Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
And yet it didn’t happen and nobody cares. All people will see is a big fat 0 next to his name FOREVER.

Now please keep screaming your delusional opinions at the wall. Just not on here.
Here comes the tantrum.

"Screaming delusions at the wall" = calmly demonstrating the finals in which Ablett was BOG or close to it.

For games...you haven't even seen.

You're then pretending...to know who the best players were each game, and in what order. You won't say much other than "Chappy 5 and 17 clear BOG...and Bartel UNDERRATED". Then get corrected on each point and try to ignore that you ever said it. General nonsense.

Then label someone else delusional.

A round of applause for you Cleany.

And yet it didn’t happen and nobody cares. All people will see is a big fat 0 next to his name FOREVER.

Now please keep screaming your delusional opinions at the wall. Just not on here.

Of course it didn’t happen because it didn’t exist: the whole fulcrum of your argument is based on criticising someone for not winning something that wasn’t available to win 😂😂😂

Same as your stupid Bill Russell argument

Next you’ll be telling us Bradman’s T20 record drops him down the cricket pecking order

Here comes the tantrum.

"Screaming delusions at the wall" = calmly demonstrating the finals in which Ablett was BOG or close to it.

For games...you haven't even seen.

You're then pretending...to know who the best players were each game, and in what order.

Then label someone else delusional.

A round of applause for you Cleany.
But you haven’t. You didn’t give Chapman who went 17 and 5 BOG when he was CLEARLY BOG. Did you even watch the game?

We all know your views are f’ed up but making a leaderboard doesn’t make it legit. Especially when you change the awards’ voting system to suit you. It’s actually quite sad the lengths you go to delude yourself.

Cleansweep17 unlike Ablett, it seems Martin was never close to winning the League MVP and being the best finals performer for three consecutive seasons.

The closest he got was League MVP and Finals MVP one season, neither award the next season, then no League MVP but a Finals MVP, then no league MVP but a Finals MVP.

Ablett then backed it up by being the best player in the comp (or close to it) for FIVE more years. Whereas Martin crumpled up into a heap after 2020, featuring in the top 44 players just one season of three after that.

And this is your GOAT. Oh boy.

Of course it didn’t happen because it didn’t exist: the whole fulcrum of your argument is based on criticising someone for not winning something that wasn’t available to win 😂😂😂

Same as your stupid Bill Russell argument

Next you’ll be telling us Bradman’s T20 record drops him down the cricket pecking order
"If the award didn't exist, you can't have been the best player in that category...and besides, Ablett wasn't ever close to the best finals player in a given season"

"Well here's 3 pretty clear cases where that could have been the case (two locks and one close), for logical reasons x, y and z"

"I didn't watch any of those games but I KNOW you're lying. Keep screaming at a bloody wall you maniac!"

I think he's broken.

But you haven’t. You didn’t give Chapman who went 17 and 5 BOG when he was CLEARLY BOG. Did you even watch the game?

We all know your views are f’ed up but making a leaderboard doesn’t make it legit. Especially when you change the awards’ voting system to suit you. It’s actually quite sad the lengths you go to delude yourself.
Mooney 17 and 5 in the GF, no Norm Smith votes. He had a goal assist too. And no midfielder that day was as good as Ablett in the QF. WHERE is his NS?

I reeled off Ablett's stats before - just a slice of the story - but you could also do what I've done countless times and watch the bloody match rather than make stuff up.

Mooney 17 and 5 in the GF, no Norm Smith votes. He had a goal assist too. And no midfielder that day was as good as Ablett in the QF. WHERE is his NS?

I reeled off Ablett's stats before - just a slice of the story - but you could also do what I've done countless times and watch the bloody match rather than make stuff up.
Um dude you gave Chapman 4, so you obviously knew he played well. 🤣

You just couldn’t put him above Ablett because well…. It doesn’t suit you does it?

Go rewatch the games, you clearly can’t remember them.

I had a feeling that digging into Ablett's 2007-2010 finals as the standout finals performer of that era would break you. It's coupled with too many League MVPs and Coaches Association awards. All lined up neatly in a row. Even in a team that didn't advance past the prelim he was Geelong's standout finals performer and in the top few in general (2010).

Don't worry, Bartel, Chapman, Johnson, Scarlett, Corey and Enright were very good too. More memorable performances among them than their Richmond equivalents a decade later. But Ablett was the clear leader and completely backed up his performances from H&A across the 12 game set.

Um dude you gave Chapman 4, so you obviously knew he played well. 🤣

You just couldn’t put him above Ablett because well…. It doesn’t suit you does it?

Go rewatch the games, you clearly can’t remember them.
Chapman played very well but not CLEAR BOG.

That would be the bloke with 32 immaculate disposals, 15 contested possessions, a stack of inside 50s and clearances and 2 goals from the source of congestion. Most Chapman scoring chains started from Ablett's hard work in the guts.

These are games you have never watched in your life. It's a bit rich telling someone else to rewatch them.

Cleansweep17 unlike Ablett, it seems Martin was never close to winning the League MVP and being the best finals performer for three consecutive seasons.

The closest he got was League MVP and Finals MVP one season, neither award the next season, then no League MVP but a Finals MVP, then no league MVP but a Finals MVP.

Ablett then backed it up by being the best player in the comp (or close to it) for FIVE more years. Whereas Martin crumpled up into a heap after 2020, featuring in the top 44 players just one season of three after that.

And this is your GOAT. Oh boy.

Ablett lost to Cooney, Priddis and Cotchin in his prime get tf out of here with that shit 🤣

GAJ was the best player in the comp for like 2 seasons at best. Hence why he only did a Brownlow, Coaches and MVP triple once. He was never clearly the best player in the game for more than one season. Very good at being the bridesmaid though just like his dad.

I had a feeling that digging into Ablett's 2007-2010 finals as the standout finals performer of that era would break you. It's coupled with too many League MVPs and Coaches Association awards. All lined up neatly in a row. Even in a team that didn't advance past the prelim he was Geelong's standout finals performer and in the top few in general (2010).

Don't worry, Bartel, Chapman, Johnson, Scarlett, Corey and Enright were very good too. More memorable performances among them than their Richmond equivalents a decade later. But Ablett was the clear leader and completely backed up his performances from H&A across the 12 game set.
Oooo I better watch out Ivan Drago is coming after me 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOAT defender Scarlett to GOAT captain Selwood to GOAT Ablett. Cracking goal. 😍😍😍

Those end to end scoring chains were relentless in 2007. Scarlett or Enright rebounding to Ablett or Bartel, lace out to a forward flanker and only one result from there.

That QF the Ablett score involvement meter was popping off. But it was a training drill (like most of Martin's finals). The greats do it when the going's tough.

So he did the same bloody thing in a nail biting, classic prelim a fortnight later. And the match winning goal to break a premiership drought. Showing off. Thank God Cleansweep17 only Geelong involvement at that time was picking the Cats in his grade 2 tipping comp. No wonder his knowledge of the era is so immaculate.

And yet couldn’t even get a b2b or get your best player to stay at the club. Atrocious, to this day it baffles me why anybody would want to be a Geelong supporter. I bet you guys were just born into it or just live there.
You probably don't realise how bitter this sounds coming from the guy who as of the moment the 2022 GF siren sounded has been having a permanent meltdown over little old Geelong and churned through multiple accounts solely because the one club you can't stand has seen the most premiership success in your lifetime. But your bitterness is a sweet melody to my ears Falcon, so despite what anyone tells you, never stop playing your song.

And yet couldn’t even get a b2b or get your best player to stay at the club. Atrocious, to this day it baffles me why anybody would want to be a Geelong supporter. I bet you guys were just born into it or just live there.
"Ha! I bet some of you guys were born in your team's city and you had to suffer through 4 flags in the past 17 seasons, finals most years and an astonishing catalogue of players all rated above my favourite Tigers. Suffer in your jocks!"

You probably don't realise how bitter this sounds coming from the guy who as of the moment the 2022 GF siren sounded has been having a permanent meltdown over little old Geelong and churned through multiple accounts solely because the one club you can't stand has seen the most premiership success in your lifetime. But your bitterness is a sweet melody to my ears Falcon, so despite what anyone tells you, never stop playing your song.
He brings joy. He brings the laughs. Sure he should seek help but let's play the Falcon song just a few last times first.

This is what you’re reduced to?

Yeah it’s sucked winning more comps than you have in our respective lifetimes and never going more than a couple of seasons without competing that’s for sure.

This is what you’re reduced to?

Yeah it’s sucked winning more comps than you have in our respective lifetimes and never going more than a couple of seasons without competing that’s for sure.

You won’t get to see a b2b, your best player is flagless and your 2nd best player has no loyalty and left for money. That’s what sucks. So again I have no idea why you would want to go for Geelong. You only have a measly 10 flags too. Like what even 🤣

You won’t get to see a b2b, your best player is flagless and your 2nd best player has no loyalty and left for money. That’s what sucks. So again I have no idea why you would want to go for Geelong. You only have a measly 10 flags too. Like what even 🤣
Who are your top 10 Geelong players of all time, and top 10 Geelong finals performers of all time? In order.

You can stick to modern era, or all time. I know you're a student of the game so just want to learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back