lineup and was the B & F winner that played a variety of roles

Again, not sure why you always bring up Dangerfield when I post anything about a midfielder.
I have never been the biggest fan of his. Great footballer. Power, strength and tenacity at the footy puts him a rare class but I do think Dunkley is similar to Taranto in terms of ceiling. They are very good players who win plenty of the ball. Prestia, Guthrie, Adams, Crouch, they won't ever get tagged. They are a dime-a-dozen.

Again, not sure why you always bring up Dangerfield when I post anything about a midfielder.
I have never been the biggest fan of his. Great footballer. Power, strength and tenacity at the footy puts him a rare class but I do think Dunkley is similar to Taranto in terms of ceiling. They are very good players who win plenty of the ball. Prestia, Guthrie, Adams, Crouch, they won't ever get tagged. They are a dime-a-dozen.
Maybe because he is a mid playing the exact role as the player you are sh!tting on and using as an example in your posts when you have a worse version sitting infront of your face that you watch every week ?

Dunkley is nothing like Taranto , Dunkley is a bigger foward threat than taranto and plays more like Dangerfield than Taranto

Maybe because he is a mid playing the exact role as the player you are sh!tting on and using as an example in your posts when you have a worse version sitting infront of your face that you watch every week ?

Dunkley is nothing like Taranto , Dunkley is a bigger foward threat than taranto and plays more like Dangerfield than Taranto

All I am saying is teams won't care too much for players like Dunkley or Taranto getting plenty of the ball.

Now for whatever reason, you have brought up Dangerfield who is an 8 x All Australian player. He is a superior footballer despite his mediocre kicking efficiency. Not even sure why I am talking to you about this. It's nonsensical.

All I am saying is teams won't care too much for players like Dunkley or Taranto getting plenty of the ball.

Now for whatever reason, you have brought up Dangerfield who is an 8 x All Australian player. He is a superior footballer despite his mediocre kicking efficiency. Not even sure why I am talking to you about this. It's nonsensical.
LOL so on 1 hand you are saying you dont rate dangerfield and couldnt care if he never played another game
Then
you are saying he is a 8 time AA and a far superior player to the other 2

which is it ?
Are the recruiters at Brisbane & Richmond as well as the doggies & GWS that incompetent and terrible judge of talent that
YOU are better ?

I really dont know why i respond to your dumb posts

* Edit : And both Dunkley & Taranto are B & F Winners in teams that have played in GF's

The Lord Jesus wasn't mentioned once during today's Good Friday broadcast. But I bet the fans at the ground screamed his name at some of the umpiring decisions.

But the umps performed a live crucifixion of north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Richmond overrated bunch of hacks.

Yet, those hacks have 6 more points this season than the 'greatest team of all' and reigning premiers. 🤣👏

Because he's a liability
2022 All-Australian doesn't get retrospectively removed because he's playing unfit in 2023. Last year he was the most complete key forward in the game alongside Jeremy Cameron. Easiest choice in the team to get them both in alongside the Coleman Medalist. First two goals of the GF to kickstart our domination were glorious too.

Fa7FIGwaQAMSvOI.jpg

2022 All-Australian doesn't get retrospectively removed because he's playing unfit in 2023. Last year he was the most complete key forward in the game alongside Jeremy Cameron. Easiest choice in the team to get them both in alongside the Coleman Medalist. First two goals of the GF to kickstart our domination were glorious too.

View attachment 1653820
That AA captaincy is becoming a nepotistic embarrassment for the selectors

That AA captaincy is becoming a nepotistic embarrassment for the selectors
Based on what? Do we revoke Martin's Brownlow because he's been playing like a busted arse for the better part of three seasons? I know Hawkins dominating the comp was a real sour point for Richmond supporters in particular, but I genuinely don't get how you can advocate revoking an award that is entirely based on a particular season due to performances in a proceeding one.

Based on what? Do we revoke Martin's Brownlow because he's been playing like a busted arse for the better part of three seasons? I know Hawkins dominating the comp was a real sour point for Richmond supporters in particular, but I genuinely don't get how you can advocate revoking an award that is entirely based on a particular season due to performances in a proceeding one.
Because Gil McLoughlin plays polo with Tom Hawkins and Hawkins is part of the boys club. He's not even in the top 15 full forwards of all time and has never kicked 8 goals.
The captain should have been Cripps, Gawn or Touk Miller imo.
Rance and Buddy deserved it because they are amougst the very best in their position of all time.

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back